Limerick Desmond League 2015/16

2015/16

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Limerick Desmond League 2015/16

Might as well start a new thread for the upcoming season in case anyone has any news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The A.G.M. is on tomorrow night in the Rathkeale House Hotel, probably get a good idea of proposed start dates for the Junior & Youths Leagues then.
    Any players from the Desmond League being poached by the City League teams?
    Surely at least one or 2 of the Abbeyfeale Utd. lads have been approached after their winning treble and run in the Munster Junior!?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I was out in limerick city last weekend and met a broadford member who told me that there are two clubs are Ray Lynch to be their manager. One in the Desmond League and the other in the District League. Also heard that Joe McAuliffe is going to Newcastle Rovers.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    I was out in limerick city last weekend and met a broadford member who told me that there are two clubs are Ray Lynch to be their manager. One in the Desmond League and the other in the District League. Also heard that Joe McAuliffe is going to Newcastle Rovers.
    Heard he joined charleville with Marty foley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ray Lynch to be manager?? Player/Manager possibly, the man would start on all teams in the Desmond League... although maybe he's had enough of it! Still surprising though if he was to leave Broadford for another Desmond League team.
    With regards Joe McAuliffe, that would be a great signing for them, don't think so though...
    If Ádám Bogdán can sign for Liverpool after one half decent performance there's hope for us all yet!!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Anyone at the agm tonight. Any craic at it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyfootball View Post
    Ray Lynch to be manager?? Player/Manager possibly, the man would start on all teams in the Desmond League... although maybe he's had enough of it! Still surprising though if he was to leave Broadford for another Desmond League team.
    With regards Joe McAuliffe, that would be a great signing for them, don't think so though...
    If Ádám Bogdán can sign for Liverpool after one half decent performance there's hope for us all yet!!
    Would probably be player manager alright, charlevillle is the distruict team that i heard alright so there must be some truth in it,

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Would probably be player manager alright, charlevillle is the distruict team that i heard alright so there must be some truth in it,
    Ya it was confirmed last week alrite should do ok there They have a few decent players and state of the art Astro

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any other rumours of transfers and managers? Will there be changes with NCW to help stop what happened last year and become title challengers again? Can Abbey put in the same commitment and effort that they showed this year and carry on into next year ? Will Rathkeale bring some of the boys that won the double with the B's or Reserves or what ever they are called these days, surely they should bring some of those boys up after their fantastic season and not bring boys who will leave the team after Christmas.
    Also from what was said at the AGM the other night we still don't know who's going to be coming up to the premier yet, as the Munster council still have to look at the appeal from Carrig ??? Ray Lynch and Marty Foley are gone to Charleville to manage and I presume they will play as well as they are both good enough to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Heard ray lynch was going to ballingarry & Charleville. Ballingarry would have been an interesting one had he gone there. Your half right with your statement bout the munster council sportsfanatic but it's not an appeal from Carrig that is the hold up. Carrig never appealed. Glin and Kildimo went to the munster council about the leagues decision to have a playoff. But I agree Should have been sorted out long ago. I have heard Killeaney struggling badly for numbers but it's only June yet so you'd imagine they will recruit players in time.

On a different note I really hope to see a lot of young guys coming through this season. It's no secret that the standard in the league has gone down big time in the last couple of years. I know a lot of clubs have been putting in some great ground work with better coaching and facilities for under age teams and it would be great to see some results starting to come through. If they're good enough they're old enough in my view

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard from a lot of people that Ray was going to Ballingarry from 4 or 5 people but that is not true. Ballingarry have a new manager appointed already with several new faces too. You'd have to assume that the promotion/relegation saga will be over soon and the decision will be that Kildimo and Glin go up and Carrig go down.

Would agree with you there have it with your second statement. I did think Rovers brought a new life to the league with a young team and if the management can add to the squad from last year will be serious title challengers again. At least last years league wasn't the usual Broadford and Rathkeale challenging with Abbey winning the treble and rovers right up there until the end. Hopefully we will see the same again next year with four or five teams in contention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ahh here, that relegation promotion crap is still ongoing??
    If it's true that Ray & Marty have gone to Charleville, best of luck to them both! He helped us win the All Ireland in Clounreask & brought back the Oscar Traynor Inter League team when no one else would.
    Yeah good to see a break up of the usual suspects... Abbeyfeale Utd brought through a few nice young players as did Rovers & Rathkeale. Killeaney had one or 2 handy young fellas also.
    Some of the teams in the city tend to recruit some of these younger players and more recently Limerick F.C. have started to too. Unfortunately it takes them (quality, rejuvinating players) from the league and leaves us a wee bit stale. As was said above (Have It, sportsfanatic) was good to see Abbey & Rovers up there this year with numerous good young fellas in their ranks.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steven Gerard v Olympiakos 08/12/2004 oh what a night..................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Shoot, you know it... some game! Always reminds me of a goal I almost scored in Clounreask...!
    Anyone have any idea of the proposed start date for the youths & junior seasons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    My first ever game at Anfield that night. Spent the last 10 years trying to score one just like it (without success I might add). Ya nothing in the Observer about it, the agm was last week was it?
    Good to see a local lad and the league getting a bit of publicity too after James Cussen's goal for Rovers in their first game last season went viral. It was picked up by sites like the sport bible. Cracking goal to be fair so well done to him

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We will miss him, went to soon i think, that night was special alright even more than istanbul because without it we would not have " we won it 5 times"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    And can anyone inform me what in the name of jaysus has stevie g got to do with the Desmond lge.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

19. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I agree dutchie

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Unless Steven Gerrard is joining Shannonside on loan I don't want to hear about him on this forum ha. When are the forms out? I presume the phone calls are started to poach players

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast