Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Prices for 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ticket Prices for 2015

Just wondering does anybody know how much ticket prices will be on the gate this season. Season tickets have taken a fairly large hike from last year. 2014 Adult was €130, OAP/Student €85 and kids were €40. This season Adult are €220, OAP/Student €140 and kids are €60. For a parent bringing two kids its a jump of€130.
    The truth fears no questions...
    It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Adult tickets have went up from €10 to €15 per game as that is a requirement for all Premier Division games. Not sure about the prices for OAPs and students this year.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Adult tickets have went up from €10 to €15 per game as that is a requirement for all Premier Division games. Not sure about the prices for OAPs and students this year.
    Are you sure about that? I'd be sure 10 euro is minimum cost of entry. Which in itself is ridiculous anyway.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Are you sure about that? I'd be sure 10 euro is minimum cost of entry. Which in itself is ridiculous anyway.
    I was told that too by the club also Nigel!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I think last year all teams were 15 but the year before Dundalk and Cork weren't 15. I think €10 is the minimum
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    We were told last year €15 was the minimum, but it could have just suited the Club to blame the FAI.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    15 Is the minimum, it's a ridiculous rule but one we have to stick by and that's why season ticket prices have gone up too. Students are usually 8 euro but no word if Theyl go up to 10 while kids will remain at 5 euro which is great.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Same ratio as the last few years, I think nobody should buy a season ticket unless you are a kid, unwaged, student or pensioner, whats the point of laying out the full amount at the start of the year, it not like they make it worth your while, if you miss a couple of games you have lost money,
    I think it should be at the very least 20/30% less for paying up front

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Not the first time that's been said about season tickets over the years but the thinking is unlikely to change now.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Same ratio as the last few years, I think nobody should buy a season ticket unless you are a kid, unwaged, student or pensioner, whats the point of laying out the full amount at the start of the year, it not like they make it worth your while, if you miss a couple of games you have lost money,
    I think it should be at the very least 20/30% less for paying up front
    What's the point? To support the club, that's the whole idea of LOI season tickets really. Yes I agree they should be cheaper, the kids shouldn't have gone up at all from last season as its still a fiver at the gate but bar galway, bray etc we are pretty much in line with everyone else.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    We can support the club every 2nd week plus friendlies and cup matches by paying €15 at the gate instead of having to find €220 in February there is no incentive to give that kind of money to the club in one hit, if the club dropped it to say €150.00 there would be more fans interested and the club would get a large bunch of cash straight away,
    say 16 home games @ €15 total €240 your only getting €20 off
    if the season ticket was €150 and 100 fans bought season tickets that's €15 grand in the bank before the season starts and I think there would be more than 100 fans buying them, the club would get interest on the money or could pay a lump some off any loans, maybe the club don't need the injection of cash,
    I am not suggesting it should be €150 but it would make it attractive for a Christmas present from all the family for a loved one, a present that lasts all season, they could even target business'es to buy them and give them away for their best customers, they could be included in Christmas raffles etc,
    I know who cares what it costs we will probably stump up again but I think it would get the town buzzing before the season even started
    that's my thoughts anyway see you all soon can't wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    What you're saying is all well and good darklordsbane, but you're forgetting one thing here. This is the League of Ireland. The same people buy the same amount of season tickets each year. If 100 people bought season tickets last year, the same 100 people will buy them this year, regardless of the price. The difference will almost certainly be no more than 10 or 15 people.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Well I disgaree with the fact the same people buy them every year as I know quite a few who bought them for the first time this season having got hooked on de town last year but we certaintly wouldn't sell enough to make up the shortfall in difference if they were sold at 150 like darklordsblane suggests that's the point here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    We can support the club every 2nd week plus friendlies and cup matches by paying €15 at the gate instead of having to find €220 in February there is no incentive to give that kind of money to the club in one hit, if the club dropped it to say €150.00 there would be more fans interested and the club would get a large bunch of cash straight away,
    say 16 home games @ €15 total €240 your only getting €20 off
    if the season ticket was €150 and 100 fans bought season tickets that's €15 grand in the bank before the season starts and I think there would be more than 100 fans buying them, the club would get interest on the money or could pay a lump some off any loans, maybe the club don't need the injection of cash,
    I am not suggesting it should be €150 but it would make it attractive for a Christmas present from all the family for a loved one, a present that lasts all season, they could even target business'es to buy them and give them away for their best customers, they could be included in Christmas raffles etc,
    I know who cares what it costs we will probably stump up again but I think it would get the town buzzing before the season even started
    that's my thoughts anyway see you all soon can't wait
    Your post is a contradiction in that the club are reliant on that cash injection at the start of the season from season tickets but to drop them in price like that would more than likely decrease that injection significantly unless there was a serious increase in the number of people buying them which is unlikely. While we'd all obviously love cheaper season tickets the club has to be run like a business and it can't really afford to be reliant on the very small support base that we are working with. It's give or take the same people buying them every year and the only way the club could afford to drop the price significantly would be if people that wouldn't usually be going to all the games buy them, which is very unlikely. We've had very low attendances the last few years despite challenging for the league every year, hopefully people from town who have been away for years will come out and support us this year but to expect them to just turn around and buy a season ticket is dreaming. Hopefully if we manage to stay up for a year or two and have bigger average attendances we can rely on, the club will be able to give better deals on the tickets. Also, I doubt we've ever sold close to 100 season tickets.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'm really ****ed off with the price increase and voiced it on the club's FB page. I have 3 kids under 12 and even with the 3rd child free, thats way too much to charge for a 7 year old. Also with €2 for the half time draw €3 for a programme and another €3 in the shop, it makes it quite an expensive evening for a family.....
    Last edited by daithi; 21/01/2015 at 1:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Have kids prices gone up? What are they now?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    €60.....

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    So the season ticket went up €20 but individual tickets didn't? Cheers
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    So the season ticket went up €20 but individual tickets didn't? Cheers
    Correct, Daithi have you enquired about a family deal as the club doesn't advertise them but do offer them for those who ask (don't know why they don't asvertise them). I totally agree that increasing a kids season ticket is disgraceful considering it's still a fiver on the gate, we need to be doing everything we can to bring in new supporters and this isn't the way to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Yes Outspoken, the deal is 3rd child is free. But shouldn't all 7 year old kids be free?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast