Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LFC Ban 30 People

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Originally posted in the Prem & First Div section, Barry Ryan puts the boot into the club on this matter and on other fronts also.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/...land-goalmouth

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    John O'Sullivan's piece from the42.ie today: http://www.the42.ie/john-osullivan-c...02423-Mar2015/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Only bit of advice i can give to the lads that were banned is ignore that bulls•it statement and slip away in to the ground the next night and get behind the lads like ye always have and I guarantee the heroes behind that statement will have no choice but to turn a blind eye.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd go along with this, who gives a sh#t what the chairman has to say for himself. Its the team that needs support. He could be gone gone in the next season or two, you'd like to think the team will still be there. This wouldn't be a unique situation in world football where there's conflict between the fans and chairmen/owners, most of the time the fans just continue to do what they've always done. Hopefully this matter is resolved soon, but i'd say you could be waiting a long time for an apology from the POS, so hopefully the fans decide to come back and get back behind the team and ignore what he has to say.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Do Limerick have a Supporters Liaison Officer? All clubs meant to have one as far as I know.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    According to the Limerick website Gary Spain is the supporters liaison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ever37 View Post
    I'd go along with this, who gives a sh#t what the chairman has to say for himself. Its the team that needs support. He could be gone gone in the next season or two, you'd like to think the team will still be there. This wouldn't be a unique situation in world football where there's conflict between the fans and chairmen/owners, most of the time the fans just continue to do what they've always done. Hopefully this matter is resolved soon, but i'd say you could be waiting a long time for an apology from the POS, so hopefully the fans decide to come back and get back behind the team and ignore what he has to say.
    Well considering they watched it from over the CIE wall when other lads who weren't banned stayed at home in unity with them it's all getting a bit daft. I do think they've been wronged and the club has acted stupidly but when it's keeping fellas away it'll get to the stage where there'll be no team to support so we can all stay at home

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's the worry, that there'll be no team to support soon enough. Yep its getting ridiculous at this stage, I think our attendance was lower than a few of the 1st division clubs on saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Well considering they watched it from over the CIE wall when other lads who weren't banned stayed at home in unity with them it's all getting a bit daft. I do think they've been wronged and the club has acted stupidly but when it's keeping fellas away it'll get to the stage where there'll be no team to support so we can all stay at home
    There was I think 4 of the lads that were outside the ground up in CIE 5 for a while cos I went up to throw the banner over the wall. We asked people to stay away from CIE but can't control everyone individually. Also we haven't asked anyone to stay away from games they volunteered to in support we have told the club we are willing to meet and sort it so if they continue to refuse to and people continue to stay away then it is entirely their doing.

Just for people saying we should just continue to do what we have done too we are banned from games so unless we force our way into the ground that can't happen.

Edit: Just to be clear I know there was way more than 4 people at CIE only 4-5 were from the group banned was about another 10 there that had stayed out of Jackman in support and the usual 8-9 that are there every week.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 24/03/2015 at 11:14 AM.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    There was I think 4 of the lads that were outside the ground up in CIE 5 for a while cos I went up to throw the banner over the wall. We asked people to stay away from CIE but can't control everyone individually. Also we haven't asked anyone to stay away from games they volunteered to in support we have told the club we are willing to meet and sort it so if they continue to refuse to and people continue to stay away then it is entirely their doing.

Just for people saying we should just continue to do what we have done too we are banned from games so unless we force our way into the ground that can't happen.

Edit: Just to be clear I know there was way more than 4 people at CIE only 4-5 were from the group banned was about another 10 there that had stayed out of Jackman in support and the usual 8-9 that are there every week.
    Don't get me wrong I agree with the stance that has been taken(what happened to ye was disgraceful) and something needs to be done by the club asap but it doesn't look great when even a few of the lads are looking over the wall when others have decided to not attend in support of that group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Don't get me wrong I agree with the stance that has been taken(what happened to ye was disgraceful) and something needs to be done by the club asap but it doesn't look great when even a few of the lads are looking over the wall when others have decided to not attend in support of that group.
    I agree 100% with ya on that and I said it to them at the time. I myself stupidly posted a picture of the pitch up on Twitter trying to be funny and have to say I regretted it straight away. Definitely something we need to have a chat about and try and get sorted. Unfair of me to even point out I left tbh I shouldn't have went near the place at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12