Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Epl 2015/2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Richie got three poty awards as well. What the hell is 'Away poty'? Best foreign player or best performer in the away games? Both seem a bit mad so maybe it's something else.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Best performer in away games I presume.
    I'd have a goal of the year award instead, even so, Gylfi would have won that as well.

Not much at stake on the last day of the epl, I'll miss those triple split screens and images of fans at their wits end, brokenhearted, ecstatic and sometimes all 3 inside a minute with the same fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah, Sunderland's revival was very damaging to the last day entertainment levels. Basically the only major thing to be decided is the 4th CL spot and even that appears straight forward enough, you'd never know with Man City though.

Edit - Jaysus... Only saw this now.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 15/05/2016 at 2:16 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    The Swansea equaliser defined the term "it took a wicked deflection",
    apart from that the main entertainment for the crowd was jeering at Man City fluffing their chances.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    Funny quote on Twitter: only Spurs could be in a two horse title race and still come third.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    That must be beyond head wrecking for their fans. They'd have killed for a third place finish in August, now it seems like a bit of a disaster. They be over it by the time the new season starts though I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    West Ham have apparently bid £25m for Callum Wilson & Matt Ritchie. Seriously.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Quite enjoyed the FA Cup Final if not the result. Pardew was a bit stupid saying before the match that Man U intend to fade late in games and as for the dance when Palace scored.....the less said the better. He, and the "experts", seemed to treat the two instances where the ref didn't play the advantage as potentially two cast iron goals when all they would have amounted to as the possibility of two reasonable chances, particularly the first one but there was a lot to do. Man U were probably there for the taking if Palace believed a bit more. Shame for the Palace fans. What is means to a Man U fan I am not sure with a host of similar trophies, league titles and European cups under their belts. Pleasant but not ecstatic ? Just wondering.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Well I suppose it puts them level with Arsenal on the roll of honour list, these kind of things are important when it comes to bragging, etc. Probably important that it stopped the rot a little bit too, the longer a side goes without a trophy the more pressure accumulates. Personally I'm happy for Van Gaal, at least he has something to show for his time there and keeps his record going of winning something with all the clubs he's managed. Pardew's dance though?... You really need to finish the job if you're going to do something like that! Not allowing play to develop was really basic stuff from Clattenburg, I'm not sure how he's so highly rated, has some shocking performances. Yeah they weren't certain goals, but infuriating nonetheless.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Well I suppose it puts them level with Arsenal on the roll of honour list, these kind of things are important when it comes to bragging, etc. Probably important that it stopped the rot a little bit too, the longer a side goes without a trophy the more pressure accumulates. Personally I'm happy for Van Gaal, at least he has something to show for his time there and keeps his record going of winning something with all the clubs he's managed. Pardew's dance though?... You really need to finish the job if you're going to do something like that! Not allowing play to develop was really basic stuff from Clattenburg, I'm not sure how he's so highly rated, has some shocking performances. Yeah they weren't certain goals, but infuriating nonetheless.
    So their pleasure might be in a statistic rather than the actual joy of winning one of the three major trophies in England ?

Agree re Clattenburg. I am not one to knock refs, unless they ignore a Frenchman handling a ball, but I agree that I have seen much better refs with less showy hairstyles in Europe.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    So their pleasure might be in a statistic rather than the actual joy of winning one of the three major trophies in England ?
    I suppose like everything, it would have varied from supporter to supporter. There were a lot of reasons to be satisfied with it:

-First post-Fergie trophy of any significance
    -Record equalling cup win
    -First FA Cup win since 2004 despite having a big tradition in the competition
    -Rooney/Carrick first FA Cup win (have won everything else at club level)
    -Something to show for LVG's time in charge, go out on a high, keep his own personal club record going
    -Avoiding the negativity that would have come with losing
    -Lots of new players who hadn't won silverware with United previously
    -Success often breeds success

I think there's enough there to make it a very good victory, but probably satisfaction and relief more than anything euphoric, given their disappointing season and being generally spoilt rotten in the recent past.

13. Thanks From:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910