Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clare District League 2015/16

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From what i saw last season Avenue b are the only side that might be able to compete in the prem and they can't because of the rules. Ennistymon's season turned on an objection after they were well beaten by ennis town b, and moher and kildysart have no business up there , neither do Lifford or Hermitage unless there have been major changes so the only obvious candidates are Shannon Town if it's true that the are on a par with Olympic.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Tage will be the ones reinstated. They have been contacted already that there is a 70% chance they are back. They lost the playoff so only logically they would be first choice.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Tage will stay up. But from what i hear they will struggle even more this year. Imo shannon town should go straight in if only to generate interest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    Tage will stay up. But from what i hear they will struggle even more this year. Imo shannon town should go straight in if only to generate interest
    but to follow clare league rules all new clubs go into the 3rd Division that would generate some intrest

" football is a simple game "

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    but to follow clare league rules all new clubs go into the 3rd Division that would generate some intrest
    if they have three/four teams does that mean they can't be in the same division? how would that work? is that a route to get back in the premier

I also think that with the size of the divisions that 3 teams up/3 down is too much..
    Last edited by Two Feet Up; 06/07/2015 at 1:33 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Who's the current Newmarket manger ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Shannon town confirmed into 1st division. Kildysert to stay in Premier. Also Donnie Garrihy running for OT manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfriend View Post
    Shannon town confirmed into 1st division. Kildysert to stay in Premier. Also Donnie Garrihy running for OT manager.
    So are their B team in the 2nd or the 3rd division?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Into the third.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfriend View Post
    Heard shannon town have a good squad of players down there, any new signings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Melon View Post
    Heard shannon town have a good squad of players down there, any new signings?
    if you heard they have a good squad of players down ,, you must have heard some names then ???

let me start the rumours as nobody signed yet as forms not out yet Ex Olympic players Darren Whelan signing, Cheeky mc Donald trained but probally staying with Olympic if they have a team , and the big possible move of the season paddy Purcell leaving Newmarket to join Shannon town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    if you heard they have a good squad of players down ,, you must have heard some names then ???

let me start the rumours as nobody signed yet as forms not out yet Ex Olympic players Darren Whelan signing, Cheeky mc Donald trained but probally staying with Olympic if they have a team , and the big possible move of the season paddy Purcell leaving Newmarket to join Shannon town
    Why would Cheeky train with them if he isn't signing and is staying with Olympic but yet they had training tonight so why not go down there? Heard Paddy might be leaving alright, from a Newmarket player who I won't name. With Darren Whelan signing, Cheeky training and Paddy Purcell possibly signing Donal must be promising them the sun, moon and stars! Add them 3 to the current players they already have and they are going to walk that 1st Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One of Shannon towns B team players told me that his mate was training with the A team and they have a good squad of players, I said any new players and he said he doesn't know he never asked his mate.

Your rumours are usually ridiculous anyway so I shall wait and see if someone else can answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    One of Shannon towns B team players told me that his mate was training with the A team and they have a good squad of players, I said any new players and he said he doesn't know he never asked his mate.

Your rumours are usually ridiculous anyway so I shall wait and see if someone else can answer.
    You tell him Melon In Fairness Shannon Town usually have good numbers down training, didn't they have 26 lads down preseason training last year! Good core group of players at Town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

melon

i do put up some ridiculos rumours now and again .. but check most i put up and they usually correct.. told ye all months ago town were going back to clare league , and also started rumour paddy purcell joining newmarket last season so not to far wrong

as for rumours i posted darren whelan is going to shannon town / cheeky trained with them paddy purcell signing ?? 2 out of 3 right so far .. hear ye are in trouble already below in olympic before season starts possibly losing 4-5 players and only 10 -12 training including B team players any truth or all rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    melon

i do put up some ridiculos rumours now and again .. but check most i put up and they usually correct.. told ye all months ago town were going back to clare league , and also started rumour paddy purcell joining newmarket last season so not to far wrong

as for rumours i posted darren whelan is going to shannon town / cheeky trained with them paddy purcell signing ?? 2 out of 3 right so far .. hear ye are in trouble already below in olympic before season starts possibly losing 4-5 players and only 10 -12 training including B team players any truth or all rumours
    Who are the 4-5 players Olympic are losing? Gary Higgins, Cheeky, Brian McGorrian, Whealers, and BJ? Are those the 4-5 you are saying are possibly going? I'd say out of them only two will leave I'll leave it up to you to figure it out. Olympic playing Coonagh out in Coonagh tonight so I'd say you'd have a fair idea of who's staying or going by who turns up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Who are the 4-5 players Olympic are losing? Gary Higgins, Cheeky, Brian McGorrian, Whealers, and BJ? Are those the 4-5 you are saying are possibly going? I'd say out of them only two will leave I'll leave it up to you to figure it out. Olympic playing Coonagh out in Coonagh tonight so I'd say you'd have a fair idea of who's staying or going by who turns up
    hibs

Gary higgins Gone / darren whelan GONE / collie Gone / Brian mc gorrian going / steve Dolan going Thats Five i count, lads togging out tonight means nothing i think lads will hold of on signing forms for as late as possible to see what squads are like for coming season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hibs

Gary higgins Gone / darren whelan GONE / collie Gone / Brian mc gorrian going / steve Dolan going Thats Five i count, lads togging out tonight means nothing i think lads will hold of on signing forms for as late as possible to see what squads are like for coming season
    Glad to see you've it all figured out as always. Do you have the lads on speed dial? As you just said yourself players will leave it until the last minute to see what squads are like for the coming season so to say players are gone at this stage is a bit premature. Coonagh 2-2 Olympic, McGorrian played as did Cheeky

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Donal Magee will promise the everything to a player before they sign, once pen is on paper you find out the story,
    Will Newmarket keep that squad together??
    Shannon Town playing first division surely can't be an attraction to players looking to play OT, Big difference in the standard of first and premier, could lose their places over sharpness, Once they are premier they should be taken that bit more serious, they haven't proved much in limerick, Top end of clare would of been doing better I'd like to think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Glad to see you've it all figured out as always. Do you have the lads on speed dial? As you just said yourself players will leave it until the last minute to see what squads are like for the coming season so to say players are gone at this stage is a bit premature. Coonagh 2-2 Olympic, McGorrian played as did Cheeky
    HIBS7772 ..
    What is driving your love for olympic .. you want to change your name

read my post again HIGGINS GONE / WHELAN GONE / COLLIE GONE / MC Gorrian going but looks like he keeping his options open .. you forgot to mention in your report above Olympic had the bare 11 last night including 3 B Team players and a Shannon town Guest Player
    Last edited by old git; 22/07/2015 at 12:13 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast