Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures 31st July/1st August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I hope you put money on that!
    I am the oracle.

I am pretty p!ssed off I didn't put any money on it.

Feck Athlone and their dirty hackers.

In other words, a crazy game in Finn Park. Athlone came and tried to play football, but really had no end product. Aside from a one on one saved by Gallagher at the end, they never really troubled the Harps keeper. Think it was their only real shot on target, could be wrong on that.
    A deserved red card though, shocking lunge by Josh Mailey, he's privvy to a few of those each season and should be on the end of a three or four game ban.
    We had a stonewall penalty turned down, we hit the post, and drew a couple of fine saves from the young Athlone goalkeeper.

Despite all this, Athlone were probably the better side as Harps are still miles from their best. Fearing a whipping by Wexford next week with a heap of defenders missing.

Ball firmly in UCDs court now.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Great result for us in Bray tonight.Yeah it was only a 1-niller but we dug it out and it was always going to be just one man to score tonight,as soon as he came on you just knew....
    Cherrie was in some form,we hit the bar twice,he pulled off some great saves and it didnt look like it would be our night.
    Q the Killer-still injured from a training match on Monday and he's just 10 mins on the park when he nods home a delicious Horgan cross from the left and the Carlisle erupts.A few mins later he puts Towell through for a one on one with a magnificent pass(Towell screwed up and smashed wide)
    Killer-Killer-Killer rings around the ground.
    Some debut for the lad,instant hero in Dundalk.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Kilduff will fit well into your side. Could well be the difference by seasons end. Hes never gotten a consistent run of games anywhere hes been except at UCD and with us and its no coincidence how well he performed at both clubs.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    ouch.
    That's not working out too well on here of late.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I fancy Sligo to get something next Saturday night.

8. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'm quietly confident we won't win more than two league games in the rest of the season. We can't defend and we can't score.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I'm quietly confident we won't win more than two league games in the rest of the season. We can't defend and we can't score.
    What happened?
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    What happened?
    Just a guess, but I'd say Tony Cousins happened.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Realistically we've been found out really. We don't have a Plan B and when we lose a few of our better players Plan A won't work. Teams didn't really know us at first but even in the First teams used to do better against us in the later rounds. It's been a problem with TC all along. He has a good eye for a player but can't change a game at all. One up front is killing us.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I am the oracle.

I am pretty p!ssed off I didn't put any money on it.

Feck Athlone and their dirty hackers.

In other words, a crazy game in Finn Park. Athlone came and tried to play football, but really had no end product. Aside from a one on one saved by Gallagher at the end, they never really troubled the Harps keeper. Think it was their only real shot on target, could be wrong on that.
    A deserved red card though, shocking lunge by Josh Mailey, he's privvy to a few of those each season and should be on the end of a three or four game ban.
    We had a stonewall penalty turned down, we hit the post, and drew a couple of fine saves from the young Athlone goalkeeper.

Despite all this, Athlone were probably the better side as Harps are still miles from their best. Fearing a whipping by Wexford next week with a heap of defenders missing.

Ball firmly in UCDs court now.
    HACKERS???? I really hope that is a joke. You harps fans are the must deluded bunch when it comes to ref decisions. Booing Derek Doyle constantly cause he was on the receiving end of a 2 footed tackle. How dare he.
    Your players left a foot in nearly every tackle. Pulling out of shirts etc etc. We came and played some lovely ball and had 3 simple chances near the end which we should have finished. And as for a stonewall peno. Which one of your numerous shouts in anger was that one?
    I have said it before and will say it again (as have many many others) Harps are a filthy team who go out to hassle/hurt opponents and dont try to play ball whatsoever
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quick look at the first division table and we aren't doing too badly at all for a bunch of dirty hacking hoors who don't try and play ball whatsoever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    ouch.
    Football fan shows confidence in their teams chances shocker! Sure that never happens before a match.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Just a guess, but I'd say Tony Cousins happened.
    Only 50% true this season he hasn't made half as many crazy decisions as usual but he's still made enough of them. A lot of the so called senior players aren't showing any passion at all and as a life long supporter there's nothing that upsets me more than that.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Only 50% true this season he hasn't made half as many crazy decisions as usual but he's still made enough of them. A lot of the so called senior players aren't showing any passion at all and as a life long supporter there's nothing that upsets me more than that.

Well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Cork looked impressive last night to be fair, not bypassing the midfield is working and having players especially like Miller and also Healy on the ball is reaping dividends. Looks like they are peaking in form for the season and I'm glad we faced them last week now.

Still we won 1-0 away while playing just ok, and the gap remains 6 with a better (but slightly reducing) goal difference, but it's looking like a carbon copy of last season already, possibly Rovers might come into challenge more, but there's plenty to play for thats for sure.

Good to see Kilduff off the mark already, and Maguire will be available from next week also, certainly better options having two additional strikers available than taking on John Mountney to replace McMillan as has been the recent switch. McMillan has been playing well but not scoring, and that's a problem for any striker/team, he needs to be rested in my opinion, he has started every league game and two big european games too.
    Last edited by oriel; 01/08/2015 at 8:47 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    I fancy Sligo to get something next Saturday night.
    Damn you

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    HACKERS???? I really hope that is a joke. You harps fans are the must deluded bunch when it comes to ref decisions. Booing Derek Doyle constantly cause he was on the receiving end of a 2 footed tackle. How dare he.
    Your players left a foot in nearly every tackle. Pulling out of shirts etc etc. We came and played some lovely ball and had 3 simple chances near the end which we should have finished. And as for a stonewall peno. Which one of your numerous shouts in anger was that one?
    I have said it before and will say it again (as have many many others) Harps are a filthy team who go out to hassle/hurt opponents and dont try to play ball whatsoever
    You mean Derek Doyle who leads with the elbow for every header?? It was a crowd of u11 schoolboys who were in the stand that booed him, hardly the entire crowd.

I wouldn't say our lads are angels by any stretch of the imagination but to say we're a filthy side is a bit much. There was 1 bad tackle (red card all day).

Ray Foy was taken out in the 1st half as he was running clear into the box, absolutely should have been a penalty. The blatant handball in the 2nd half should have been a penalty too but asking for 1 decision from the ref never mind 2 would be a huge burden on him.

Athlone tried to play a bit but again it was far from Barca ffs. The majority of the time it was hoofed from Aidan Collins to Philly Gorman, effectively I might add. Robbie Gaul had a good game and broke up alot of play and gave it simple.

And final point, the "pulling out of shirts" statement is laughable. Nathan Boyles jersey must be 2 sizes bigger than it was at the start of the match.

I love the fact people give a **** about Harps again, it must mean we're having a good season. Brilliant.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Cork looked impressive last night to be fair, not bypassing the midfield is working and having players especially like Miller and also Healy on the ball is reaping dividends. Looks like they are peaking in form for the season and I'm glad we faced them last week now.

Still we won 1-0 away while playing just ok, and the gap remains 6 with a better (but slightly reducing) goal difference, but it's looking like a carbon copy of last season already, possibly Rovers might come into challenge more, but there's plenty to play for thats for sure.
    I was very impressed with us last night too we kept the ball down and even when we went long the ball always seemed to find one of our players. We are in good form and hopefully that will continue until the end of the season. I can see rovers coming into it more win their game in hand and they will be within 2 points of us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    What happened?
    Wouldn't necessarily blame Cousins for last night.
    Longford didn't really present much in the way of attacking, but we controlled the game very well.
    Unfortunate for Longford to concede the OG so early on, really knocked them. Thought we were pretty good after that. A lot, lot more passing play, players looking hungry, and we were actually shooting for a change. Also, I don't think McBride once hoofed the ball up the park.
    In truth, we probably could have scored more, missed a few chances and there were a few questionable offside calls. But any Derry fan would have taken a scrappy 1-0 before the game, so happy with the result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    I fear Derry will gather themselves against us.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    I've seen little to suggest we will. Mind you, of all the games in this final series, Longford at home would be one of the ones we'd be more likely to win.
    Hard to see past a draw still though.
    I like being right, but not like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast