Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    Straw man am I? You seem to have a very short memory!!!
    I meant your argument I quoted was a strawman argument.

Not sure what the post you quoted has to do with that??

Do you need a lie down??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    O.K I'll take you through it in baby steps because you're obviously a bit special. The quote from you clearly stated the names of 5 players that should have been re-signed as soon as the final whistle went in Tallaght. You stated, in reply to me, that no-one ever claimed that players should have been re-signed as soon as the season finished. Now can you understand that or would you like me to take you through it again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I get it now :/

Burnt!!

The perils of foruming on a phone. :/

Having said that I think most clubs would offer there best players new deals straight away, not all or even most of their players, just the ones other clubs might want.

Do you think a club should try to hold on to their better players??

Do you think Limerick have done good business over the last couple of off seasons??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I'll name one that isn't in the league anymore then and that isn't with the club currently. John Tierney when he left the club people were told he had told the club he wouldn't stay that he wanted mad money that he had said this and that and disrespected the club. After all the lies people in the club spread about him me and others seen text messages that proved almost everything they said had been a load of nonsense and that he had basically been forced out the door, that is a disgraceful way to treat someone that had won our player of the year the previous season. There was another just last season which I think is the one Jofspring is talking about that I can't mention for the same reason with a few others they are still playing and I'm not gonan drop em in it.

Who forgot that players break promises to the club? They do and that makes no difference at all to the fact the club treat some people badly and need to improve on it.

There is no-one saying people should be offered something immediately please show me where anyone has said that? I know one player that is there currently that was promised he was being offered a deal before the end of the season, up to 4 days ago he still hadn't heard a thing from the club that isn't a good way to treat people.

You have argued a lot of points that no-one made in your post.
    Sorry I didn't realize that you could only make a point on the basis of someone else making it first

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Limerick have done ****e business in the off season since we got back in to the premier. Last season was comical in fairness but I think Taylor has to take the flack for most of that. We did some good business during the summer when it meant f**k all. I can't understand the N'do situation, if there even is a situation. Agree with you on O'Connor he's a fine player. Lee Lynch was out of our control. Gaffney is probably gone from what I hear which is a pity, he really came on with Russell at the helm. Barry Ryan going is no real surprise to me and I hope Folan is gone because I never rated him or Robbie Williams for that matter. Oji should be given whatever he wants to re-sign, he's that important IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    It's still very early days in relation to signing players. We seem to forget that over the last few years we barely had a squad before the start of the season. I think we should wait and see what develops over the next few weeks. Russell showed in the summer break he can attract quality players. I reckon there will be a good squad in place shortly. That said it still won't satisfy a few on here who seem to only exist to want to be buds with the players and slam the club. That's only my personal opinion though.
    No we remember which is why we have said we have done our business badly over the last few off seasons. How did barely having a squad before the start of last season work out for us again?

No its people who call it as they see it I have defended the club on numerous things even in this thread for example. I'd say we are slightly less bias one way or another in our views than someone who has a family member working for the club like yourself tbh.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 18/11/2014 at 9:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Sorry I didn't realize that you could only make a point on the basis of someone else making it first
    Just that you seemed to be making out like someone had said the opposite to the points you made which they hadn't.

Limerick have done ****e business in the off season since we got back in to the premier. Last season was comical in fairness but I think Taylor has to take the flack for most of that. We did some good business during the summer when it meant f**k all. I can't understand the N'do situation, if there even is a situation. Agree with you on O'Connor he's a fine player. Lee Lynch was out of our control. Gaffney is probably gone from what I hear which is a pity, he really came on with Russell at the helm. Barry Ryan going is no real surprise to me and I hope Folan is gone because I never rated him or Robbie Williams for that matter. Oji should be given whatever he wants to re-sign, he's that important IMO.
    Agree with almost all of this tbf except I'd keep Williams think he did ok under Russell. Both seasons we have been in prem we have done business in summer when it meant **** all started this season with a far weaker squad than we had ended the previous season with. The Ndo thing is mental if he isn't re-signed than we have basically just saved Sligo a few grand for no real benefit to us at all. Oji I definitely agree with he should have been the first talk to asked what he wanted then given it and work around that never mind this offering Finn big money Oji is more important.

This whole moving back to Markets Field is the last chance we have to get a bit of buzz around the club again and that is why it needs to be done right now more than ever imo.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Why are ye all at each others throats with the various posts.it isnt very professional the way the club has or is handling things with signing players in the off season.letting players like barry ryan go is a big mistake.he still had a lot to offer the team and was worth a good few points the last few seasons.sam oji should be signed up but dont know why?i thought stephen folan had come on a good bit last season.patrick nzuzi since he joined has been a good player for us.if rory goes we will struggle next season to score goals and thats what was a big problem the last two seasons in the premier league.we need to replace him with another top quality striker.shane duggan also needs somebody to help him out in the midfield.jason hughes tries very hard but i think that he isnt up to premier league top level.from a supporters point of view its all very dissappointing what is or isnt going during the off season and its not helping the clubs battle to win over new supporters for the 2015 season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Disappointed to hear that kieran djilali has signed for cork.i thought he wasnt a bad player when he signed mid season.to be honest its not looking good for the team next season so far.most of the big clubs are announcing signings daily.cork have a full squad nearly assembled already.the club then have season tickets up for sale on the net already without having much of a squad put together?martin russell should have the majority of his squad put together by xmas but the way its going i dont know?a lot of the quality players have been signed up and whats left isnt great to be honest.in the last few weeks we have lost 3 good players in barry ryan,lee lynch and now djilali and they havent been replaced so far.nobody seems to know whats happening with rory gaffney?i thought he was supposed to be going to shamrock rovers.it would be great if the club started to announce a few decent signings as they are badly needed.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The timing of the season ticket announcement was strange to say the least. If we do have players signed then surely that was the perfect opportunity to do a double announcement.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I would agree with you there.i dont know to be honest whats going on with the club at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Hearing Conor O Donnell may be over the line and heard we are in with a shout with Robbie Benson. Benson would be a top signing.

Also not very solid but was told we were talking to Paul O Connor too.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its a start i suppose.if they do manage to pull off the signing of ronan finn that would be a coup.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Benson and O'Connor would be two very good signings.

Don't know much about O'Donnell but based on what was said by stu here it would be a good signings.

I'm still hopefully we can hold on to Gaffney. If he was 100% going to Rovers I'd imagine it would be done by now. Gaffney played his best football under Russell and if he is still interested in going to the UK then being our main man might be more beneficial than possibly fighting it out elsewhere for a start.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I dont know much about any of the players mentioned above but if martin russell can get the best out of them.agree you with you about rory.if he was going to rovers it would have been done by now but you never no what will happen.its still very disappointing with the lack of off season signings for the club at the minute.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I heard something about Gaffney going to Cambridge, anyone else hear that rumour?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Havent heard anything.rory would be a big loss as we havent any other decent striker at the minute in the team.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rumour on twitter that gearoid morrissey and rory are heading to cambridge but thats not official yet?just wait and see.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Another rumour going around is that dundalk are looking at rory now.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast