Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fixtures

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You were spot on cork did struggle to play football but my god so did we worst game of football I have seen in a longtime , I was tearing my hair out watching darragh rainsford how Martin Russell could sit there and watch it for 70 odd minutes I don't know as I have said before I can't fault him for effort but he plays with no conviction and has no end product just not good enough for that level. Meant to be a Munster Derby it was one of the tamest derbies I have ever witnessed and worst thing of all there was more away fans there than home fans in a crowd of only 600 great stuff from the sporting capital of Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    You were spot on cork did struggle to play football but my god so did we worst game of football I have seen in a longtime , I was tearing my hair out watching darragh rainsford how Martin Russell could sit there and watch it for 70 odd minutes I don't know as I have said before I can't fault him for effort but he plays with no conviction and has no end product just not good enough for that level. Meant to be a Munster Derby it was one of the tamest derbies I have ever witnessed and worst thing of all there was more away fans there than home fans in a crowd of only 600 great stuff from the sporting capital of Ireland
    Awful awful game.
    1 0 to Cork. No one near Shephard in the box, it's schoolboy stuff at times looking at us defending.
    You could bring a bunch of under 12s in and tell them to do the exact opposite to what our defence do at times.
    O'Donnell looks like the most confident keeper in the world when he's coming to claim a cross and then at some point in his run to it, loses all confidence. Flaps at it or pushes it back in to a crowd and its panic stations for everyone.

Rainsford at least gives effort. It's clear he is one of a number of players who aren't up to the required level. To be honest, Cork didn't even have to get out of second gear for this.

The worst thing about this is, when we do to to the Markets Field, and playing on a better surface that allows other teams to play ball too, we'll get stuffed by the better teams. We struggle to cope in Jackman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    We didn't look particularly bad i thought. Only 1-0 to the second placed team is hardly a disgrace. Frustrating because Cork did not look a whole lot better. Got nothing because the keeper didn't claim a handy cross. Table looking quiet scary tonight following the Bray and Sligo results, well and truly adrift now. On the positive side, second series of games, we have lost both openers again but by 2-1 & 0-1 instead of 0-3 & 5-0. So at least we are getting more competitive. We drew our 3rd game 2-2 in the first series....maybe a win next week then?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    From what I've seen this season, if we had the same team now that we finished last season with we would easily be challenging the top 3. Pity really. Standard is shocking.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    We were shocking. Two long range shots was all we could manage.

Bray beat Pats tonight, and Sligo won also. We're 5 points adrift, and at the rate we're going, it will take us another 13 games to even get those 5 points.

Without a serious overhaul of the team, we will be relegated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    If zero quality comes in during the break It'll be the club telling the fans that they re accepting relegation. Which will mean that they have accepted relegation from the start of the season such is the lack of qulity in the squad. We'll see in a few weeks

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    we did not deserve anything out of the game,poor as Cork were they were comfortable throughout we rarely threatened,did well for a spell after halftime but not a serious goalthreat.weak in so many areas and truth be told some players taking the p-ss.Williams hung young Paudie out to dry tonight,barely challenged for a ball and ran a mile from o Sullivan in case he got hurt,tbf young Paudie stood up to it.why is the manager playing Flaharty the guy is contributing nothing ,get a local lad in there,a few others are just not doing it trying hard or not,brutal crowd and the chairman making a show of himself....again,,and what about the silly announcer... limerick fans wait a few minutes to let our Cork brothers out first five minutes to go thus emptying the ground .positives...let me see Duggan,young P,Hughes goal block,Tracy in parts,Dolan fitting into his seat[it was him i think].....the pipe band.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    we did not deserve anything out of the game,poor as Cork were they were comfortable throughout we rarely threatened,did well for a spell after halftime but not a serious goalthreat.weak in so many areas and truth be told some players taking the p-ss.Williams hung young Paudie out to dry tonight,barely challenged for a ball and ran a mile from o Sullivan in case he got hurt,tbf young Paudie stood up to it.why is the manager playing Flaharty the guy is contributing nothing ,get a local lad in there,a few others are just not doing it trying hard or not,brutal crowd and the chairman making a show of himself....again,,and what about the silly announcer... limerick fans wait a few minutes to let our Cork brothers out first five minutes to go thus emptying the ground .positives...let me see Duggan,young P,Hughes goal block,Tracy in parts,Dolan fitting into his seat[it was him i think].....the pipe band.

What did he do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Are they actively trying to fold the club??

Could the Limerick fans stay back to let the Cork fans out first!! Clearout with five minutes to go. Another hundred people sent home annoyed. More contempt for the fans.

Conor O'Donnell started dummying backpasses tonight which made a refreshing change from lashing them off opposition strikers.

We're a farce of a circus of a club at the moment. No wonder no one cares.
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 17/05/2015 at 9:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I actually ignored the announcement because I presumed it was for the cork fans. When i got around to the other side of the ground then I was wondering why all the Limerick and Cork fans were leaving at the same time. It wasn't till I saw the picture on Twitter last night that I realised they actually had kept the Limerick fans back. I did find it strange that one side of the ground cleared out when it was only 0-1 and we were on the attack with a chance of snatching something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    In the end, I don't think they even held back any Limerick fans for any real length of time anyway.

When the final whistle went I walked around to the exit and was able to walk out straight away.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    Holy God that sounds embarrassing.

What is POS' plan at the moment? Alright, Market's Field open soon, then what? Is he walking away? Is he going to invest more money and hope for the best? Are the trust plans being relied upon? Like, next season, regardless of what division Limerick are in, is is still pauper-level budget for the squad or will things change?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    ODonnell needs to be dropped hes not LOI standard anyway, surely young Holland couldn't be as bad.
    What's POS at roaring at Turner telling him he's only a Cork rejected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    ODonnell needs to be dropped hes not LOI standard anyway, surely young Holland couldn't be as bad.
    What's POS at roaring at Turner telling him he's only a Cork rejected
    Seriously? That is disgraceful. Even if he is paying his wages, no one has the right to say that to anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I'm sure he was only trying the old 'reverse psychology', sounded disgraceful tho!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I was pretty close to Pat, and he was critical of Turner, although I never heard him yell that Turner was only a Cork reject. Not saying he didn't - I wasn't listening that closely.

It was mostly the usual 'c'mon lads, hit it up the field' stuff he comes out with.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I've heard him say rather nasty stuff to his own players/manager before, and he does seem to have lost the plot a bit lately.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Heard tonight the reason the Limerick fans got held back was that the club were informed during the game that the train to Cork was leaving earlier. It was verified with the train station so they decided to let the cork fans out first to make the train.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Is it just me or have they put up the prices?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Is it just me or have they put up the prices?
    €12 for terrace and €15 for stand. Same last season.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast