Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gaa 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    This Dublin GAA thing is getting out of hand - starting to become non-competitive. Money now rules the roost.
    its a bit early to say that. dublins current dominance isn't any different to Kerrys of the mid 70's, 80's and 2000's. was kerrys about money or the quality of their squad each time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Sticking this here rather than start a new thread with it: Kilkenny GF minors beaten 17-20 to 0-00 at the weekend, chairman apologises: http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0418/782600-kilkenny/
    That was a disgrace. And it must be part of their masterplan to kill any iota of interest in football in the county. The GAA need to step in and stress that there are two codes!

When Cavan pulled their senior hurling team a few years back it wasn't to end it but to start again with proper structures. Likewise, look at Kerry hurling. No one is expecting KK to become world beaters but my god, that scoreline is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    This Dublin GAA thing is getting out of hand - starting to become non-competitive. Money now rules the roost.
    Can we win a 5 in a row first?

Money has always been sloshing around Dublin GAA we're just using it well now.

If other counties are struggling to replicate our (recent) success why not ask for help with structures. Rather than going it alone. I mean spunking all your cash on PUC is noble and all but Cork GAA isn't really a monument of "how it should be done".

Kerry on the other hand have lorded it over the rest of the country with "their way" and handy all Ireland's for years. Where were the calls for them in the 2000s when they were getting to AIF after AIF. Let them take their pasting and back to the long-grass in the hills. I for one won't miss their whinging and negativity.

Even in the papers this morning all the coverage is about the doom and gloom in Kerry and not of what we are doing right. It would be nice if some credit came our way. Rather than the shortcomings of our vanquished opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    its a bit early to say that. dublins current dominance isn't any different to Kerrys of the mid 70's, 80's and 2000's. was kerrys about money or the quality of their squad each time?
    Kerry are not short of money and never have been. They are just at the end of a cycle. That's all.

The longer they continue with Gooch, Donaghy and their ilk the longer that this downturn will go on for. And as I say, no loss.

Listening to the Kingdomers around me yesterday was like the old days where everything that went against them was some sort of conspiracy etc. I had hoped that given how last year's AIF had gone and the attitude post-match about town about how the better team won and that Kerry were poor that a certain acceptance of this Dublin team actually being "great" that something similar might have pervaded. But not to be. Even when Cluxton was making his speech they complained.

Dublin, Tyrone, Mayo---Cork, Kerry, Donegal, Roscommon--- The rest

If Cork don't get the yips like they did last year then I can see them winning Munster.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    Maybe a little early but the only meaningful matches Dublin have lost over the last 4 years are 2 All Ireland Semi Finals. Those eras for Kerry were lot different in that they only had 2 or 3 games per year to win. Kerry are obviously the second best team in the country and well beaten again yesterday. It looks to me that this Dublin machine is becoming overwhelming, and it only the uniqueness of our knockout system keeping the championship interesting.
    Dubs have 3 of the last 5 all Irelands. Only 3 Championship defeats in last 6 years were 1 pt loss to Cost in 2010, 3 pt loss to Mayo in 2012 and that massive shock defeat to Donegal in 2014.
    The Last 4 leagues in a row.
    1 defeat in the Leinster Championship in what - 11 years?

U-21 have 3 all Irelands in the last 6 years – 6 of the last 8 Leinster’s as well.

Hard to blame them they obviously have got their act together – but the GAA is supposedly an amateur organisation. It’s not a level playing field now with County teams allowed to spend what they want on backroom staff etc. Surely there should be a cap on such things. Anyway just an observation – it will be interesting to view the media narrative as they bombard their way through Leinster in the coming months.

And how long until the hurlers follow suit?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    I mean spunking all our cash on PUC
    Fixed your typo there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456