Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Limerick Doom Thread 2014

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I thought some progress had been made on talking about letting them back in.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    And add on that result tonight. The neck of these people to still bar these lads with a straight face.

The full statement from the banned group is here:

"I'm sure everyone is aware of the situation ongoing between us and the club recently. We have had 2 meetings with the club one the week of the Dundalk game which made small progress but didn't sort the situation and one tonight. The one tonight seemed like it was making progress and things would be sorted but unfortunately it ended with the club saying they would allow us back into the ground but under conditions we felt we could not accept main one being that we would be banned from the stand in both Jackman Park and in future the Markets Field.Events at tonights meeting leave us in no doubt that this issue will not be solved with any agreement we find reasonable therefore we unfortunately have to announce that tomorrows game in Galway will be the lastLimerick FC game the Blue Army will attend as a group and as individuals. It is a tough decision to take as some of us are ending over 10-15 years of supporting the club but we feel it is best for both ourselves and the club that this not drag on any further. We would urge anyone that is still missing games in support of us to please start going again and enjoy supporting the club as you have before this. We would like to sincerely thank all of those that supported us through this it really did mean a lot. We would like to thank fans of opposing clubs for offering support and kind words during it those that travel the country to support their team and truly understand what we do. Also thanks to all of the people that we spent some great times with supporting the club up and down the country.

We do not plan on going out quietly so anyone that wants to come make some noise with us one last time more than welcome to join us in Galway. Finally want to wish all teams at the club best of luck in the future. Lets hope our last game is this seasons first win so we can go out with a bang."

And

"The Blue Army with deep regret can confirm as of last night we will cease to exist as a group , for the last couple of weeks we have worked hard to resolve this issue and gathered a lot of support from fans attending games that wouldn't normally associate with us and some Limerick fans even refused to watch the game and went home , we would like to thank everyone that has supported us through this and it is with a heavy heart we release this statement today , we did have meetings with the club , a private apology to the group was accepted as we look to try work together for the future , unfortunately after this there was another break down , we were told that we would not be allowed back into the (Shed) Stand at jackman park as it is now a family zone and we are not welcome there , this is where I myself grew up as a teenager as a limerick fan in the shed with most of these lads roaring on my team , that shed was our home and there was many happy memories there as a Limerick Fan , for years we have tried to add atmosphere , colour and friendly banter to games , now and again as any footballing fan can agree it can go abit to far when things get heated , were we willing to create a positive athmosphere and tone things down yes , I always believed we can have new faces and younger lads join in with us . we The Blue Army had one of the best reputations of supporters groups in the country and this decision taken by our group is a hard one to take for me and others , some members have completely lost there love for the club and we never wanted this to happen . Once again thanks to all Home and Away fans for your support through this ."
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    On the game last night it has to be said that a fairly ordinary Galway team simply outplayed us,showed more fight and made us look at times an absolute shambles.the scoreline in no way does the home team justice..it could easily have been six.to play 3 at the back given the context of the game and to let out the capt. who is easily our most effective player sended a pre match message of panic to all.one would also have to question young O connor being ommitted his recent form is good.another huge game lost,no win in 8 games ,highest concession of goals in the league,tactically very poor at times,are the serious questions going to be asked?the treatment of the fans group is a sad reflection on how the club is being run at the moment,it seems the implosion on and off the field is not that far off.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I expected Whitehead to start instead of O'Connor as he was looking a bit weary for some of the Bray goals (only saw them on TV) the previous week. You can forget how young he is and we just can't play him everyweek. Whitehead needed a game too. Paudie might be back in for Derry maybe. Duggan unfortunately has been below par, maybe he needed a reminder. I thought Tracey offered more than him tbh. Ideally both will be in the 1st 11 everyweek though.
    I think we are chaotic at the back, Oji is a huge loss in that we have a kid playing centre half and another in goals. Price needs to do more as the experienced one to keep us more organised. I thought it was getting better a few weeks ago but we have regressed in that dept lately. Until that improves we will lose almost every week. It might be worth starting Robbie in the middle maybe, with Costello left or even ST, though i hate to lose Shane in the midfield.
    Last edited by fieldofmarkets; 19/04/2015 at 8:37 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345