Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI Series 2 fixtures - 13th/14th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Derry and the PSNI have an understanding that the latter can vacate their responsibility to policing around the ground in case it upsets the locals. Clearly it's working out very well.

Sorry to be a bore, too, but anytime Rovers buses get attacked up there people say we deserve it. Sad to see the same treatment dished out to other teams.
    Happened at least 4/5 times with Pats buses too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CityRebel View Post
    I've never had any problems in Derry, great city, great people.
    Aye sure the Peoples republic and free Derry should unite.

Ive never had any problems in Derry either, love the city and their fans are among the the friendliest there is but ive not been on supporters buses leaving after the match! Doesnt take away from the ridiculous arrangement that the PSNI steer clear of the Branywell, Is it the Bogside as a whole? I though these no go areas are a thing of the past. CD is spot on in saying that if Rovers fans had been stoned theyed have been scoffed at. Yet there is a persistant problem with little scumbags, unattached to Derry City that go out to emulate a bygone era in the North. With McGuinness on the policing bord or whatever why the hell are there still no police at Derry home games. At this stage I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt a convenient cost saving with the excuse of, we cant ask for policing as too many people would be ****ed off...

http://talkofthetown.ie/2015/03/14/y...oned-in-derry/

A concern is now for the visit of Derry to Oriel as it takes little to get our own little dirtbags riled up for what they will claim is retribution. They too will unlikely to be in Oriel for the game but hanging around in wait.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/03/2015 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Are you a striker?
    Ha, give you that one Charlie, god knows we need one.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The provision of adequate policing should be a licensing condition.

It is unacceptable that away fans are unprotected once they leave the stadium.

Derry's stewards were very helpful. I drove to the game last night with my young sons. I told a steward where I was parked and he opened a side gate and let us out. He pointed out where the 50-60 hooligans were waiting to ambush the buses and advised us of a safe route back to the car.

The violence was planned and predictable. Sporting events should be policed. Policing is part of a civilised society.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the wee scumbags. Something has to be done about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Ruairi Keating is head an shoulders above every striker in the division too and a mystery how he was let back to Harps but, we are most certainly not complaining.
    Because at the moment he's not good enough for regular Premier Division football, not convinced he ever will be either. Donelon on the other hand shouldn't have been loaned out as we lack cover in that area, did he play? How'd he do?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Wasn't on last night no.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Because at the moment he's not good enough for regular Premier Division football, not convinced he ever will be either. Donelon on the other hand shouldn't have been loaned out as we lack cover in that area, did he play? How'd he do?
    Reckon Keating has all the makings of a top striker really in my opinion.

Donelon played against Shels and looked very decent. Think he's a bit light yet, but in time could prove a quality player.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Shams were 2-0 winners in CCS tonight. They completely tore us apart in first half although we did have 2 good chances and a penalty not given. Second half we played a lot better when we played 2 up front. I think Tony needs to cut out this one up front as it is not working for us. Was really impressed with Shams, they were a good bit better than the Dundalk team we played last week. But if Dundalk are still in touch by mid season and get a striker in it'll be another exciting finish to the league again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Would agree from what I saw from Longford last week, that when you had a go upfront you looked such a better side.

Heard Rovers played very well ok in the first half, so that's a fair comparison between the two, overall we were just ok v Longford. Early days for all clubs still. Well it's possibly already going to be a long season for Limerick, but I don't think it changes things much, they knew they were in for a very challenging year before a ball was kicked.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    just a quick mention for the pitch in the Brandywell on Friday evening.

Bloody fuqwing awful!
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    I know it's early doors but if we don't pick up at least 4 points in our next two games (Lims away and Bray at home) I'd be getting worried!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Doesnt take away from the ridiculous arrangement that the PSNI steer clear of the Branywell, Is it the Bogside as a whole? I though these no go areas are a thing of the past.
    Contrary to what's being said here, there is no arrangement the PSNI steer clear of the Brandy.
    The don't police in the ground, that's it.
    The Brandywell and Bogside are not 'no go' areas. The idea that Derry City FC can tell the cops where they can and can't go is ridiculous.
    I honestly don't know what the solution is to those scumbags. Ideally, the cops should be about, but I wonder whether they'd be arsed to come out.
    I don't think it's particularly helpful either that the Dundalk fans were kept behind, singles they out as targets.
    It's all getting out of hand though. Started with Linfield, then Shams, now anybody, it seems. Probably not long before they start targeting buses from Celtic Park too.

On the match, though we were fairly poor now. Didn't create enough up front. Wasn't impressed with Dundalk either, though the goal was well taken. Neither keeper really had much to do.

Regarding the pitch, it's actually in a better condition than I thought it would be. Started off rubbish last season too, but markedly improved by April.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    I know it's early doors but if we don't pick up at least 4 points in our next two games (Lims away and Bray at home) I'd be getting worried!!
    From what I witnessed in Limerick, we've 3 guaranteed anyway. I'd be optimistic enough of getting all 6, but we'll have to see what magic tactic Tony will pull out of his hat.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    From what I witnessed in Limerick, we've 3 guaranteed anyway. I'd be optimistic enough of getting all 6, but we'll have to see what magic tactic Tony will pull out of his hat.
    I'm wondering whether or not to back Longford -1 next week, you should pick up the points. Limerick look like the worst LOI Premier Division Team I've ever seen.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Agree with the observation on TC abandoning his one up front. I really hope Don Cowan starts next week as we have really missed him. he was easily man of the match for us. Lorcan Shannon was also a loss for us along with Ben Mohamed. Any reason on why they didnt play?Deady was extremely poor for us. sooner Pat Sullivan comes back the better.

Very disappointed with the start we have made and also our lack of support for the first top flight game in eight long years. TC better get his ass in gear for next two games otherwise I will be worried.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Wouldn't have expected anything other than two losses from the first two games in fairness given the opposition. I thought we were a bit negative in both first halves but I can understand the thinking. We're making a significant step up this year so like it or not we're going to lose a good few games. The target is to finish ahead of two other teams and anything better than that will be a bonus.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,357 Posts
    Ruairi Keatings first for Harps on Friday night. May as well put it up here seeing as we've no first division highlights elsewhere.

Note the running commentary from the suspended Ollie Horgan, watching from the gantry.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,357 Posts
    Second goal was slightly better worked. This also shows how awful Cabinteely are. Still shaking my head as to what the goalkeeper was at.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Very disappointed with the start we have made and also our lack of support for the first top flight game in eight long years. TC better get his ass in gear for next two games otherwise I will be worried.
    Very harsh assessment Marty. We couldn't have asked for a tougher start with the fixtures we were dealt. While I don't think we deserved anything from either game, we also could have easily got something from both of them. Don't forget we had a very strong penalty appeal turned down at 1-0 last night that could/should have resulted in Rovers going down to 10 men. Unfortunately it didn't go our way but we created a few chances last night and in Dundalk that on another night could have got us a point or two.

The 3 games next week v Limerick, Bray & Galway is where we need to be picking up points. Anything against the likes of Dundalk and Rovers would have been a bonus.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast