Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Limerick FC v Bohemians Markets Field March 7th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Could be a tougher season off the field than on it if the Chairman doesn't cop himself on. The uncovered away stand doesn't help the atmosphere either. A fairly energetic group of travelling fans were singing quite a bit but were lost in the wind.

On the field, it's just a limited team. Obviously in need of more organisation with a few in need of some playing time, but the saddest part is that the team just looks limited - unlike in previous years with a strong squad under-performing for the first half of the season. Some sparks of quality, though. With some luck we might get results against the teams closer to our side of the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The group of lads have now decided we wont be going to any home games until we receive an apology.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    The group of lads have now decided we wont be going to any home games until we receive an apology.
    Ye are dead right in fairness. That's going to be a decent hit in their pockets. Id be demanding my season ticket money back if any of ye have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Ye are dead right in fairness. That's going to be a decent hit in their pockets. Id be demanding my season ticket money back if any of ye have them.
    Dunno how that would work out after going in yesterday though.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Dunno how that would work out after going in yesterday though.
    If you're being told you can't go into the stand, even if you did, you're not being given what you paid for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I went to game last evening and was shocked at the abuse and language coming out of the back of the stand. There were a few families with very young kids and it was disgraceful.. Can't imagine those families will be in any rush back. Thought the team tried very hard but look very limited.. Impressed with Clarke and thought Dugan was head and shoulders above everybody on the pitch.. Bohs not much better than limk.. Best of luck to limk for the season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The only thing I'll say on the language side of things is its not great to hear vulgar language at a match but the reality is every game has people cursing and swearing. That's from schoolboy and junior soccer right up to loi, from AIL rugby up to provincial and international rugby and the GAA fans are some of the worst out there. It's not nice but it's something people have to put up with at live sporting events the world over.

If the club want a family friendly section then they will have to provide it. They were happy to sell the lads season tickets, €200 for the season I believe, for the stand as they were the more expensive tickets but then want to tell them they can't go in there. There would be the same problem in the Markets Field also as it is a bigger stand and from what I heard would actually echo the sound around as much if not more than the stand in Jackman.

I also didn't see anyone from the club refusing the lads fivers last week either out in Askeaton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    There is always swearing at games won't deny that for a second but there was way more of it lastnight than usual and the majority of it was aimed at O'Sullivan tbh.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    most proper clubs have two or three stand with one being solely dedicated to families, cork for example. theres always going to be swearing an mouthing, its football simple as

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I've been in crowds watching a lot of different sports all over the place, and there was always bad language being shouted. It's worst at GAA games, but the most complaints I've ever heard about it is, weirdly enough, while watching Limerick FC. Maybe in a crowd that's usually small enough (relative to inter-county GAA I mean) it becomes more bothersome to people? Regardless, your kids are going to encounter bad language, in life and at sporting occasions. I understand it might annoy people, but asking for that to change is asking the impossible.

If there was more of it last night, alight, but from what I've read there was a certain provocation (which is crazy really). If POS wants a family area, he can provide for one. Which he won't, of course, but his apparent solution of taking seats of people who have already paid for them is a terrible idea.

If you're not going to games, you guys should try and publicise the fact.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    If you're being told you can't go into the stand, even if you did, you're not being given what you paid for.
    That's quite right, but you can easily imagine the club weaselling out of it, claiming bad behaviour on the part of the ticket-holder, etc.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    That's quite right, but you can easily imagine the club weaselling out of it, claiming bad behaviour on the part of the ticket-holder, etc.
    Well I doubt anybody actually wants to give back their ticket at this stage, but it wouldn't hurt if a few people politely reminded the club of its responsibilities. If somebody really did want their money back, I'm sure the club wouldn't want the hassle and expense of losing at the small claims court.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The lads in the back were particularly angry on Saturday and the abuse was definitely above normal. Sounds like there was some provocation from above posts, but the abuse was still totally unnacceptable. Yes we are in a ground that was not our first choice and we have to be in one very small stand. The boys may think they have a right to shout any abuse they like, truth is they do not, but we are generally prepared to put up with some....because its football (thats ridiculous in itself). The lads should remember the kids are in that stand too, on tickets they have also paid for, without the option of moving. I don't think its too much to ask that grown men could tone it down just a little while the small stand is being shared. The football was bad enough Saturday without losing fans for other reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    They weren't asked as grown men to tone it down though were they?? They were condescended to, then f'ed and blinded at, then finally threatened with the guards.

It's funny but you couldn't hear a thing over the far side, I actually commented to one of the lads about how quiet they were.

The chairmans behaviour on Saturday came straight from the Irish Gombeen Handbook. **** down from a height on the people you think you have some power over (the lads in the imperial) then lick the collective arse of the ones you don't (shaking all the bosh fans by the hand at full time )

Apparently the lads in the stand are boycotting until they get an apology. They'll be waiting I'd say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    No way POS will be apologising I'd say. You'd need some media attention on it to be getting any traction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    No way POS will be apologising I'd say. You'd need some media attention on it to be getting any traction.

You'd never know stick a microphone in front of him and he won't be able to resist
    Last edited by harpin; 09/03/2015 at 7:54 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Sorry ltid, didn't mean to suggest POS asked the lads to tone it down. If the above is true about the 'conversation' in the bar is true, that is clearly not on either. Was saying the lads themselves might consider it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I find it staggering that a successful businessman would show such an incredible lack of judgement in his interpersonal dealings. Staggering.

Let's face it - you can kind of understand his position. The type of rubbish that emanates from a certain section of the support is at times over and above the usual level of effing and blinding that you might expect to hear at a sporting event. And with one stand available, to be shared by self-styled "ultras", regular Joe Football Fans and families alike, Pat would definitely be within his rights to approach the first group and ask them nicely - reason with them - to tone it down.

Instead he approached said group aggressively and looked to order them out of a privilege they were already permitted to pay for.

Like I said - I can't believe he'd be that confrontational. When a man of his age starts to behave that irrationally, it's usually not a good sign....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Like I said - I can't believe he'd be that confrontational. When a man of his age starts to behave that irrationally, it's usually not a good sign....
    i don't really think his age has anything to do with it to be honest. As long as I can remember, Pat has had an issue with the lads up there, I think he even had a plan to put them into their own section in Thomond Park at one point too.

To be fair, I've been on the hill on front of Pat in Jackman and his language is not much better than what the lads in the stand were accused of. He seemed happy to play the eccentric owner millionaire part for a few years when no one questioned him, it all seems like it's going to sour on him now.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya as kingpin says, Pat is well able to throw around some expletives from the sidelines. On the hill side of Jackman he is actually the worst and stands out more than anyone else. People in glass houses.

On a few occasions he has complained about the lads and on other occasions he's been inviting them up to the function room to celebrate and asking the lads to make as much noise as possible at the games.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast