Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford (H) 21/03/15

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Longford (H) 21/03/15

So, I think we're all in agreement that it's been a pretty sh*tty start.
    Between fans being banned for questioning the chairman, an absolute tonking at the hands of Cork and Bohs, our captain being suspended and a defence that seems more than happy to not mark players in the box, there have been very few postives.

I don't like that this Longford game is already branded a relegation "6 pointer" and it's only 3 games in to the season. Yet here we are. I saw their last game against Rovers and they actually held their own for large parts of it. Even created a few chances of their own. I hate to say it, but I'd be happy to take a point from this just so we can get off the foot of the table.

Our season will inevitably be defined by the games agaisnt Longford, Bohs, Bray Galway and (possibly) Drogs, so we need to get something on the board.

Sorry if anyone thinks I'm being negative, but the only positive I can see is that we signed Jason Hughes.

Anyone want to try be a bit more positive? or make a prediction?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    0-2. 400 people. No hope.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Think we will score. The shame of a 5-0 will surely tighten it up a bit in defence so we have a chance. We will improve.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Was at the game last night.only 480 at the game and 50 or so would have been longford fans.game was very poor,reminded me of a first division game.some of the goals were good but no atmosphere whatsoever.pitch is terrible.terrible to see the banned lads outside the gate.its crazy banning these lads.the club should get them back and move on.stupid carry on.limerick need to be beating teams like longford at home to have any chance.i cant see them surviving on the performances so far.some of the team try very hard like harding,paudie o'connor to mention a few but theres a half the team not good enough i am afraid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    After that I'd be a bit more confident for the season ahead, disappointed with just a draw, looked lively and created lots of chances could have had 1 or 2 more, Longford goals both mistakes by us. ODonnell in goals very suspect, at one stage late on he dropped his hands and got out of the way of a cross nearly costing us a third. Any news on Ali Abas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    It was the best I've seen you lads play this season by far, and the work rate was admirable, you can see Russell is getting into their heads to try and play decent fast moving football in attack, I'd still not have any optimism of you lads staying up thou, Longford were way below par, and created most of our own problems. Missed a one on one and two free headers, if any of them went in it would have been a very different game. Conor Powell doing everything in his power to **** up was also a hindrance. Tony Cousins legendary tactical management is still holding us back a good bit.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 22/03/2015 at 2:05 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Its a welcome point for both teams,but asking players to pass the ball on what was again a deplorable surface is a no-no.two fine goals for Russell ,centre half O conner and Clarke,who was brilliant,the pick of what was at times a poor bunch.O donnell a major worry in ALL aspects of goalkeeping and some of the defending schoolboy stuff.managers decision to change formation at halftime strange as Longford dominated second half and will feel on clear chances they left win behind them.ironic as well that Cousins pulling of Cowan probably saved us a point as Williams was in dire need of oxygen trying to cope with him.missed the lads in the shed ,sort it out.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    I was disappointed that we didnt get to sympthasise with the Limerick lads. How did the lads manage to watch the game with such a high wall I assume they must have long ladders.. is that Bus Eireann property where they were?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Its a welcome point for both teams,but asking players to pass the ball on what was again a deplorable surface is a no-no.two fine goals for Russell ,centre half O conner and Clarke,who was brilliant,the pick of what was at times a poor bunch.O donnell a major worry in ALL aspects of goalkeeping and some of the defending schoolboy stuff.managers decision to change formation at halftime strange as Longford dominated second half and will feel on clear chances they left win behind them.ironic as well that Cousins pulling of Cowan probably saved us a point as Williams was in dire need of oxygen trying to cope with him.missed the lads in the shed ,sort it out.
    Cowans touch is awful and bar the one magic cross he put in last night he's usually dire with his end product but like you said Williams was on a yellow card and knackered and we took Cowan off? Same last week against Rovers, Cowan came on and roasted Luke Byrne for 10 minutes or so but then we decided to start attacking down the other side and Cowan totally faded out of the game, these are the things the coaching staff should be seeing during a game, very frustrating.

Overall, I wasn't impressed with either side, second half we finally decided to get it down as best we could on that pitch and play mostly thanks to Kevin O'connor and while we had 3 major chances to win it, Linerick did turn our slow back 4 a few times and only for off the radar passing you never know what would have happened.

Limerick deserve credit for trying to play on that pitch and as said above you can see Russell's influence in that regard but we totally dropped off for the 2 goals and made it easy for you. Overall a dreadful game and it would be interesting to see the outcome on a good CCS pitch.

I was slated during the off-season for pin pointing O'Donnell as a major liability in your team but last night he showed his ability to produce major f*ck ups. Expect hel cost Ye a fair few points this season.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I was disappointed that we didnt get to sympthasise with the Limerick lads. How did the lads manage to watch the game with such a high wall I assume they must have long ladders.. is that Bus Eireann property where they were?
    Yeah, it's the station. Not all that hard to get up on the wall at certain points. Lot of the BE lads wouldn't care either.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

12. Thanks From: