Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: john delaney sing song

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

john delaney sing song

What do ye think of the carry on of john delaney in the bath bar recently singing a rebel song?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Hadn't heard about it tbh. Was he any good?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Was a sing song in a pub. To be honest I couldn't care less what songs he sings. His wages, total lack of respect for his own league, the fact he keeps giving himself new contracts despite the FAI continually finding themselves in trouble and the mess that is Irish football in general are what would worry me a lot more.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    His wages, total lack of respect for his own league, the fact he keeps giving himself new contracts despite the FAI continually finding themselves in trouble and the mess that is Irish football in general are what would worry me a lot more.
    All of this and his nievety to think that this sort of thing wouldnt happen, the initial denial, legal bullyboy threats to media, the use of his partner as a deflection strategy, and then the apology for something he didnt think he needed to apologise for. An embaressing episode for him and obviously not the shrewd operator i thought he was. He should sack his publiist as he is now disliked far beyond League and National team supporters..St John indeed..

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    His denial of the truth, then admitting it happened but blaming the person that posted it on YouTube and then his vote of confidence in himself tonight. He should walk for this. The FAI cannot be seen to be anyway sectarian.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Was a sing song in a pub. To be honest I couldn't care less what songs he sings. His wages, total lack of respect for his own league, the fact he keeps giving himself new contracts despite the FAI continually finding themselves in trouble and the mess that is Irish football in general are what would worry me a lot more.
    He doesn't give himself new contracts. The fully-independent 10-man board give him the contracts. There is even a president of the board, he issued a statement and everything. Obviously we all know his name due to him being a high-profile figure in Irish sport so there's no need for me to say it here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Actually went on checked there out of curiosity:

The Board of Management comprises of ten members: the President (Tony Fitzgerald), Vice President (Donal Conway), Honorary Secretary (Michael Cody), Honorary Treasurer (Eddie Murray), Chief Executive (John Delaney), and the six chairpersons of the Development, International (Milo Corcoran), Domestic (Jim McConnell), League of Ireland (Eamon Naughton), Legal/Corporate (Pariac Treanor) and Underage (Tim Fitzgerald) committees. The Finance committee is represented by the Honorary Treasurer rather than selecting a chairperson.

It is clear to me now that John only looms so large because he is standing on the shoulders of GIANTS.

On an aside, when was Franco Gavin purged??

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Was Gavin ever on the FAI board? He's on the League board alright.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Was Gavin ever on the FAI board? He's on the League board alright.
    FAI Competitions Director

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its easy for john delaney to be singing in pubs when he is 360,000 euro which doesnt include his expenses.that kind of money for the head of the fai is a disgrace.he should only be on 100k.god only knows what the head guys in the fai are on?they are a joke when it comes to promoting or making the loi a better league.lining their own pockets i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

The Board of Management comprises of ten members: the President (Tony Fitzgerald), Vice President (Donal Conway), Honorary Secretary (Michael Cody), Honorary Treasurer (Eddie Murray), Chief Executive (John Delaney), and the six chairpersons of the Development, International (Milo Corcoran), Domestic (Jim McConnell), League of Ireland (Eamon Naughton), Legal/Corporate (Pariac Treanor) and Underage (Tim Fitzgerald) committees. The Finance committee is represented by the Honorary Treasurer rather than selecting a chairperson.

It is clear to me now that John only looms so large because he is standing on the shoulders of GIANTS.

Shoulders of Muppets more like led by the great Gonzo.
    No wonder Blatter was laughing at us.
    We must look a complete joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Statement from Tony Fitzgerald on behalf of FAI Board
    Tony Fitzgerald, President of the Football Association of Ireland spoke this evening on behalf of the FAI Board in relation to John Delaney,
    26th Nov 2014
    “Following recent coverage of the cyber bullying of his partner Emma and the fact that John has publicly apologised if he offended anyone for singing the nationalist song in question, we are happy to bring the matter to a close.
    “The Board is more than pleased with the way John Delaney is running the Association. He has done an enormous amount for Irish football. In the past year alone the winning of EURO 2020 bid for Dublin adds to a number of very important developments he has helped oversee during his tenure. We recently awarded him a contract extension to 2020 and he is fully deserving of that.”

Sorry for saying it but what a load of old s*i*e.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    We live in a politically correct world now, so a song like Joe McDonnell would be seen as offence ( one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist etc.) If he wants to be one of the lads and sing IRA songs that fine. BUT he's the CEO of FAI! His job is to build bridges with other associations and groups around Ireland, Europe and the world. He made himself the face of Irish football btw.

This latest saga is just another big black mark on John the Baptist CV!

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

was it these same ten people who got the benefit of the 5 year extension to the blazer retirement age from 70 to 75?

Nothing like Sepp Blatter's job for life at all like.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sepp blatter should be sent off to a nursing home.i dont know how he is still head honcho in fifa?a bit like john delaney at the fai i think.they are all rotten to the core im afraid.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    Sepp blatter should be sent off to a nursing home.i dont know how he is still head honcho in fifa?a bit like john delaney at the fai i think.they are all rotten to the core im afraid.
    No one will challegne Blatter at FIFA just like no one will challenge Delaney at the FAI. They've got their buddies and ar*elickers around them. Anyone who does try will knocked back into place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBlackCat View Post
    We live in a politically correct world now, so a song like Joe McDonnell would be seen as offence ( one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist etc.) If he wants to be one of the lads and sing IRA songs that fine. BUT he's the CEO of FAI! His job is to build bridges with other associations and groups around Ireland, Europe and the world. He made himself the face of Irish football btw.

This latest saga is just another big black mark on John the Baptist CV!
    What would be the reaction to an IFA official filmed in an East Belbast pub (the press would probably call it a "drinking den") signing a song lauding the Shankhill Butchers?

Would internet posters do an Alf Garnett and say that criticism was "political correctness gone mad"?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    What would be the reaction to an IFA official filmed in an East Belbast pub (the press would probably call it a "drinking den") signing a song lauding the Shankhill Butchers?

Would internet posters do an Alf Garnett and say that criticism was "political correctness gone mad"?
    I remember back in 2000 a Rangers CEO was had to resign because he was filmed singing the Sash and Follow Follow at a Rangers SC benefit night. Rangers themselves said he had no other option bit to resign.

BTW, I'm sorry if my post sound like a "political correctness gone mad" rant. What I meant is a song like that isn't acceptable in this day and age and Delaney knew that. Hence all the cover ups, lies and playing the victim.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Looking at that list,I remember the ghost man Naughton. You know that he might exist but proof of his existence is hard to come by. Bar the odd article in the Ireland programme, what has he actually done?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Again we are focusing on the wrong issues. John Delaney is the biggest problem in Irish football right now and it is not because of a song.

25. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast