Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick FC v Bohemians Markets Field March 7th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thumbs up Limerick FC v Bohemians Markets Field March 7th

So lads despite all the negativity surrounding the club in recent weeks one major positive is that after over 30 years since Limerick FC last graced the famous Markets Field we are set to return there in little over 4 weeks time. Judging by updates from the Markets Field facebook page work seems to be progressing at an impressive pace and things would appear to be well on schedule. Despite not having as strong a squad as many would have wished i would still think March 7th will be a hugely emotional and historic night for the club and its fans. I would expect ticket sales to be good and the buildup to begin in earnest in the next couple of weeks. Bring it on ....

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I passed MF this morning and had a look from outside, still looks like a lot to be done In 4 weeks, it'll be close

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Somebody mentioned that one of the builders said not a hope it will be ready in 4 weeks but Pat said yesterday it would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I passed MF this morning and had a look from outside, still looks like a lot to be done In 4 weeks, it'll be close
    Depends on what your looking for.Its a shell uo there now at the moment.Whats been done to Popular side.Whats been done to upgrade stand?Anything been done behind both goals?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Depends on what your looking for.Its a shell uo there now at the moment.Whats been done to Popular side.Whats been done to upgrade stand?Anything been done behind both goals?
    What I saw from the gate anyway was a big stand without seats but surely the seats could be installed in 1 week, the rest (bar the pitch) is basically a mud bath with big mounds of earth and debris, I could be wrong but the popular side doesn't look prepared for anything because of all the site traffic and I reckon it would take about 2 weeks to have this graveled and rolled and then put in the steel then concrete!!!
    The problem is they might have to wait for all the trucks and heavy machinery to finish first before this can be even started.
    Last edited by blueblood; 05/02/2015 at 6:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    If Pat Sullivan went on radio during the week saying it will be ready and the club started looking for tenders for catering on match days as late as Thursday I am sure they have received cast iron assurances that the ground will be ready on time. The pr disaster would be unthinkable at this stage if the build does not come in on time. The next couple of weeks should prove very exciting on site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    If Pat Sullivan went on radio during the week saying it will be ready and the club started looking for tenders for catering on match days as late as Thursday I am sure they have received cast iron assurances that the ground will be ready
    Have you been following Limerick Fc long? Assurances and promises mean nothing, no matter where they come from. I really hope I'm wrong tho and I'm just hopeful we're playing there in 4 weeks and I'd settle for a draw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I think we will be playing in there but it could be at a reduced size. Maybe just the stand and North terrace and the away section open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I think we will be playing in there but it could be at a reduced size. Maybe just the stand and North terrace and the away section open.
    Which will still be fairly embarrassing. I mean honestly how has it gotten to the stage where we may have to play in it not anywhere near finished they have owned the thing for years at this stage. I keep hearing planning permission and the tender process but surely these things could all have been started a lot earlier. I actually dread to think what the management of the ground will be like in the future with the way the LEDP have started with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    10868182_442427482581260_5895148546929071724_n.jpg

Going by this is was never going to be ready for the season too it was on the Blue Army page on facebook. Started Jan 7th with an 18 week build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Which will still be fairly embarrassing. I mean honestly how has it gotten to the stage where we may have to play in it not anywhere near finished they have owned the thing for years at this stage. I keep hearing planning permission and the tender process but surely these things could all have been started a lot earlier. I actually dread to think what the management of the ground will be like in the future with the way the LEDP have started with it.
    Limerick dont own anything.They are tennants up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faceoff View Post
    Limerick dont own anything.They are tennants up there.

Which is why I never mentioned Limerick only the LEDP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Picking up from the other thread, as it stands what kind of a starting team would you like to see or expect to see against Bohs?

.........................O'Donnell.............. .........

........Whitehead........Oji........Williams...... ..........

Turner......O'Connor.....Duggan.....Prince....Murp hy

.....................Mann...........Clarke........ ................

Ali Abass
    Paudie O'Connor
    Gavin Dillion
    Val Feeney
    Sean Russell
    Darragh Rainsford

Have heard of a few more players that have been around recently but no idea if they are signing or regularly training.

That's presuming Oji and Prince will be here. It's not the worst starting 11 I've seen and I'm taking it that Russell will go for a 3-5-2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Picking up from the other thread, as it stands what kind of a starting team would you like to see or expect to see against Bohs?

.........................O'Donnell.............. .........

........Whitehead........Oji........Williams...... ..........

Turner......O'Connor.....Duggan.....Prince....Murp hy

.....................Mann...........Clarke........ ................

Ali Abass
    Paudie O'Connor
    Gavin Dillion
    Val Feeney
    Sean Russell
    Darragh Rainsford

Have heard of a few more players that have been around recently but no idea if they are signing or regularly training.

That's presuming Oji and Prince will be here. It's not the worst starting 11 I've seen and I'm taking it that Russell will go for a 3-5-2.
    Russell for Prince, Rainsford up top, Mann on the right, Turner on left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just under a week to the big KO and things are beginning to look a bit more positive with Jackman Park secured and the team recording a morale boosting munster senior cup win today over a strong Cork City outfit. Admittedly next week will be another step up in tempo and standard but i was pleasently surprised by how the young lads acquitted themselves today. I also got the sense today that the likes of Williams and Duggan are revelling in their roles as the experienced pros in the side and could prosper with the added responsibilities. Young O'Connor looked solid at the back and our new keeper could prove a revelation. Dean Clarke is a real poacher and has netted in all his games so far. Also confirmed today that Prince will be back. It would be massive to get three points against Bohs.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It will be a hard season but if the team play with the spirit that they showed yesterday against Cork yesterday,we should survive.paudie o connor is a solid young centre half but will he play every game?its when we pick up injuries and suspensions that will tell.hopefully we can get a good result next week against bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Team against Cork will probably be the team against Bohs:

O Donnell
    Harding
    O'Connor
    Williams
    Costelloe
    Mann
    Duggan
    O'Conor
    Turner
    Rainsford
    Clarke

Probably the best of what we have at the minute tbh but I would rather switch Mann to the left and put Turner back on the right on the left we are taking away Turners biggest strength which I think is his delivery of a ball. At one stage yesterday him and Clarke broke 2 on 1 with a Cork player and he just could't get it across with his left. Id be happy with a point from this one and hopefully we get in another 2 or 3 signing soon then. Just glad to have the football back after all the troubles of the off season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    Also confirmed today that Prince will be back.
    Confirmed by who? Would be great to see him back for another season, wasn't there a keeper and another African also?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Does anyone know if the 14 or so players we have signed is the final squad or do we have some other players that can play against Bohs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd be hoping we still bring in another centre half at the very least and if possible another striker.

I'm all for giving the young lads a chance but we are a few injuries away from disaster.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast