Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best football stadia under 12,000 from around the world?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Yeah, we've worn lots of different away kits. White, green, yellow, black, red. I prefer that than having a regular away kit. Adds something (very small).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    http://euro.stades.ch/Bruxelles-Schaerbeek-1.html
    Lovely, Quirky little ground in Belgium, it's just 2 sided but it would fit nicely into a small space like the Carlisle grounds or maybe United Park.
    Might have to rethink the trees and all that glass maybe....
    Last edited by SalvadorSanchez; 14/11/2014 at 4:00 PM.
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    http://euro.stades.ch/Bruxelles-Schaerbeek-1.html
    Lovely, Quirky little ground in Belgium, it's just 2 sided but it would fit nicely into a small space like the Carlisle grounds or maybe United Park.
    Might have to rethink the trees and all that glass maybe....

You'd have to listen to a lot of whining about the artificial pitch though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    You'd have to listen to a lot of whining about the artificial pitch though...
    Grassmaster pitch? excuses old boy, they're the future for our league and teams will just have to get used to them.... people blaming Oriel is nonsense, Scots, Norwegians, Swedes just get on with it...
    the problem with Oriel is that it's the only one in the league and therefore an excuse, if there was 3 or 4 in the league boys would just get over it.... Teams train on them all the time, just need the right footwear.
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    the problem with oriel is that is much worse than most artificial pitches.

6. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Grassmaster pitch? excuses old boy, they're the future for our league and teams will just have to get used to them.... people blaming Oriel is nonsense, Scots, Norwegians, Swedes just get on with it...
    the problem with Oriel is that it's the only one in the league and therefore an excuse, if there was 3 or 4 in the league boys would just get over it.... Teams train on them all the time, just need the right footwear.
    Those leagues all have the choice between rock hard ground for half the year or artificial surfaces. The artificial surface is often much softer and easier to play on. That clearly isn't the case in Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    The University of Limerick has a number of pitches with this 3D type of artificial grass. Do any Limerick FC supporters know if that is of a higher quality than Oriel Park. UL has a number of soccer pitches with the surface and one each for rugby and gaelic-games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Those leagues all have the choice between rock hard ground for half the year or artificial surfaces. The artificial surface is often much softer and easier to play on. That clearly isn't the case in Ireland.
    of course Grass is better but it needs a lot of maintenance and has to be protected. Good artificial surfaces could allow ground sharing and pretty heavy use and you have less games called off due to water logging etc., frost is the main problem.
    Did Bohs and Rovers not get called off over a missing penalty spot.?
    Oriel earns money for Dundalk through rentals as well afaik. even Newcastle Rugby have gone for an artificial surface. I think more and more clubs will look at artificial pitches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    I think more and more clubs will look at artificial pitches
    The 3D surface in UL looks the business. If that's the quality, I don't see much of issue.
    Are railing seats something LoI clubs should consider. Someone was mentioning the cost of building stadia per 1000 capacity. Railing seats might be an option for some stands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeforce View Post
    Ya I'd much prefer the atmosphere up in Oriels away section on a cold wet night. Modern is the way to go ffs.
    Some folk will never be happy.

Here is a novel idea why don't people who go to games dress according to the weather.

So if it rains or its going to rain bring a rain jacket ffs
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Home of former Football League club Rushden and Diamonds, Nene Park is a ground a lot of LOI clubs could aspire to. 6,500 capacity. Tight little ground, and looks fantastic, especially with corners filled in. Packed to capacity, you'd be able to generate an amazing atmosphere in a ground like that.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Home of former Football League club Rushden and Diamonds, Nene Park is a ground a lot of LOI clubs could aspire to. 6,500 capacity. Tight little ground, and looks fantastic, especially with corners filled in. Packed to capacity, you'd be able to generate an amazing atmosphere in a ground like that.

Nene Park is nice but I understand that they paid an awful lot for it, more that it was worth possibly. Real heart breaking story that, Great little club, great ground and well backed, they got into the league and did well enough for a time, Rushden and Diamonds are now gone and the word is that Nene park is going to be demolished soon to make way for Housing or Development, Darlington went the same way as well, established league club and brand new ground now I think they're kaputt and the ground is used by egg chasers...
    I suppose they're a cautionary tale for all of us in the LOI.... nicer grounds are necessary but have to be backed up by proper chairmen, boards, sponsors, local authorities etc.... shows how close we all could be to the abyss if clubs like these can go to the wall.
    Last edited by SalvadorSanchez; 16/11/2014 at 4:34 PM.
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Darlington built a ridiculously big stadium. I think it's near 30k capacity.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Yep. Bankrupted them. All while their old ground slowly decays. They're back now in the lower leagues (as are Rushden & Diamonds)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yep. Bankrupted them. All while their old ground slowly decays. They're back now in the lower leagues (as are Rushden & Diamonds)
    Both clubs have been turned out of their grounds haven't they? Real sad story if you ask me. Have to admire the people who have taken on rebuilding those clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post

On an unrelated matter. Hows new finn park coming? 6000 seater is the plan and no move until completely built i hear, is this right? Smart move if you ask me. Right size and may as well get the whole job done. or am I off the mark here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Build the stadium and people will come?! Pointless having stadia over 4k or 6k unless it's going to be filled or it's required for regular enough appearances in the Europa League group stage. Limerick don't seem to require a stadium over 2k right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Build the stadium and people will come?! Pointless having stadia over 4k or 6k unless it's going to be filled or it's required for regular enough appearances in the Europa League group stage. Limerick don't seem to require a stadium over 2k right now.
    Agreed. However harps are doing a deal with developers on a land swap for a stadium I believe. Good luck getting any builder to finish the job if you move into a half or quarter finished new ground and cough up the valueable land your old ground sits on. Harps are playing this right it seems. No finished job. No development land. Sure they'll have celtic over every year and fill it to the rafters at least once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Both clubs have been turned out of their grounds haven't they? Real sad story if you ask me. Have to admire the people who have taken on rebuilding those clubs.
    I don't think they were turned out of their ground as much as they just went bankrupt. For Darlington, the cost of maintaining the ground sent them under. Not sure what happened Rushden, but I think they were never really popular, and may have been a case of cash being thrown at a new entity, and the dream just being stretched too far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    On an unrelated matter. Hows new finn park coming? 6000 seater is the plan and no move until completely built i hear, is this right? Smart move if you ask me. Right size and may as well get the whole job done. or am I off the mark here?
    Agreed. However harps are doing a deal with developers on a land swap for a stadium I believe. Good luck getting any builder to finish the job if you move into a half or quarter finished new ground and cough up the valueable land your old ground sits on. Harps are playing this right it seems. No finished job. No development land. Sure they'll have celtic over every year and fill it to the rafters at least once.
    That's pretty much the deal alright. 6,700 all seater. Two stands will be finished when we move in, with the two ends to be filled in afterwards. The developer gets Finn Park in return, which is worth a whole heap of money itself. The rest is funded by grants so Harps don't pay a cent towards the new stadium, owned and operated by the co-op.

First stand and admin block is in full flow at the minute and roof is to go on it in the next two or three months.

The FAI are to have a regional office there, or so I heard at one stage anyway, so the plans are to have a few underage international games as well as a couple of high profile friendlies each season to help pay the bills.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast