Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fixtures

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    I don't think Russell is the problem and I'd say he's as frustrated as anybody else with the obvious limitations of the team*.

When is the transfer window and will we even have a penny to spend?

Without serious reinforcement, we are simply relegation certs.

*Apart from continuing to play Russell junior.
    Last edited by osarusan; 24/05/2015 at 10:55 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    No issue with the manager at all, in fact he is probably our best hope of an escape.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Transfer window is in July. Depending on results in June that could be way too late. Need to win at least 2 of our opening 3 games in the Markets Field in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Prince and Ali supposedly arriving this week. Heard that before but would be a nice start to reinforcements if true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    With the move to the markets field the pitch should suit prince a bit better. Ali coming in will put pressure on O'Donnell (should be straight into the team).

It's the first time the club have said publicly that prince and Ali were on the way I think so that's a good sign.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Good and necessary news if so, as the margins in the games suggest we aren't beyond repair but kids who might be good enough with some time, mixed with kids and players who don't look like their future is at this level is a bad concoction as the table is demonstrating. After the expense of, Thomond, and the squad assembled for that season, the training ground, the MF move, it surely makes sense to do whats necessary squad wise to maintain Premier Div status this year while the youngsters come through, for those making these decisions.

I think we do have the right manager also, I wouldn't change it, if you are going to get money manager, he will want to spend his way out of this, which doesn't look like happening. If we can add some experience in key areas, and take pressure off the youngsters, it would be great, but agreed, that July seems a way off and the table could be looking beyond repair by then, big few weeks ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post

It's the first time the club have said publicly that prince and Ali were on the way I think so that's a good sign.
    Did the club say this recently!
    Do they have to wait until the transfer window to play or are they already registered?
    Wasn't there another guy due as well Bariou or something!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    Did the club say this recently!
    Do they have to wait until the transfer window to play or are they already registered?
    Wasn't there another guy due as well Bariou or something!
    Well somebody said the club said it on the radio that they were arriving. I could be mistaken there though.

Abdel Bouriama isn't happening.

I'd imagine since they weren't signed with anyone in the last window (January) that they are free to sign at anytime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Well somebody said the club said it on the radio that they were arriving. I could be mistaken there though.

Abdel Bouriama isn't happening.

I'd imagine since they weren't signed with anyone in the last window (January) that they are free to sign at anytime.
    Cool thanks,
    When are they supposed to be arriving?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Another awful result to add to the glorious 2015 season. If they can't up their game against Bray, the club doesn't belong in the PD. Defeat at opening of MF will be death knell I feel: few are going to shell out desperately needed money to see this squad lose and scrape draws.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Out of both cups at 1st attempt dreadful , you could say it will leave them to concentrate on the league but that fight will soon be over hard to see where a win is coming from . If you can't score goals your going nowhere fast you could see in pre season that was going to be a problem we look so lightweight going forward we huff and puff but just don't look a threat whatsoever and that is down to players just not being good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Our defense has gone to muck again. Whithead for two and a mix of paudie and williams for the third. Bray are poor and i expected some players to up their games tonight as they would be playing a team at their level. But no mr anonymous went missing again and russell was lightweight and terrible again. Tbf red had a good first half but should really have scored early on in the second. Cups and league....P 16 W 0 D 5 L 11.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Unless they sign a few decent players in the window they are back in the first div.its been clear from the start that the team isnt up to the standard and results dont lie.every week theres an excuse about results but im afraid there isnt any sign of an improvement.too be honest the buck stops with the manager and i like martin russell.he has limited resources but if were any other club the boss would be gone long ago.the seasons record so far is shocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Do people really think that a new manager with the same resources would do better? Who would even take the job with the club in the state that it's in? Aim higher if you want to blame an individual for what's happened this season.

15. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If Martin Russell walked away in the morning I would not blame him has to be very fustrating watching players week in week out who just are not good enough for that level and he can do nothing about it with the resources that he has , people complain about him playing Sean Russell who else is there to replace him ??? Hes surely a better option than rainsford ,Tony whitehead I see got blamed for 2 goals last night he's not a full back he's a centre half but again who else have we to replace him nobody get 1 or 2 more injuries and were ****ed altogether

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I would actually consider it more likely that Russell would walk than be sacked. Pulling this kind of shift with UCD is one thing, but Limerick should be providing him with more. If things were better. I won't believe he took the job with the expectation of this season situation.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I know martin russell is working with a limited budget but he has made some poor signings for example connor o donnell,aidan price is past it,vinny faherty isnt fit,sean russell isnt any good.dean clarke isnt bad but he isnt a top class striker.sean harding is one of his better signings.we then have the rubbish thats left like darragh rainsford,ian turner,etc.pat o sullivan has to take some blame but the buck stops with the manager and he just hasnt got the results.the table doesnt lie and limerick are by far the worst team in the league at present.if it was another club i'm afraid martin russell would be a goner as its a results business.you can put out all the excuses you like but its the manager who always takes the axe if results havent gone the right way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The reason he has been left with making those signings is because he didn't have the money to sign better. He proved last season that with decent money he could make good signings. He spent better in 4 months than Taylor did in a year and a half.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    I am not buying this lack of squad quality,depth etc in terms of Russells performance,the squads at Galway,Bray,Drogs,and a few more are no better or worse than what he has at his disposal.a new voice needed,different style and shape with what is available,no one is saying Russell is not working hard to turn it around but he did sign this squad and its not happening folks...ref Gael 16 games.....NO WIN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Williams
    Tracy
    Duggan
    O'Connor (the disinterested midfield one)
    Hughes
    Clarke

There's the list of players who are up to it (and some of them are a stretch)

There's a much longer list of players in our squad who are absolutely nowhere near the required standard.

Pathetic again last night. Shane Duggan is doing the work of four or five men but when you defend like we defend and carry who we carry you're always going to be ****ing against the wind.

As for Russell he was sold the ugliest pup in Irish football, there's no way he left a cushy number as Buckleys heir at Pats to take over a club in a worse state in every way than Ucd who he left to go to Pats in the first place.

As for our dearly beloved chairman I'd love to know who if anyone has been in his ear since last December. Terrible decision after terrible decision at all levels of the club.

The funny thing about it is when you look at the crowds and the levels of interest its costing just as much out of his pocket to keep this farce on the road as it was in any of the previous years.

Cutbacks my arse. Has made a good fist of ripping the guts out of the club to cater for corporates and families who don't exist alright but I'm struggling to see the dividends.

Still a black hole. Just not a fun one anymore.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast