Expression of interest required for the prem as a club is in difficulty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Expression of interest required for the prem as a club is in difficulty
    Care to elaborate?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Rumour has it this way that its our turn for mad millionaire to kill a club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    UCD to go back up so,
    1st Division Champs 2014 roll on next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Absolutely nothing solid that we will be going anywhere yet but staff let go today and talk around is worrying.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Had heard there may be a club that might not get a premier license but I would not take it for granted that it's Limerick.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I saw Martin Russell in the train station checking the payphones for coins.

This is serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Had heard there may be a club that might not get a premier license but I would not take it for granted that it's Limerick.
    Could be Bray. 18 team premier on the way. Huzzah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Saw an admin of a LOI Facebook page, post that all is not well down Limerick way. Took it with a pinch of salt but if there's talk of it here then there must be something to it. Also said very likely Market Field won't be ready now for first game of the season. Is this definitely the case?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Saw an admin of a LOI Facebook page, post that all is not well down Limerick way. Took it with a pinch of salt but if there's talk of it here then there must be something to it. Also said very likely Market Field won't be ready now for first game of the season. Is this definitely the case?
    I passed the Markets Field this morning and there was a serious amount of work going on inside the ground. Looked to me like there were pillars being erected, either for the away stand or maybe floodlights, hard to tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Terrible news.

I was very dissappointed with the amount of Limerick people turning up for games. "Sugar Daddies" will only support a club for so long. If local people won't support a club, it will entually die.

It is time for the people of Limerick to decide if they want a League Of Ireland club.

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Terrible news.

I was very dissappointed with the amount of Limerick people turning up for games. "Sugar Daddies" will only support a club for so long. If local people won't support a club, it will entually die.

It is time for the people of Limerick to decide if they want a League Of Ireland club.
    Been saying it for a while now, the people of Limerick simply do not want LOI football.

Excuse after excuse not to bother going to games year after year.

We missed an opportunity with promotion and once again are missing it with the move to the markets field.

I'd Imagine within the next 2 years we will be scrapping it out in the lower half of the first division.

There is a core of about 250 fans that go no matter what, then you have a few more pretty loyal fans that make there way a lot of the time meaning we could hit 500-600 at a game. After that you are talking about sunshine fans pure and simple.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I think the people of Ireland do not want LOI football. Shame about Limerick - it was a good football town/city back in the day...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    There is a core of about 250 fans that go no matter what, then you have a few more pretty loyal fans that make there way a lot of the time meaning we could hit 500-600 at a game. After that you are talking about sunshine fans pure and simple.
    tbh, I'm not buying that as an excuse. This pretty much sums up every club - the only difference is that some clubs haven't/ won't be down in the 1st without a hope of promotion that season to find out what their actual bare bones support is (and so will bs that it doesn't apply to them).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    tbh, I'm not buying that as an excuse. This pretty much sums up every club - the only difference is that some clubs haven't/ won't be down in the 1st without a hope of promotion that season to find out what their actual bare bones support is (and so will bs that it doesn't apply to them).
    It's not an excuse. In our case it's pretty much a fact. I'm not talking about what our support would be in the first division, I'm talking about the support the club got in the premier. We were doing very well in the run in last season. Playing good football, winning matches and pushed up the table to finish a credible 6th and we still only got 500-600 in the gate. It was only the odd game when we first came up we were over the 1,200 mark and then very rarely the 2,000 mark.

Now the club didn't exactly do themselves any favours either, for example starting the season weak with absolutely no buzz and then trying to strengthen mid-season and hope people suddenly come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    I think the people of Ireland do not want LOI football. Shame about Limerick - it was a good football town/city back in the day...
    True but based on Jof's numbers, Limerick's core support figures are very low, not just for a regional side but even a Dublin club. It does look like the people of Limerick aren't prepared to support Limerick FC, even in the sort of numbers that would be average in the Premier Division. Very sad to see.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    From the financial side I'm not surprised to see Limerick in trouble. The club lost €405,357 in 2013. The figures for 2014 are not in the public domain yet but I would be of the view that they may not show a great improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I don't think the club are actually going to be in debt it just seems to be more a case of where will the money come from to run the team this year. I could be completely wrong there but it's the impression I've been given.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Limerick Junior football is very strong.. Just no support for the LOI team which is a shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Terrible news.

Which is the excuse the club will give to try and deflect blame if it does go belly up. Truth is you have to go out and earn support and the club failed miserably on this side of things. The day before the start of last season there was casual fans that would go every now and then that had no idea the season was even back the next day cos there was so little advertising from the club. Its waste and stupidity on the clubs side more than anything that is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    It's not an excuse. In our case it's pretty much a fact. I'm not talking about what our support would be in the first division, I'm talking about the support the club got in the premier. We were doing very well in the run in last season. Playing good football, winning matches and pushed up the table to finish a credible 6th and we still only got 500-600 in the gate. It was only the odd game when we first came up we were over the 1,200 mark and then very rarely the 2,000 mark.

Now the club didn't exactly do themselves any favours either, for example starting the season weak with absolutely no buzz and then trying to strengthen mid-season and hope people suddenly come out.

That is exactly it though there was no way were we gonna get decent crowds out after the horrible football and depressing atmosphere of the season all the way up the point where we started being decent. The club did it all too late bringing in these players when the season was dead we had nothing at all to play for at that stage and nowhere really cared about going from 8th to 6th.

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast