Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for a trust?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    A trust isn't going to happen over night, its going to take 12 or 18 months of planning to get set up.
    Which is why I think now is already too late tbh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    Thanks lads for all the advice.i have been in touch with the blue army guys on facebook and they are meant to be getting in touch with john o sullivan for some advice.i wouldnt have a clue where to start.i am just an ordinary supporter who wants to help out the team totally independent from the club.
    John is a FORAS founder member, and he gave us brilliant leadership when he was club chairman and even before that when we were in the wilderness.
    He'll give solid advice, it's up to the lads that care about LFC to take it on board and run with it.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Which is why I think now is already too late tbh.
    If you're going to give up before you even start, then it is.
    If you're prepared to do something about it, it may not be.

Time for LFC fans to step up if the want a trust and if they want a club.
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

4. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You never said a truer word.too many negative vibes in relation to the supporters trust.i for one would give it a go and i could get a few more names.surely we could get a 100 for starters?come on all ye LFC fans get behind the trust idea.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I think its reasonable to wait and see if this contact with John O'Sullivan goes anywhere. Can anyone offer anything more on that reach-out?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have been in touch with john o sullivan and he said that the osc and isc had been briefed.i then contacted the isc guys and they said they hadnt been breifed at all?its like a monty python picture/the peoples front of judea etc.its all very hush hush?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I've heard that there is a conflict between a club started trust idea and an independent one. Happening just as club starts banning fans.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I havent anything to do with the clubs trust.anybody who wants to sign up for an independent supporters trust is more than welcome.this is a completely new trust outside of supporters clubs or the club itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I have been in touch with john o sullivan and he said that the osc and isc had been briefed.i then contacted the isc guys and they said they hadnt been breifed at all?its like a monty python picture/the peoples front of judea etc.its all very hush hush?
    There was a meeting between some of the lads involved in setting up the trust, an OSC representative and an ISC representative on Friday 6th March. The ISC rep gave feedback in that meeting, so they have been contacted.

There is no "club trust", it simply doesn't exist. None of the 8/9 people that I've met involved in looking to set the trust up are on the club board and they've made it clear to the club that they will be independent. That they've contacted the club does not make them a "club trust". They're just LFC fans who took the bull by the horns and got together. There's people from terrace, stand etc., etc., involved.

There's no cloak & dagger, it just takes time to put this stuff together, I'm sure once a stage has been reached where the lads feel they're at a point where they have something to communicate they will. Let's not knock it with cynicism and mistrust before they've even got going.

Setting up multiple trusts is pointless, it'll only cause unnecessary confusion and division. Get involved in the existing trust and help drive it's direction rather than multiple groups. That's the real Monty Python "People's front of Judea" nonsense.

As for "is it too late to set up a trust?". It is never the wrong time, it is never too late for supporters to get together and form a trust.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    OK, well, I guess those are positive developments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The impetus for the trust absolutely came from within the club an advisory board member was tasked with it and fair play to him he took it. Don't be dancin on the head of a pin with "no board members are involved" style arguments, you might only breed cynicism and mistrust among people who know whats going on.

For my own part Id have no problem working with them once its independent. And thats not a slight on anyone within the club its just the way things have to be for it to work.

They need to seriously get the arses in gear though tis worse things are going to be getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    There was a meeting between some of the lads involved in setting up the trust, an OSC representative and an ISC representative on Friday 6th March. The ISC rep gave feedback in that meeting, so they have been contacted.
    The ISC are awaiting a call since the 6th so a full representation can be addressed and consulted

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd be similar to LTID. There has to be independence from the club itself. Pretty much the whole reason an Independent Supporters Club was even set up in the first place last year is because people felt there needed to be some freedom away from the club. The trust needs to be similar.

With people trying to set up trusts left right and centre someone needs to let people know what's going on. If there is progress being made somewhere then fantastic. It's clear there are a good few people interested in being involved in a trust and helping out so that needs to be pooled together asap rather than become disjointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    The impetus for the trust absolutely came from within the club an advisory board member was tasked with it and fair play to him he took it. Don't be dancin on the head of a pin with "no board members are involved" style arguments, you might only breed cynicism and mistrust among people who know whats going on.
    Regardless of impetus, no club board members sit on it and it's independent. I was correcting the idea that it's a "club trust", which it is not, and which it should not be. If that is going to be a concern for people, it's important to correct the misconception around independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    For my own part Id have no problem working with them once its independent. And thats not a slight on anyone within the club its just the way things have to be for it to work.
    Agreed, and good to hear. What it needed is unity, not factions.

Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    The ISC are awaiting a call since the 6th so a full representation can be addressed and consulted
    Like I said, I'm sure when the lads have further information, all that will happen. The important thing is that they have gotten in touch with everyone and are working to get everyone involved. Again, I was just correcting delboyderis on the point about the ISC not being contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    With people trying to set up trusts left right and centre someone needs to let people know what's going on. If there is progress being made somewhere then fantastic. It's clear there are a good few people interested in being involved in a trust and helping out so that needs to be pooled together asap rather than become disjointed.
    Yeah, agree 100%

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I spoke with somebody from isc the other day on facebook and he said that they hadnt been briefed.thats why i mentioned it,so you might to retract your previous correction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I spoke with somebody from isc the other day on facebook and he said that they hadnt been briefed.thats why i mentioned it,so you might to retract your previous correction?
    No. Sorry now, but I actually have by email from the people involved in the trust that ISC were spoken to, and I also have details of some of the excellent ideas/feedback the ISC rep gave. The correction is valid.

That's all noise anyway, the kind of silly side issue that can cloud the much more important fact that people are working on an independent trust and that it's there for people to get behind and support.
    Last edited by tiktok; 20/03/2015 at 9:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Current situation doing no favours for any trust I would imagine.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya lads the trust is being set up. Patience is needed at the moment and any info on it will be released as soon as it is viable to do so.

I think most people wanted clarification it was happening and it is.

The trust is separate from the club so the current issue while not ideal when it comes to a trust should ultimately be kept separate. Trying to do that will be hard though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    The "LIFT" Facebook page says it will start registering for monthly contributions in August.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    leaflets were handed out on saturday night as well at the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast