Thread: Limerick FC v Bohemians Markets Field March 7th

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    What happened there?
    Going by their Facebook page, and I can only say what they've said, Pat approached them in the pub beforehand and told them they weren't allowed into the stand, even though they had tickets for it. He is supposed to have sworn at them aswell. There are a few of those lads on here who can fill in the full details on it, but it was a pretty big shock when they have been crying out for support the whole off season to then treat some of the more loyal lads like that

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Which page is that ? Have searched FB, but not seeing anything on the OS or IS pages.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    What happened there?
    The chairman arrived up to the pub and told them they couldn't go into the stand and it didn't matter if they had already bought stand tickets. Disgraceful out of a club that is begging for support. They do that to the only lads that consistently give them money.

Poor performance but always knew it was going to be a tough start. First goal was sloppy, second was a defensive error and third was the keepers fault, gifted a handy free kick into the corner.

I'd still have some patience though. Anyone that thought we'd be a very good side was delusional. We will try hard and if we tighten up at the back we can be competitive but it is still going to be a tough season ahead. One or two simply not good enough based on previous seasons. A few more deserve a chance to settle.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Poor stuff indeed , as I taught after Munster cup game last week scoring goals is going to be a massive problem taught dean Clarke worked hard but we need a presence up front somebody to hold up the ball saying that there was not much created behind him either , I hate picking out individual performances but darragh rains ford is just not upto that level of football it shows our strength in depth the fact he was left on for 80 odd minutes as always he try's but no end product expected more from Ross Mann as well , gave away 3 poor goals worst start possible one thing they didn't need it was very hard to recover from that I fear for the cork game next Friday that's for sure

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Very poor result for the first game of the season.couldnt make it tonight due to work but i listened to it on 95fm.it must have been terrible to watch as the radio commentary said Limerick were awfull.after the game last week against Cork it seemed promising but it was a false dawn.Barry Ryan was commentating with Mike aherne and he has tipped them for relegation.worst start possible for the club.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't think the pitch done the game any favours either very bobbly indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The hardest thing to take is from looking at tonight Bohs won't be too far off the bottom either and we were a good bit off them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    First things first the pitch in jackman is a disgrace,felt sorry for both teams having to endure that.result was fair enough,Bohs were all the things we were not..well organised,very hardworking,well motivated and very FiT.ON THE OTHER HAND ..and allowing for a couple of poorly defended goals ,..we lacked organisation,looked beaten after 15mins,and were not as sharp or FiT as our opponents.we do not have the players to play from the back and the softly softly approach from several of our lads tonight wont do,and will cost us.felt sorry for Duggan and Clarke who tried their best all through,certainly don,t think Bohs will finish in the top half so while its early doors yet the first 6 games will determine whether to reset alarm or not.on Rainsford tonight would have to say that he was out of his depth at times but a few older more experienced heads looked that way too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    They mentioned on the radio that Sean harding didnt look at the races/unfit.i never rated Darragh Rainsford for loi football.he has been given a good few chances and still hasnt proven himself?keeper was given a poor rating by the radio commentators.very dissappointing start to the season but we will have to wait and see if things improve.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I don't think fitness was an issue tonight. I think our biggest problem this year is going to be that we're missing that bit of nastiness in the team, guys who are used to winning ugly or battling. That bit of personality is the difference between us conceding 3 goals tonight and it finishing 0 0.
    Give me Barry Ryan and Shane Tracy any day over what we have.
    Only way forward now is to be patient and let them come through it.
    Last edited by kingpin4; 07/03/2015 at 10:17 PM.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Sounds fair bad alright, but I suppose we have to be honest and admit this was always on the cards. Think keeping the team from imploding on a morale standpoint alone is going to be a big job for Russell, you can bet they'll be a few more bad results in the weeks ahead.

I'm not sure what to make of that stuff involving the chairman and that supporters group. I've been out of the loop really for a while now, what's his problem with them again? Is it still that OSC/USC stuff? Regardless, telling people they aren't entitled to seats they've paid for, right now, after POS has had his credibility shot over the Market's Field, seems completely crazy to me.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    No idea where it came from to be honest. I take it the chairman/club had friends and or family coming to the game and they didn't want them hearing some of the more colourful language let's say. I'm sorry but those lads up in the corner are one of the only reason a team has kept going. The hardcore support of the team is very small as it is and alienating a few for some people that might show up once or twice a season is a joke. When the going gets tough, and it will based on tonight, it will be those lads in the corner and a few more regulars that keep the money coming in. If the club aren't careful they can kiss another three to four hundred euro a game the lads bring in good bye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Spade a spade lads, Pat O'Sullivans money was lovely and enjoyable but as a man he has time and again proved himself an absolute ignoramus.

Now that the lovely enjoyable money has dried up I wouldnt be too inclined toput up with a lot of the ****e that dribbles out of his mouth.

If those youngfellas were as bad as he made out tis out the window of the imperial he would have left not out the door. Can you imagine Jonathan Roche approaching Shamrock Rovers fans with the same attitude.

Less class than our starting eleven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Just on the thing with Pat there has been no problems at all between Pat and the group he was chatting away to some of us at the MSC game.

We were in the imperial before the game and he came in told us all to be quiet so we did then he told us he was there to tell us where we were going in the ground to which a few of us said we were going to the stand. He said we weren't allowed into the stand and told us where we were to go. Asked why we couldn't go into the stand and were told "Cos I said so" I myself then said that is absolutely ridiculous Pat we may as well not go to the game at all if we can't go to the stand to which he replied " I couldn't give a f**k if ye go or not" I then said Pat some of us have season tickets for the stand to which he replied "I don't give a f**k what ye have". I then said to him that this was a stupid move considering they had been asking for support all off season and that he risked losing our support now and was told "I don't need ye, f**k ye". Few started getting fed up then and said we were going into the stand regardless and he said he would have us removed by the guards if we did.

Came out of absolutely nowhere and honest to god he was being spoken to with the utmost respect at the start I won't lie at the end it got a bit heated and a few choice words went back his way but that was after everything he said above.

Ended up walking into the stand in a large group then so it would be harder to stop us was only young lads on stewarding they seemed a bit nervous and let us in. Pat came up ten stood at the front of the stand pointing up waving and laughing at the group there.

Actually annoyed with myself that I went to the game at all after it should have stayed away after that treatment.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 08/03/2015 at 2:17 AM.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The club need to come out an explain themselves. They have no right to treat fans like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    That's so bizarre. He gave no reason for why he wanted you in a different part of the ground at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Just on the thing with Pat there has been no problems at all between Pat and the group he was chatting away to some of us at the MSC game.

We were in the imperial before the game and he came in told us all to be quiet so we did then he told us he was there to tell us where we were going in the ground to which a few of us said we were going to the stand. He said we weren't allowed into the stand and told us where we were to go. Asked why we couldn't go into the stand and were told "Cos I said so" I myself then said that is absolutely ridiculous Pat we may as well not go to the game at all if we can't go to the stand to which he replied " I couldn't give a f**k if ye go or not" I then said Pat some of us have season tickets for the stand to which he replied "I don't give a f**k what ye have". I then said to him that this was a stupid move considering they had been asking for support all off season and that he risked losing our support now and was told "I don't need ye, f**k ye". Few started getting fed up then and said we were going into the stand regardless and he said he would have us removed by the guards if we did.

Came out of absolutely nowhere and honest to god he was being spoken to with the utmost respect at the start I won't lie at the end it got a bit heated and a few choice words went back his way but that was after everything he said above.

Ended up walking into the stand in a large group then so it would be harder to stop us was only young lads on stewarding they seemed a bit nervous and let us in. Pat came up ten stood at the front of the stand pointing up waving and laughing at the group there.

Actually annoyed with myself that I went to the game at all after it should have stayed away after that treatment.
    Give him back yere season books and get yere money back.Ive been saying it for years the man is clueless.how dare he speak to fans like that.He cant stop anybody going into the stand in Jackman Park.Who the hell does he think he is.Didnt do himself any favours this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    That's so bizarre. He gave no reason for why he wanted you in a different part of the ground at all?
    All we were told is "Cos I said so" one of the other lads has since been told this morning that Pat told people down at the ground that only families were to go in the stand but not once did he say this to us . What makes it worse is where he wanted to put us was the opposite side of the clubhouse the closest we could possibly have been to the away fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I hate to say, but sounds like he's losing the plot to be honest. Result on the field not exactly covering his tenure in glory either.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I just can't see the sense in it at all like even the responses he gave to people that were talking to him with the utmost respect I had to force myself not to say what I really wanted to. Still fuming about it all today tbh.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast