Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fixtures

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Wondering what kind of crowd will turn out for Drogs. Has the club been promoting it enough locally? You'd be hoping for 1000+ right?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Well this week there should be a major build up to try get a sell out. The club need it badly. Last thing we need is for them to hope it sells itself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Disappointing result in front of a big crowd tonight. There really is a gulf in class between us and even the poorer teams in the league.

Hopefully we'll keep some of the first timers or band-wagon crowd who were there tonight.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Was there a confirmed attendance ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    I think it was 2,308

On the match if Limerick couldn't win tonight of all nights they'll never win a game.
    Make it worse drogheda were just as poor two very poor teams shocking shocking stuff.
    The Limerick Oscar traynor had better wingers and strikers than Limerick very sad to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    There was no count taken so that figure was just plucked from someones arse. Over 3 thousand and a few hundred turned away. Russell should be sacked. There ive said it. Not for continuing to play his useless son but for the way his team came out tonight. Totally dead for the first 15 mins, couldn't get out of our half killed the positive atmosphere. Playing three midfielders in his back four. No central defender. O'donnell, whithead, o'hanlon, rainsford, anonymous, flaherty, tina and of course sean russell should all be released. Not good enough. The ground....not impressed. More thee half fenced off.
    I am offering free of charge to do the PA on match nights. Some bad hangers on came with us from thomond but jp dillon is just terrible.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I will say, listening along on the radio, I too was very underwhelmed by the showing in the early stages. Seemed like the occasion got to the team. Came out swinging in the second, but let themselves get sucker-punched.

The other thing was how, with the exception of the penalty shout, how little Limerick had in the last ten or so minutes.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Was at the game last night and as usual Limerick didnt offer any real threat up front.red o hanlon is absolutely useless,darragh rainsford isnt up to it either or sean russell.i have said it previously that it is time for russell to go.i know he hasnt had much to play with but its his team now and they play the same way all the time.just not good enough and looking like relegation favourites at the minute.pitch looked brilliant,the ground still needs a lot of work though.stand is like a wind tunnel,was bloody freezing in it,needs to be sealed off at the ends.very badly organised for entering and exiting the ground,parking also a problem.with the crowd at it last night i would think that they will get a thousand or so back for the next game.a lot of people just turned up to be there on the night and i dont think will be seen back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    First off credit where it's due to Pat O'Sullivan. He reached out to the lads which given all that had gone on was quite big of him.

Im not going to comment on the "stadium"

Was pleasantly suprised with the turnout. They wont be back.

Why wont they be back?? Because its an absolute shame that someone somewhere sat down at the start of the year and thought that team was acceptable to bring back to the Markets Field.

Drogheda are absolute dog**** and never looked overly bothered

I feel really sorry for some of those players. Others not so much.....

Again I have to give credit where credits due our goal was one of the best goals I've seen this season (And it was from PLAY!!!)

But.....

P 17 W 0 D 5 L 12

Is that the legacy Pat wants to leave when he sails off into the sunset at the end of the season??

Because, regardless of what any of us think of his behaviour or his foibles, on balance he doesn't deserve that.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Very poor again last night. The first goal was schoolboy stuff - simple free kick and no one marking in the box. Shane Duggan, Shane Tracy and Dean Clarke are the only three worth a place on any LOI team. Williams gets caught two or three times every game, Rainsford and Hanlon are middle of the road junior players. Sean Russell is not a footballer and apart from the goal O'Conor did sweet f.a as usual. Let's face it the only outlet we have for anything in midfield is Duggan and he cant do it all by himself. Hughes is an honest but limited player. Sorry to say it but the first division beckons!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    I was delighted with the ground,its not ..our..home but it will be home and will always be there.plenty improvements could be made hopefully a few of these will happen.pitch in fine condition and great to see the shed lads back.now the game itself has to go down as a personnel disaster for manager Russell,at times it looked like this bunch of players were on planet mars,Tracy defensively terrible,Williams is bluffing it ,Hughes headless,O Donnel..well is O Donnel.Duggan brilliant,a few of the younger players look as if they lack good coaching ,we were not positive when we needed to be and after we levelled we were all over the place and paid the price with Drogs 2nd.tbf to Drogs ,though not much better than us,they at least had some shape about them.great crowd as was to be expected.oh ya ....we LOST.......again.
    Last edited by da bishop; 06/06/2015 at 6:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    We lost but were definitely the better team but f#ck do we need players. Drogheda had 2 chances and both went in off the post, they were do so so lucky to win especially with that 2nd/3rd penalty incident in injury time. We're not far off that bunch of bad teams at the bottom. Hughes played his worse game for us and that was typical of the team bar duggan. ODonnell cost us again I'm afraid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    clueless, inept, unable to influence the game. clearly disliked by his team. yes sean Russell was fuppin terrible. went onto the field with 10 players....maybe 9 and deservedly took the lead. second half the makeshift defence crumbled. price for the second hughes for the third. if we're going down at least play players who will try. duggan was excellent, anonymous played well.. it doesn't matter how many players arrive if he keeps playing, hughes out of position, tina, rainsFord....and his son....we will get relegated.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    What team would you gave played from those available last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    What team would you gave played from those available last night?
    O Donnell

Costelloe
    Price
    Williams
    Tracy

Hughes
    Duggan
    O Conor

Turner
    Clarke
    Mann

Fairly clear he is playing Jason Hughes out of position to accommodate his son there is no other reason for it. I think Russell is getting off with a bit tbh yes he has very limited resources to work with but he is most definitely making those limited resources worse by playing people out of position and insisting on sticking with people who have not only had no positive effect on the team but have actually had a negative effect on performances including his son.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post

Fairly clear he is playing Jason Hughes out of position to accommodate his son there is no other reason for it.
    I think that he is playing Hughes there because Harding is out.

But the issue will be that when Harding comes back (whenever that is) Hughes will be dropped instead of playing in midfield - he wasn't really starting until Harding got injured in Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I would agree with osarusan, Hughes is a far better footballer to play in the role behind the strikers. He scored several goals from that position last year and he certainly puts in a better shift. russel is lost out there. Nepotism AT ITS WORST.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I think you have to play Hughes at RB until Harding is available. Isn't Costelloe a left back as well as Tracey?
    Ideally i would have Hughes playing in front of the midfield (don't like him in the midfield). He seems best when he is only thinking of attacking the goal. I think that's where Athlone played him too. He could play up top off Faherty or Clarke.
    I'm not as hard on Russell as some here, he has scored or made many of our few goals and tends to be involved in the few creative things we do. There are a couple I would rotate out ahead of him.
    I wish we had the luxury of putting Tracey into the middle 3. If the back 4 wasn't so makeshift we could do it with Costelloe at LB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Of what we have
    O'donnell, costelloe, price, williams, tracy
    Hughes, duggan
    o'conor
    Tina, clarke, mann

Russell should be sacked if he keeps playing his son.
    What we need
    Another
    Another another another williams
    Prince
    Duggan o'conor tracy
    Clarke another

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Costelloe can play right or left and is a much better right back than Jason Hughes or Tony Whitehead who have played there since Harding has been injured. What bothers me is some of these players are absolutely crap and on top of it are putting in little or no effort both our wingers spring to mind for an ex right back Turner doesn't help back nearly enough and for a lad who the only reason anyone has ever given for him being in the team is effort Rainsford seems happy to stand and watch as the game goes on around him. Russell can be tidy on the ball at times but doesn't want to know about it when there is a challenge involved.

Sean Russell taking a free kick in perfect position for Shane Tracy and basically chipping it over the bar against Pats quite annoying too and you could see it bother lads on the pitch aswell.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast