Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 242

Thread: Leinster Senior Cup

  1. #221
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 182 Times in 99 Posts
    Leinster Cup Final, Monday 29 August.

    Bohs 4 Wexford Youths 0

    About 500 at it.

  2. #222
    First Team Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Drogheda (shhhhh!!)
    Posts
    2,015
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked 451 Times in 284 Posts
    If it isnt a prestigious trophy it is certainly a lovely one. old and not made of cheap tin like the more current trophies!! If Youths had won it you wouldnt bet against a star being added to a jersey as it would certainly have meant a lot more to them to win!

  3. #223
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 182 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    If it isnt a prestigious trophy it is certainly a lovely one. old and not made of cheap tin like the more current trophies!! If Youths had won it you wouldnt bet against a star being added to a jersey as it would certainly have meant a lot more to them to win!
    Actually seemed to mean quite a bit to the Bohs players (and fans) last night....celebrations started off with the "... we are being consciously ironic here ..(wink)" but once that chunk of a trophy was lifted they genuinely celebrated.

  4. #224
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    2,965
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 905 Times in 457 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Actually seemed to mean quite a bit to the Bohs players (and fans) last night....celebrations started off with the "... we are being consciously ironic here ..(wink)" but once that chunk of a trophy was lifted they genuinely celebrated.
    And why not, it is trophy. Our lads were delighted to win it last year.

  5. #225
    First Team marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    2,201
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 415 Times in 256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Actually seemed to mean quite a bit to the Bohs players (and fans) last night....celebrations started off with the "... we are being consciously ironic here ..(wink)" but once that chunk of a trophy was lifted they genuinely celebrated.
    Always nice to pick up silverware (from what I can remember ). helps build team spirit and develop winning mentality.

    .....always nice to have an excuse to celebrate with a drink or two for all concerned (players, officials, fans). been a tough couple of years at Dalymount so more than welcome.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  6. #226
    First Team PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 765 Times in 378 Posts
    Pats beat Bray 4-0 in this last night, 2 from Fagan and 1 each for O’Hamlon and Bermo,

    Think it’s safe to say we’re going to win the league now.
    We Are The Champions

  7. #227
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks
    1,691
    Thanked 696 Times in 606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Pats beat Bray 4-0 in this last night, 2 from Fagan and 1 each for O’Hamlon and Bermo,

    Think it’s safe to say we’re going to win the league now.
    Who's that Alex O'Hanlon chap? Was he with ye last season?

  8. #228
    First Team PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    424
    Thanked 765 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Who's that Alex O'Hanlon chap? Was he with ye last season?
    He only came this year, was with Liverpool for 5 years and then Huddersfield
    We Are The Champions

  9. #229
    Apprentice Jd2793's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What was he like? Remember catching a few u19 irish games a couple of years ago and he looked very good
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    He only came this year, was with Liverpool for 5 years and then Huddersfield

  10. #230
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 2
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts
    Anyone know where St. Patrick's CY play? We're playing them next week.

    I thought they normally played in Ringsend Park on the astro pitch there as have definitely seen them there beofre, however I seen the fixture listed as 'Irishtown (astro)' - would this be Irishtown Stadium instead?
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

  11. #231
    Reserves littlebray's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 54 Times in 39 Posts
    We definitely played them in Irishtown Stadium in 2012. Across the way from Ringsend Park, very limited supporters facilities, running track. But handy enough. Easy to google. Good luck

  12. #232
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,508
    Thanks
    3,298
    Thanked 4,576 Times in 2,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Anyone know where St. Patrick's CY play? We're playing them next week.

    I thought they normally played in Ringsend Park on the astro pitch there as have definitely seen them there beofre, however I seen the fixture listed as 'Irishtown (astro)' - would this be Irishtown Stadium instead?
    Irishtown and Ringsend overlap and the stadium and park are right in the middle. There's only one astro park in Ringsend/Irishtown and it's the one you're thinking of.

  13. #233
    Youth Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Dundalk win 4-2 with Kilduff hitting 2 after Carlton Ubaezuono had given Dundalk a 1st half lead.Fats - who was motm for me rounded of the scoring for Dundalk just before the match entered injury time.David Cassidy and Dean Gannon scored for a Decent Pats CY side.

  14. #234
    Youth Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Shelbourne 4 Wexford FC 2
    UCD 2 Drogheda Utd 0

  15. #235
    Youth Team kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
    Thomastown United beat Shamrock Rovers 1-0 with a 90th minute goal.

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #236
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 539 Times in 358 Posts
    Massive congratulations to Thomastown to take a scalp like Shamrock Rovers, even if under-strength, with former Wexford Youths legend and huge fan favourite, CJ Browne, starring for the Noresiders.

  18. #237
    First Team oldyouth's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,185
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 76 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Massive congratulations to Thomastown to take a scalp like Shamrock Rovers, even if under-strength, with former Wexford Youths legend and huge fan favourite, CJ Browne, starring for the Noresiders.
    And Conor English too, I believe

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #238
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 539 Times in 358 Posts
    Thanks, Oldyouth

    Didn't spot Conor.

  21. #239
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,508
    Thanks
    3,298
    Thanked 4,576 Times in 2,874 Posts
    Wasn't there but deserved win by all accounts. Bradser paying tribute to Nutsy by getting knocked out by a non-league team. Obviously would have preferred they beat someone else but always good to see non-league teams in the latter stages of the LSC.

  22. #240
    International Prospect
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,756
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 857 Posts
    Your boys took a hell of a beating
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Leinster Senior Cup
    By seand in forum Football History
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06/10/2015, 1:07 AM
  2. Leinster Senior Cup
    By Dillonman in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 21/10/2013, 2:26 PM
  3. Leinster senior cup
    By fitzpatrick10 in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05/03/2013, 7:58 PM
  4. Leinster Senior Cup
    By Cabinteelygull in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29/01/2010, 9:19 AM
  5. Leinster Senior Cup?
    By paudie in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12/06/2006, 4:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •