Thread: Mathews walks from Bray

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Well we'll have to wait and see but from what I know of him I'd be extremely surprised. The statement is in all of the coaching staff's names too so it's not all that credible that they'd all be leaving themselves open like that.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    There's only one man Bray can turn to now - Roddy Collins, come in. Your time is now.
    Was apparently at the Cork game on Saturday (although he does live there apparently).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    What will happen now ? Bray's liecence revoked ?, all points gained againdt Bray deducted ? all remaining games against Bray walk overs 3 points for everyone ? UCD promoted to take thier place, any odds on Devlin returning to take control, my guess will be nothing will change except an interim manager will be appointed until the end of the season, can't see Roddy doing it unless it's paid up front and Junior at right back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I did notice him purchasing a Dart ticket earlier. Mick Cooke was behind him in the queue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Licence: What's happening currently is not a matter that affects the licence issued in January. Unless the Club withdraws from the League, nothing changes in relation to matches, walkovers, points, promotions etc.
    Payments: Allegations have been made relating to payments to both players and coaching staff. Surely the FAI must now look into that? If they are true, then there must be sanctions in the League participation agreement?

Someone will take charge for the Sligo match on Friday - at the latest, we will discover from the team sheet!

I fully expect some of this stuff will wind up in the Four Gold Mines eventually. So we need to tread a little cautiously: the last management threatened legal proceedings on the basis of less ...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    I did notice him purchasing a Dart ticket earlier. Mick Cooke was behind him in the queue
    Do you not have your car anymore?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Looks like Mathews left before he was sacked. 0 goals & 0 points from 5 league games. Beaten 4-2 by non league team in EA sports cup as well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I do have my car,but if you remember right it was HIS car I was sat in before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray Head View Post
    Looks like Mathews left before he was sacked. 0 goals & 0 points from 5 league games. Beaten 4-2 by non league team in EA sports cup as well.
    Accusing BWFC of non-payment of wages is a pretty serious allegation though, and if untrue, it leaves him wide open to legal action, as others have pointed out. I am pretty seriously worried about the future of our club at this point.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The fact that all the coaches have walked together suggests it was a mess. I doubt they'd all follow Mathews if it was just him that was having issues.
    Afaik, most of Devos staff went with him when that went tits up, so whether many now are steeped in Bray I'm not sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Prediction:

A gross overstatement by Mathews, and himself and his management team were simply covering their own asses before being sacked. A bit silly from them, and they've realised as such so are claiming money owed to them (i.e pay the rest of the contract and claim to the press it's "unpaid wages").

Bray laugh and proceed to tell them to stick their complaint where the sun don't shine (i.e the same place as Darren Quigleys).

Everything goes on all rosy, Bray appoint a manager that isn't completely tactically inept, and this all blows over and Bray, yet again, avoid relegation.

Sounds pretty par for the course in League of Ireland terms really, in my view at least.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

13. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not sure what you're basing that prediction on nigel but he was owed a fair amount from last season not just this season AFAIK. He would have agreed to a repayment schedule presumably. I'm not defending or criticising him as a manager but I know people that know him and it was last summer when I first heard he hadnt been paid for weeks. He also was never anywhere near as vocal when leaving any other job.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    From what I heard the writing was on the wall before the Cork game. He was getting the boot unless they beat Cork... Looks like he has jumped before being pushed!

Regarding non-payment, I heard this is complete bull and he and his staff and players have all been paid up to date this season. The team have been playing very bad, 0 goals, 0 points says it all.

While I love change - I do think they are changing too much too quick and are beginning to lose the run of the place up there! The club needed a change and was crying out for a change for years!

I think they need to hire a Director of Football to sit on the board and to really control the football matters and then hire a manager who actually uses tactics and can motivate a team to come and run things on the pitch! (where do i sign?)

Mick Cooke was there on Saturday and I believe is interested. A few other names have been mentioned included the ex Rovers manager (Croly) and former Bray players stepping in too (Matt Briton - done very well in LSL management)

But then is the door opening again for Mr Devlin to save the day AGAIN!!! Who knows!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    On players wages being owed: he didn't actually say that. He said there were 'delays'. That could mean they're up to date

Likewise he didn't claim to be owed money by Bray. Just that he had worked without pay

I'm guessing he chose the words wisely enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Not sure what you're basing that prediction on nigel but he was owed a fair amount from last season not just this season AFAIK. He would have agreed to a repayment schedule presumably. I'm not defending or criticising him as a manager but I know people that know him and it was last summer when I first heard he hadnt been paid for weeks. He also was never anywhere near as vocal when leaving any other job.
    Mathews' wages probably aren't the issue - he has a good job already. The problem is if his staff and players aren't being paid money they're depending on to get by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    Mick Cooke was there on Saturday and I believe is interested. A few other names have been mentioned included the ex Rovers manager (Croly) and former Bray players stepping in too (Matt Briton - done very well in LSL management)

But then is the door opening again for Mr Devlin to save the day AGAIN!!! Who knows!!!
    Realistically anybody on the DART line is in the frame for the job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Surely we can take the 3 points.
    Maybe even a walkover.
    Is there any possible excuse we can formulate and put out there beforehand?
    Could this be the much sought after 'turning point' of the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Mathews along with two of his staff Josh Moran and Karl (kit man) were on the board of Management of the club. I'm sure the results were a topic at a recent board meeting (think it was Tuesday) so it must have come to a head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray Head View Post
    Mathews along with two of his staff Josh Moran and Karl (kit man) were on the board of Management of the club. I'm sure the results were a topic at a recent board meeting (think it was Tuesday) so it must have come to a head.
    josh wasn't . but the rest is true yes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    There's only one man Bray can turn to now - Roddy Collins, come in. Your time is now.
    Back to Carlisle, then.

Whoever said that all things happen twice - first time as tragedy, second time as farce - was obviously thinking of the League of Ireland.

23. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast