Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Republic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    The excuse of "he called the young fella" is all well and good and makes for nice - nothing to see here PR, but I'd like for once our clubs and association to show really amazing class and do something that the barstoolers would tumble into their carpeted pub floors in shock with.
    I really don' think many barstoolers actually saw it and therefore probably none would be tumbling onto the floor.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Nothing worse than someone making an apology but then a caveat put in - in this case Kenny coming out and claiming the kick was careless and also trying to dilute the seriousness of it by saying Towell is the most kicked player in the league.

It's clear when you look at it a few times that most reasonably minded people would see it as being at best reckless or most likely deliberate.

I'd of given Kenny more credit and am surprised at his choice of word- would of being better IMO had he said nothing, but hopefully the apology was genuinly meant but it's hard not to be cynical about the motive behind it once the phrase 'careless kick' was used.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    I really don' think many barstoolers actually saw it and therefore probably none would be tumbling onto the floor.
    I would hope that if the apology were scheduled for 1/2 of RTE's ManU borefest, enough LOI heads could infiltrate pubs with baseball bats and do the job, I mean, it'd be like a normal evening in Limerick! :-)
    http://www.championat.com/bets/artic...r-week-16.html

Giving the Russians a weekly taste of our glorious LOI!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Still nothing from Oriel, the usual FAI modus operandi of "ah sure, it's grand, they'll forget about it soon" really seems to be the way to go. I have to get hold of their PR people and recommend them to the Russian Government! The Yanks who are currently running the show in the Kremlin are obviously not up to the task!
    Really crappy thing to do but ref didn't see it or misinterpreted it so Towell will not be properly punished. End of. whatever the moral argument the fact remains that refs miss things every game and get them wrong so often and you can only hope it balances itself out.
    Silly and illogical to expect any club to ban a player not banned by FAI/league. shades of Tierry Henri thinking by some on here.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Can't believe people expect Dundalk to just throw out the Towell.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Really crappy thing to do but ref didn't see it or misinterpreted it so Towell will not be properly punished. End of. whatever the moral argument the fact remains that refs miss things every game and get them wrong so often and you can only hope it balances itself out.
    Silly and illogical to expect any club to ban a player not banned by FAI/league. shades of Tierry Henri thinking by some on here.
    The ref missed it, like the dive by Tiernan McCann against Monaghan. Ref missed it but the GAA took it on and banned him, it'll be overturned, but it made a statement. If Richie hits a winner against Galway on Friday, how does it look then? Henry was a cheat and remains a cheat and a crap pundit. The French Federation were cowards and showed their colours, the same as they did against Germany in WWII. I wouldn't compare a petulant kick from a Dundalk player to the scumbaggery of the French. Honour goes out the window when money or glory is at stake.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I suppose it has been a while since weecountyman hogged this forum with his moral pontification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Ha ha.

Spud what do you want or expect Kenny to do? It may sound strange but any manager worth his salt will defend his player's. Dundalk are a team and a tight, team at that and they all stick together in the public domain anyway. Who is to say that Kenny didn't give Richie a dressing down post match or on Tuesday morning.

The way some are going on I don't think they will be happy until there is a supreme court trial.
    Long Live King Kenny

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I suppose it has been a while since weecountyman hogged this forum with his moral pontification
    I wish that were funny, but it isn't. Jamesie is long gone off this forum. Happy to see you need to reduce others views to pontification. Thanks.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Ha ha.

Spud what do you want or expect Kenny to do? It may sound strange but any manager worth his salt will defend his player's. Dundalk are a team and a tight, team at that and they all stick together in the public domain anyway. Who is to say that Kenny didn't give Richie a dressing down post match or on Tuesday morning.

The way some are going on I don't think they will be happy until there is a supreme court trial.
    Now it doesn't matter, the time has passed. I hoped for something different for a change, but knew it wouldn't happen. Nice to dream though.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Turns out the bogball lad has had his ban overturned anyway.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Stephen Kenny would for certain.
    What I really meant was that nobody outside LOI would bother calling them on it, and they wouldn't care what anybody inside LOI did.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Turns out the bogball lad has had his ban overturned anyway.
    The man who was calling for his ban then gave the Tyrone CB the legal reasons for overturning the ban. Joe Brolly is some lad! He did call it, though, 2 years ago when Tyrone cheated past Monaghan. He was widely ridiculed for it and Tyrone got a free pass. Seems they will this year too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Stephen Kenny chooses to have a pop at Soccer Republic and the "over the top" criticism of Richie Towell.

"[Richie] knows his error and he acknowledges that. In the three years here I haven’t seen him commit a bad tackle. Nobody goes through their lives without making a mistake. I think the vitriol that has been aimed at him through social media and other forms has been over the top.

People have some sort of petty jealousy and they were waiting on an opportunity to have a go at him. The coverage should be more consistent. A minute before the Towell incident, Chris Shields was knocked over by a forceful elbow. Chris Shields is one of the toughest players in the league and wouldn’t stay down easy. John Mountney left the field with his ear pouring with blood and had to be treated for 3-4 minutes. Soccer Republic didn’t show either of those incidents so they need to show some balance.

It is incredibly unprofessional for coaches from other rival clubs to use Twitter and other forms of social media to openly criticise our players and staff. It seems to be some sort of desperation to be relevant. They are nothing more than self-publicists. They’d be better off concentrating on their own affairs.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-hails-consistency/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    3 years and Towell has never committed a foul. Cork need to sign him up. He's perfect for them
    Here on a technicality.

20. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    This is all getting a bit ridiculous.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    This is all getting a bit ridiculous.
    Wait until you see the "Richie Is Innocent" t-shirts.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    #justice4richie

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    There's zero chance that "Innocent" is spelled correctly
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

28. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Stephen Kenny chooses to have a pop at Soccer Republic and the "over the top" criticism of Richie Towell.

"[Richie] knows his error and he acknowledges that. In the three years here I haven’t seen him commit a bad tackle. Nobody goes through their lives without making a mistake. I think the vitriol that has been aimed at him through social media and other forms has been over the top.

People have some sort of petty jealousy and they were waiting on an opportunity to have a go at him. The coverage should be more consistent. A minute before the Towell incident, Chris Shields was knocked over by a forceful elbow. Chris Shields is one of the toughest players in the league and wouldn’t stay down easy. John Mountney left the field with his ear pouring with blood and had to be treated for 3-4 minutes. Soccer Republic didn’t show either of those incidents so they need to show some balance.

It is incredibly unprofessional for coaches from other rival clubs to use Twitter and other forms of social media to openly criticise our players and staff. It seems to be some sort of desperation to be relevant. They are nothing more than self-publicists. They’d be better off concentrating on their own affairs.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-hails-consistency/
    "The former Derry City gaffer...." ffs! This is pure tabloid writing from Darren!

Not surprised, not disappointed with the whataboutery dross from the manager. Feel dumb for expecting better.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast