Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Hogan Cup Final: Newcastle Rovers B 1 Knockaderry 0

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What happened to Tossie Butler? Fine player! Hope it is not too serious? Wishing him speedy recovery!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to glin rovers on winning the Desmond cup. Thought Paul Sheahan was the different between the sides. Two great goals in it, a super free kick by Keith Hartnett and Paul sheahans Henryesque finish to force extra time. Good to see a great crowd in Ncw for it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rovers showed some spirit to come back like that! Must have been a bit like Istanbul!
    Paul Sheahan is a serious player with another brace in a final!! Was it a good match? Any other reports? Saw a few photos and pitch looked like the Nou-Camp!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well lads another season over with. A great year for glin rovers as a club wit A And B team both collecting trophies. A disappointing year from Newcastle west teams. Both clubs out of shake up v early an no where in cups, maybe they shud consider joining....two very poor teams relegated, imo I think the team playing best football all year deserved to win the league and done it in a very exciting way.by all accounts they lost 6 or 7 players from previous winning team..Broadford did end up with league cup an credit must go to them for run they went on. Once again ratkeale wit no trophy.to be fair were unlucky in desmond cup final.datsone they through away..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Just giving my two cents on the year.
    Great year for Glin in the finish as Southern Kid said, picking up three trophies in just over a week I think. No surprises in terms of the winners of the Premier and those that were relegated. Abbeyfeale were slipping around the third quarter of the season but came good in the finish.

Much like the Premier, I wasn't really surprised in who went up and down in the first division. Rathkeale B were poorer this year than last but that can probably be attributed to many players moving up to the A's. If they continue on next year how they ended this year then I think they will be relegated but with their Youths winning the treble this year (great accomplishment) then some players being drafted into the team could change that.

In the second division I was happy for Granagh to win the league as they really are a great side and deserved it. With that being said, I was shocked by AK who seemed to have won the league with 9 wins from their first 9 games in the league only to have a terrible run of form at the end losing to Ballysteen twice, losing 4-0 to Granagh and drawing with Creeves (who were relegated) and Shountrade (who should have been relegated). When you consider the amount of investment that went into that club this year, from the management (they had a lad from Fairview Rangers apparently) down to the players (they had some District League players as well as a lad from Spain who's flight to Ireland they were willing to pay for if they were to beat Glin to reach to the Desmond Cup final), I can't help but feel that this season would be considered a failure to them despite their promotion to the first division. I felt sorry for Creeves being relegated, especially after reaching two cup finals that year and having a good run of form after Christmas. I have no doubt that they will be promoted next year.

Didn't really keep up with the third division this year, so I can't really comment.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any idea if there'll be an Oscar traynor team this year

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516