Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Doom Thread 2014

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And no more about it?the sooner its set up the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Why is everything to do with Limerick FC akways arse backwards.

The board are having behind closed doors meetings to set up a trust.

Brilliant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Im sure some will be pleased to know that the group of fans that were verbally abused by the club chairman have now been banned by the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I foresee this having negative consequences

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Im sure some will be pleased to know that the group of fans that were verbally abused by the club chairman have now been banned by the club.
    What? Why? Unless I've missed something fairly spectacular (and I may have, I'm nowhere near the pulse these days ) that seems like an utterly farcical decision.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    that doesnt make sense?we dont have that many supporters that we can expel them willy nilly?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    It's crazy stuff altogether. I know those lads were going to be staying away from matches anyway, but this POS-inspired spat has reached stupid levels at this point. This is looking like one of those textbook "How not to do it" seasons. Certainly makes me distrustful of any club-started trust idea.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I have started a trust this evening totally independent of the clubs and its supporters clubs.you are more than welcome to join up if you want?would like to arrange a meeting for anybody interested.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    My initial great faith in the Chairman was considerable weakened by the decision to go to TP and Taylors appointment,this latest spat with this group of fans has left me wondering is the Chairman really losing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Basically what happened was we had emailed the club with our complaints about the verbal abuse by the chairman there were emails back and forth where they asked for additional info, one of the emails they asked for names of the people that were present at the time. Thinking it was so they could ask a few questions or something I asked the lads and we were happy to provide the names received an email back saying due to bad language and abusive chants basically every name on the list was banned from games. Caught me a good one with it ill give em that but imo a totally classless move.

Keep in mind not once during the conversation were our chants brought up until we were banned and at no stage have they ever been brought up to us. I'm sure everyone on here is intelligent enough to know that the chants are not the reason we have been banned its because we have had the cheek to question Pat O Sullivan . Sher some of the names on the list that have been banned don't even sit with us at games or sing they were just with us at the time.

For anyone interested the entire email conversation is on facebook on the page named Blue Army Loyalty Club.

11. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I was just reading about athlones financial woes and seemingly they done the same thing to a group of there fans for chanting as well , surely what ever the issue is a sit down and talk situation should have happened or at least a warning sounds like this came out of nowhere , did ye get a refund on yer season tickets ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    I was just reading about athlones financial woes and seemingly they done the same thing to a group of there fans for chanting as well , surely what ever the issue is a sit down and talk situation should have happened or at least a warning sounds like this came out of nowhere , did ye get a refund on yer season tickets ???
    Asked for one as soon as I was told I was banned no reply yet.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Great to see all the ex-players being justified in their comments about the club over the last few years.

It's being run like Nazi Germany. You question the club you pay the consequences. The lamest excuse for a ban I have ever heard.

From talking to a few fans these lads aren't the only ones that won't be showing up to the game on Saturday. I hate to see no support for the team but the way they are carrying on they are driving fans away.

I hope the club see sense before Saturday and come down off their high horse.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 18/03/2015 at 9:04 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Great to see all the ex-players being justified in their comments about the club over the last few years.

It's being run like Nazi Germany. You question the club you pay the consequences. The lamest excuse for a ban I have ever heard.

From talking to a few fans these lads aren't the only ones that won't be showing up to the game on Saturday. I hate to see no support for the team but the way they are carrying on they are driving fans away.

I hope the club see sense before Saturday and come down off their high horse.
    I want the names of all those ex-players so I can pass them on to Pat O'Sullivan
    Last edited by donnrua; 18/03/2015 at 5:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What do people think of 2 points from our first four games. Given the times we currently live in with expectation levels at an all time low I am content enough with how things are going on the pitch. We are improving and a point away to Drogheda tonight would suggest that we are capable of mustering up points here and there. After the Bohs game I wasn't sure we were capable of scoring a goal never mind staying off the bottom. If we can cut Bray adrift I can see us surviving but it's early days.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    A point away in normal circumstances would certainly have acceptable,a point away v 10 men for over an hour not so sure,2 points out of twelve,11 goals conceded,some awful football on show,players mental and physical condition questionable,being content can take many forms.Pats and Dundalk next up,Russell has a real job on his hands here so lets hope he rises to the challenge and gets the max out of this squad.in terms of improving all i,ve seen is that we are now 2 games unbeaten,thats a positive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Reason to be optimistic anyway lads, I figure Russell will be able to eek a little more out of Limerick over the season then Matthews will with Bray, he plays negative football even with a decent squad..

I'm a little more convinced that you can at least nab a playoff berth. The next couple of matches might be a very steep learning curve thou. You currently have 2 more points that myself and a lot of other people would have expected at this stage of the season, it's a pity 3 points weren't gotten at Drogs all the same, they seem to be weak enough outside of the two main men.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 25/03/2015 at 7:47 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldnt think that having two points from 4 games is a great return even with all the crap thats going on with the club.was at the longford game last week and it reminded me of first division football.cant see them getting any points from the next two games.i think that they will be just above bray this year in the relegation battle.big let down from the last two seasonsi dont know how the club is going to get people through the gate for the season with such a poor standard on show.some of the lads are trying hard but i dont think it will draw the crowds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    A point away in normal circumstances would certainly have acceptable,a point away v 10 men for over an hour not so sure,2 points out of twelve,11 goals conceded,some awful football on show,players mental and physical condition questionable,being content can take many forms.Pats and Dundalk next up,Russell has a real job on his hands here so lets hope he rises to the challenge and gets the max out of this squad.in terms of improving all i,ve seen is that we are now 2 games unbeaten,thats a positive.
    In fairness to Russell he can only do so much with what he has at his disposal.Bray on paper have a lot stronger squad dont think they'll be rockbottom for too long.Lims need to hang on the Longfords and maybe Galways coat tails.Drogs will get stronger too id imagine.Cant see Lims getting much stronger with the situation the clubs in at the moment.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Would agree with you that russell can only do so much.looking at Dundalk last night on tv they are a class side playing lovely football.where has it all gone wrong for limerick.this thing with banning the group of supporters is madness.they should all sit down and forget what has gone on and try get the club moving in the right direction.its not helping anybody.from the first few games staying up is what the club seem to be about this year.cant see them getting any result from the next two home games and getting bad beatings wont help either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast