Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Sports Cup 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    FAI running the show and they have capped capacity at 4,400 as far as I know. Also a rumour floating around that they won't allow people stand behind the car-park end goal. Sounds like a ludicrous rumour - but I refer you to the first four words in my post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    FAI running the show and they have capped capacity at 4,400 as far as I know. Also a rumour floating around that they won't allow people stand behind the car-park end goal. Sounds like a ludicrous rumour - but I refer you to the first four words in my post.
    Thought it was to be run by Galway themselves with the FAI in charge I'll have to leave the Menlo a hour before KO to allow for the body cavity search by the FAI henchmen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Don't pretend you're not looking forward to that part of the day - hoping it'll be the sole highlight for you!!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    There will be more gardaí and security at this game than have ever been seen in Galway before. There will be very little left of the gate money after the FAI take their expenses if previous finals are anything to go on.

6. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Thought it was to be run by Galway themselves with the FAI in charge I'll have to leave the Menlo a hour before KO to allow for the body cavity search by the FAI henchmen.
    FAI ran it last year in Dundalk. They brought in their own stewards, who decided not to let Rovers fans into the stand that had been specifically built at great expense for the purpose of housing them. As El-Pietro says, any money the clubs might have made from the gates was eaten up by that ridiculous white elephant.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    FAI ran it last year in Dundalk. They brought in their own stewards, who decided not to let Rovers fans into the stand that had been specifically built at great expense for the purpose of housing them. As El-Pietro says, any money the clubs might have made from the gates was eaten up by that ridiculous white elephant.
    Cant remember that?

There was Rovers fans in the temp stand (not too many though)

Must say last years final was no diff to any league game in the home end, cans freely brought into the ground and not a thing said to anyone drinking

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Cant remember that?

There was Rovers fans in the temp stand (not too many though)

Must say last years final was no diff to any league game in the home end, cans freely brought into the ground and not a thing said to anyone drinking
    There were a couple of people allowed in during the first half and a few more at half time. The rest of us were told it wasn't open (not that I was going in anyway).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    The main purpose of the extra stand for last year's League Cup final was to increase capacity of the existing away end so Dundalk could keep the main stand, shed and the rest of the ground. If it wasn't put it we'd presumably have had to give Rovers the main stand or the shed, either of which would have been less than half full- so we'd have had at least 1,000 - 1,500 less home fans, with not enough away fans to make up the shortfall. So it was immaterial whether the extra stand was used or not, it just increased the overall capacity. The increased capacity paid for the hire of stand. And yes, the FAI goons saw fit to turn many Rovers ticket holders away from an empty stand!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Gufc fans reversing the trend "marching to the Dail""

There has to be thousands of Galway flags lying around after the last 3 weeks and also some big flags thrown in the back of wardrobes that could be dusted down and brought to EDP tomorrow night. Imagine the boost Paul Sinnott and the lads would get walking out the Tunnell to a stadium festooned in maroon.

Show your pride tomorrow in Your City Your County Your club wear anything maroon whatever the code whether your going to the game or not and bring your hats flags and scarves with you up the dyke road.

There is s group of fans marching from the Dail Bar after the rugby is over who will let all of Galway know their pride in their local team.

https://vimeo.com/139673473

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Hopefully there will be a decent turnout & a good game today.It will be a tight game I'd expect Galway to start the brighter but if we can hang on early I'd give us a chance. No extra time please had my fill in this competition this year.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Looks like a good crowd will be at it. As mentioned, security is likely to be OTT for a crowd of around 4k, how much does this carry on dis-courages people going?
    Collected my ticket at Terryland last evening and have to say the pitch/place looks well. Now for a decent game and the cup staying in the west.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Anyone got a link to watch this on a phone?
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fester View Post
    Cheers Fester,working perfect.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Decent game, good atmosphere, and Terryland looking great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,353 Posts
    Did Pats not go first in that shootout?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Gutted at the end to lose but very proud of my club tonight. First half was awful stuff but second half was fantastic. If only Enda could have finished that chance. Best atmosphere I've experienced in Terryland, not sure how it came across on TV.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Agree very poor first half, maybe Galway lads bit nervous, but game improved lot after that. Pats better team, they have better players of course, but some performance from Galway and could have won it. Both side had chances. Great atmosphere at Terryland, fair play to both sets of fans. Connor Winn had good game and other Connor made great save frmo Curran's free kick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    To win a trophy in a season is great and got the monkey off the back for Dundalk last season and we kicked on in the league. Would have been massive for Galway after a barren spell without silverware. For St Pats though it must feel a bit bitter sweet or anticlimax like after a disappointing league season where they would have hoped to have been title challengers and and may miss out on Europe. Still a trophy is a trophy, I want to bag the LSC on top of hopefully League and Cup, im greedy individual!So well done to Pats and unlucky Galway, penalty shoot-outs are always a lottery - so near yet so far. Hopefully this final in EDP will raise the local interest in Galway United and boost home crowds as its certainly a ground that many clubs would love to have so some onfield success would really kick the club on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Enjoyed the game. Ground looked in great knick and with a classic league of ireland ending with none of the Pats players realising they'd won the shoot out.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast