Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tipp South & District League 2015/16

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no interest in cashel at youth level so that is no surprise, it has been falling away for the last couple of years, its awful to see it here, how many did Michaels lose rightboy, think your over exaggerating there, i make it 2. shameful that michaels cant field when cullen lattin can a youth side!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    true yes, michaels werent exactly a good youth team last year so there would be no fear of losing too many lads to higher leagues.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did Clonmel Celtic hire a bus; travel to Clare and then fail to fulfill the fixture in Munster Champions Cup? Very strange!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Clonmel Celtic have a long history in giving walkovers if my memory serves me correctly, have they no reserve team or Youth team who could of travelled?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBilko View Post
    Clonmel Celtic have a long history in giving walkovers if my memory serves me correctly, have they no reserve team or Youth team who could of travelled?
    You'd never see something like that happen with Town or Michaels in fairness. Even if missing players why not go up and take their beating, it would be forgotten about in a few weeks..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very true Siberian, im sure Tom Lewis will have some stern words for our league representatives in the competition, the TSDL would have better off sending up any of the previous aforementioned clubs to participate

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The TSDL fixtures Sectretary who has close associations with St Michaels (past chairman and treasurer) receives a request for a free weekend from rival club of St Michaels, i.e. Clonmel Celtic FC. Apparently all clubs are entitled to apply for a free weekend once they give adequate notice which Clonmel Celtic did on this occasion. Bizarely the League Secretary is of the opinion that a Friday doesn't form part of a weekend so he schedules a fixture for Clonmel Celtic on the Friday night, against guess who? Yes away to St Michaels . You couldn't make this up!!!

'Evil prospers when good men do nothing'.

Definition of a weekend - 'noun 1. the end of a week, especially the period of time between Friday evening and Monday morning:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Tsdl have put a post up on their website clarifying the situation regarding free weekends.. Basically it says you can apply for a free weekend, give adequate notice, specify a date and even at that if the fixtures secretary does not feel like granting a weekend off he has the right to refuse the application..... Surely there should be a rule change to allow All clubs 2 free weekends a year , once 2 weeks notice is given....this would help all clubs,but especially smaller clubs, who have difficulty fielding teams when there is an overlap with county finals etc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An amendment to rule 21a would help regarding clubs being granted free weekends but this needs club members to raise the proposal at the AGM or an EGM.. If the majority of clubs look for an amendment to this rule, or any other rules that clubs feel need changing, surely the league will have to listen

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    You'd imagine that's exactly how the system should work. However does anyone actually have a copy of the TSDL Rule book or how difficult could it be for TSDL to stick it up on their website. I assume the FAI rule book carrys more clout than the TSDL one if there are any inconsistencies? Problem with TSDL it's like a secret organisation that doesn't communicate very well and needs to be more open and transparent. The TSDL part of foot.ie basically died when TSDL threatened any club/person who said anything bad about and now I hear Celtic are in big bother about something they put up on their website last week.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All clubs should have the right to vent their frustration,as long as they are not being abusive towards individuals or making unsubstantiated allegations of cheating etc... I read what Celtic wrote and to be honest if there is any backlash from the league over to post it will be a complete over reaction. No one was abused,or accused anyone of anything under handed. It simply outlined their frustration with a flawed system ... Surely we should all be allowed complain if something is needs changing

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Clonmel Celtic used up their free weekend when they failed to take the field in the Munster Champions Cup. I have no pity on them and it looks like Tom Lewis didn't either, probably a bit of Karma as one would put it!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I think it's a well known fact Bilko that you're no 'Celtic sympathiser'. However if people let their personal grudges get in the way of having an open debate that hopefully may some day influence positive administrative change in the league they'll never be progress and we'll always be debating issues like. I wouldn't be Celtic's biggest fan but I think they did get a raw deal here and not turning up for the Munster game had sod all to do with it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I find it very strange that anybody would have sympathy for Clonmel celtic. The season has barely started and Celtic require another free weekend along with the weekend they granted themselves only a short 7 weeks ago by failing to fulfil a champions league fixture! If this was a payback ye deserve it!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't be so naive Siberian

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fact remains, irrespective of Celtics situation, it would benefit all clubs to have an amendment to rule 21a, especially smaller clubs in areas that have strong GAA teams.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Peake Villa have won 3 youth leagues in the last 5 years with 3 different sets of top youth players and are a complete shambles. How is this possible? They are a club who take pride in their junior side and put their money where their mouth is in terms of junior resources. Any team can get hit for 5 on a day over the course of a season, there will be days like that, it's the second week of November and they have been hit for 5 in cashel, 5 home and away to clonmel, hammered by saints, presume this is the underlying reason Michael Ryan is playing in Cashel after a decade or more with Villa

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Any scores from today's fai games from tipp?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly man View Post
    Any scores from today's fai games from tipp?
    All results on TSDL website.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stelling View Post
    Peake Villa have won 3 youth leagues in the last 5 years with 3 different sets of top youth players and are a complete shambles. How is this possible?
    how is this possible?? because you will find it difficult for a young team to keep it into top teams like michaels/celtic. i saw villa today, goalie and centerback maybe 30 years old. center midfielder 25 years old. i reckon the rest of the team are between the ages of 17-22 from the youths teams you mention. you must understand how they got a few clippings off celtic/michaels (2 of the best in the country). it isnt rocket science.

villa went through a stage of having no youths teams, at this moment in time they are paying for that as it on now when those youths would be now good age for junior soccer....but in a couple of years it will all level out again. the old phrase, ya win nothing with kids, but these kids will grow up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast