Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The cup is back

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

The cup is back

Our love affair with the FAI continues as we take on Finn harps at CCS tomorrow night (8pm) and the one thing I'd like to see more than anything (bar a win of course) is a big crowd. I've been so disappointed with the lack of buzz and PR upon our return to the top flight and our attendances have been greatly masked by the large away followings we've seen this season. Given our history with the FAI cup there's no reason if marketed correctly we couldn't get 1000 people out for this match but the likely hood is once again the same couple hundred will turn out and that needs to change.

As for the game itself I'd rest some of our more senior players as the likes of Kev O'Connor and shaw have played almost every game this season.

My line up would be
    Hunt
    Mulhall Pat Sull Tyrell Powell
    Shannon Rhys Salmo Aymen
    Sully Kaleem
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I hope your right about Gorman in the midfield and not in the back four we will need his quality passing to break down the Harps defence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    We're missing four players tomorrow night, Donelon and Keating through the loan-deal, McGroary through injury and Tagbo who's ill.

We're probably playing an experimental team too with Cowan, Mailey and Coll returning from injury and needing to get back to match fitness. Couple of others needing game time and a chance to impress before summer transfer window will probably get a run too.

Focus on the league for us, so don't expect a whole lot from the game other than to come through it without injuries and suspension.
    Last edited by nigel-harps1954; 28/05/2015 at 8:48 PM.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    We're missing four players tomorrow night, Donelon and Keating through the loan-deal, McGroary through injury and Tagbo who's ill.

We're probably playing an experimental team too with Cowan, Mailey and Coll returning from injury and needing to get back to match fitness. Couple of others needing game time and a chance to impress before summer transfer window will probably get a run too.

Focus on the league for us, so don't expect a whole lot from the game other than to come through it without injuries and suspension.
    Jaysus I'm releaved to hear that, boost to the confidence knowing the likes of Keating are out. We should win this so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Jaysus I'm releaved to hear that, boost to the confidence knowing the likes of Keating are out. We should win this so.
    Keating hasn't been overly impressive despite being our top scorer. Tagbo is the biggest miss for us really. Longford should probably win, but it'll be a low scoring game. Maybe a scrappy 1-0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Keating hasn't been overly impressive despite being our top scorer. Tagbo is the biggest miss for us really. Longford should probably win, but it'll be a low scoring game. Maybe a scrappy 1-0.
    Wouldn't expect anything less

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I'd go with that team Outspoken. Shaw needs a break and resting KOC would be a good idea. I'd like to see Conor Dunne get a run out, see what he's made of. Has Daryl Carrigy gone AWOL again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I'd go with that team Outspoken. Shaw needs a break and resting KOC would be a good idea. I'd like to see Conor Dunne get a run out, see what he's made of. Has Daryl Carrigy gone AWOL again?
    Carrigy does shift work in a factory so he's unable to train with the first team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Other than the clear hand ball, there's no point complaining about match officials. The only clowns on the pitch tonight were those wearing red'n'black (Ben Mohammed being the exception). The lack of composure and quality on the ball in the final third by the rest of them was just embarrassing. You would see better in the CCFL.

Shaw has an incredible knack of not getting on the end of any crosses/general build up play. That's 2 months now without a goal. Simon's miss in the first half was the stuff of comedy. When we did score, it was Ragball Rovers stuff.

The set pieces, as usual, were wasted. Taking short corners, to try and drag opposition players out of a crowded box, must be an alien concept to our team.

Fair play to Harps. Down to 10 men. They did what had to be done.

Our players got what they deserved... a bank holiday Monday mainly spent travelling to/from Ballybofey. Not many, I'd say, will be joining them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    We couldn't finish our dinners right now. Wel lose Monday no doubt. Probably pick up a few injuries too. Shaw is too soft needs to harden up and stop getting bullied by centre halfs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Kaleem Simon is a very lucky boy that he's not got his leg in plaster this morning, a leg breaking challenge if ever I seen one. It looked like we thought all we had to do was turn up to win the match. Surprised one or two more didn't see red. Simons miss was bad but Salmons was worse! A tap in in, but he somehow managed to roll it up the back of his leg instead of rolling it in. We were on top 11 v 11. I think we'll win the replay but it'll be another tight one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Kaleem Simon is a very lucky boy that he's not got his leg in plaster this morning, a leg breaking challenge if ever I seen one. It looked like we thought all we had to do was turn up to win the match. Surprised one or two more didn't see red. Simons miss was bad but Salmons was worse! A tap in in, but he somehow managed to roll it up the back of his leg instead of rolling it in. We were on top 11 v 11. I think we'll win the replay but it'll be another tight one.
    Yet harps fans will tell you we had 12 men, that was a disgusting challenge.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    there's a horse called OUTSPOKEN running in the last race in Navan today is it your's or just named after you

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Do suspensions count from cup games
    what I mean is Rice now has at least 3 yellow cards in the Premiership and another 1 last night plus I think another one in a different cup do these count as the totting up,
    also Kevin O Connor is catching up with him, that could mean a major shake up in the midfield might be no harm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Like it or not, McNulty won the ball. The red card was because the studs were showing of which personally I'm on the fence with, but not too annoyed that it was red as you just don't get away with those challenges anymore. Too call it a leg breaker is just ridiculous though. There was an identical challenge in the middle of the field by a Longford player a few minutes earlier that went without a red card. Time after time Stephen Rice got away with kicking, elbowing, shoving and pushing all around him and laughing away the whole way through it. He's a f**king disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Harps are the dirtiest team I've seen in the league in a long time.

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Harps are the dirtiest team I've seen in the league in a long time.
    and their manager is a psychopath!! if he cant control himself how can he control his team?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    and their manager is a psychopath!! if he cant control himself how can he control his team?
    We're top of the league ,6 points clear he's controlling them not to badly!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    We're top of the league ,6 points clear he's controlling them not to badly!
    Seven point clear Joey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Can we just have Tony and Ollie scrap in the the shed on Monday since both are banned from the sideline and decide it that way, be more entertaining than the game

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast