Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Promotion Activities

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I remember feck all Bohs Rovers games specifically but I do recall the 6-4 one in Santry so I think that is fair enough. The other dig is a bit petty, but it's pretty much as bad to even rise to it.
    I remember the 2-1 in tallaght when twigg scored twice and know a few who remember the fai cup game in 2006.
    I wasn't really referencing it to highlight what was said more because it's stuff like that in programmes that I enjoyed, the bit of banter between clubs and stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Couldn't imagine it in the man utd programme in response to liverpool mischif. ...not corporate

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I am all for abit of back and forth, it was the fact the Rovers programme went into it in depth while saying they were going to rise above it that I found properly #GreatestLeagueInTheWorld
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I know but isn't it part of what makes us all feel so close to our clubs....it's like two lads rowing in the pub �� #greatestleagueintheworld

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Just listened to the Newstalk podcast, they read out the editorial from the Rovers programme and holy feck it was quite something. Starts at about 30 minute mark https://soundcloud.com/user-67260695...gramme-battles

Very, very funny indeed.
    Just listened to it. That is some sad sad stuff.

I can understand a few people feeling that way, but for the editorial to actually go through whatever of stages approval there are and finally get printed, is actually pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Stages of approval ?? #greatestleagueintheworld

LOIweekly on soundcloud this week is interesting with Dan McDonnel , Stephen Mcphail and the new Limerick Manager Neil McDonald,
    McDonnel has a lash at the FAI over the Utd friendly possibly clashing with a European game for Dundalk, cork rovers or Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    doh ..derry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    With it being the editorial, there probably were no stages of approval. Wouldn't see it as a big deal, just quite funny. Possibly they were even taking the mick a bit.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Also- Holy Crap McPhail is boring.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    That's harsh Mr A.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Cracker of a promo video for Harps v Shamrock Rovers.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Cracker of a promo video for Harps v Shamrock Rovers.
    Is there a part of Donegal as far from the sea as Ballybofey is ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Is there a part of Donegal as far from the sea as Ballybofey is ?
    Lifford, probably.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I've started seeing ads for Bohs at bus stops on the northside over the last week or so. There's one on the Navan road and another in Stoneybatter, among many others i'm sure.

Nice branding imo.

*editing because embedding the image failed

15. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I've started seeing ads for Bohs at bus stops on the northside over the last week or so. There's one on the Navan road and another in Stoneybatter, among many others i'm sure.

Nice branding imo.

So Jonathan Gabay was right after all...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post

Nice branding imo.

This is good to see - though being a marketing anorak, I'd have loads of questions around that poster. For a start it doesn't include Boh's branding as far as I can see (couldn't open the image much larger than shown). Also - does it even make clear who or what Bohemians are - i.e. that it's about football ? You can't assume people know anything with stuff like this - particularly re LOI football with its low public profile.

Also - what's the image of the woman 'screaming' Bohs all about ? What does it say about the club or football ?

So good to see this happening, but it seems to have missed a number of basic things you'd expect to see on there - so a bit of a missed opportunity in fairness. I guess people will just be happy to see something done a bit right re club promotions, rather than nothing at all. But the league can aspire to better than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    It ties in well with the Hipster vibe Bohs have developed in recent years in fairness.

Incidentally we were planning as far back as February to do flyers with our fixtures on them and distribute to all tourist spots like hotels, attractions etc.. but the idea was blocked by uncertainty over when some of the matches would happen. Think we're finally past that but so much of the season (both ours and tourist) is already passed. It's a basic thing but very frustrating.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    This is good to see - though being a marketing anorak, I'd have loads of questions around that poster. For a start it doesn't include Boh's branding as far as I can see (couldn't open the image much larger than shown). Also - does it even make clear who or what Bohemians are - i.e. that it's about football ? You can't assume people know anything with stuff like this - particularly re LOI football with its low public profile.

Also - what's the image of the woman 'screaming' Bohs all about ? What does it say about the club or football ?

So good to see this happening, but it seems to have missed a number of basic things you'd expect to see on there - so a bit of a missed opportunity in fairness. I guess people will just be happy to see something done a bit right re club promotions, rather than nothing at all. But the league can aspire to better than that.
    I found a bigger image of it on google.

I like it, but admittedly i'm no marketing guru.

It doesn't contain the official club crest or the name "Bohemian fc", but it says "Bohs" and the colour scheme is right, so that's on-brand i suppose. The "the people's club" motto seems pretty cool to me too. It fits in with the club being fan owned, rooted in it's community, inclusive (see the flags and murals around Dalyer welcoming minorities) and maybe will appeal to people who want to be part of a real cause, supporting a real community club, as opposed to some corporate monster floating on the stock exchange. I think i've also seen that motto on hoardings at Dalyer - not sure if it's a new motto or one that they're trying to revive. It also lists the remaining fixtures for the rest of the season so i'd assume that anyone who has even a passing interest in Irish sport would quickly figure out that it's promoting Bohemian football club - they're one of our most famous clubs after all. So maybe that's the target audience, lapsed fans or people on the northside who have an interest in sport but who've never given the LOI a shot.

It's a bit on the obscure side i suppose, but maybe that's the intention - to get people thinking. Isn't that the main aim of advertising after all, to get inside the head of the consumer irrespective of how you do it.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Incidentally we were planning as far back as February to do flyers with our fixtures on them and distribute to all tourist spots like hotels, attractions etc.. but the idea was blocked by uncertainty over when some of the matches would happen. Think we're finally past that but so much of the season (both ours and tourist) is already passed. It's a basic thing but very frustrating.
    I've been asking Derry to do these leaflets for years. Needless to say, it hasn't been tried.

Regarding fixture changes, a note to ask people to check the website for confirmed dates would suffice. Football fans are generally aware that fixtures get moved about for various reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I know yeah, but when we were looking there were 3 games that would be potentially moved and 2 almost certainly and we felt that was too high. Especially when one of the games was our most attractive. We should have proceeded in retrospect, but we didn't expect the Derry fixture to take so long to be finalised. Lessons were learned.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast