1 Post
    what players are rumoured?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    Barry will be a big loss for us.he saved our skins on many a night over the past few seasons.will be interesting to see who replaces him.still very quiet on the transfer front.all the big guys are making signings but we seem to be keeping things very quiet at the minute.a lot of rumours going around but nothing concrete.they wont get 2500 at the markets field if they dont make a few big name signings in the off season i'm afraid.
    Will the Markets Field even be able to accommodate 2500, I thought the capacity was 2215?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    Will the Markets Field even be able to accommodate 2500, I thought the capacity was 2215?
    Thats the figure as per the tender on e tender.

The latest leakage from the board suggests 3020.

What that 3020 consists of is a mystery.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ronan finn is one that has been circulated but how true is that?they team does need a boost in quality all over to push on from last season and maybe grab a european spot?.pat o sullivan mentioned he needed 2500 to break even in the markets field at the end of last season.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    We need to bring in quality and do well next season to get the ball rolling in the markets field. Pats money isn't there to do so so hard to see how that will happen with out other business people investing in the team.

The club are supposed to have talked to Ronan Finn alright but I'd imagine a few clubs will want him. Other players being talked to also but as of now that's all it is, talks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Abdel Boumaira a winger from Right to Dream is in.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Best of luck to abdel but if thats the best we can up with so far?have lost two good players in barry ryan and lee lynch.the team needs major quality signings for next season and so far nothing is announced.the club website has nothing but underage news?i dont see why the club ever got involved in having so many underage teams.we are one of the only loi clubs to do it.even the under 19's havent been much of a success in providing the senior team with quality players.cork city have been very busy in the off season and we as usual will leave it to the last minute to assemble a good squad.no reason why we couldnt have a squad assembled by this side of christmas.very dissappointing so far.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Well in fairness the club haven't actually issued a statement about signing Abdel, they just mention it because he sent over a picture of himself with friends in Benin with jerseys the club sent over. It's not like they have gone out of their way to try tell us they are making signings.

They seem to be talking to players behind the scenes and haven't made any official statements on signings despite having a few. In the past the club have usually announced a bulk of players in one go so I take it they will do that again. It's still only the second week in November so plenty of time to have a lot of players signed up before Christmas. The fact none of our players have been popping up as signed by other league Ireland clubs is to me a sign we are either still talking to them or they are at least still available. Plenty of good players still not signed back up with their previous clubs elsewhere either.

It would be nice to have some kind of a statement soon though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Best of luck to abdel but if thats the best we can up with so far?have lost two good players in barry ryan and lee lynch.the team needs major quality signings for next season and so far nothing is announced.the club website has nothing but underage news?i dont see why the club ever got involved in having so many underage teams.we are one of the only loi clubs to do it.even the under 19's havent been much of a success in providing the senior team with quality players.cork city have been very busy in the off season and we as usual will leave it to the last minute to assemble a good squad.no reason why we couldnt have a squad assembled by this side of christmas.very dissappointing so far.

Do you know anything at all about him though? Have you seen him play or spoken to anyone that has seen him play? I seem to recall you complained that we were linked with Conor O'Donnell too and then admitted you knew nothing about him . I don't see why you would seem to dismiss someone without knowing anything about him from people from Right to Dream, the lads that went to watch him from the club and a number of lads I have spoken to that he trained with last season with us Abdel is a very exciting signing.

I agree with you we need quality signings and I agree with ya about the 19s but the rest I don't understand. Its hardly a bad thing that we have underage teams. And we have 7-8 players signed already from talking to players they just aren't announced. The fact they aren't announced is a bit annoying but they are happening.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I never dismissed either conor o donnell or abdel i just stated that i didnt know much about them to judge them either way.if you had read my posts properly you would have seen that.anyway they are hardly the players that are going to push for a european spot next season?its not a bad thing having all the underage teams but i dont see that its of a major benefit having baby blues etc?they wont be ready for 10 years or more.the club is trying to do too much too soon.it must be costing a lot of money to keep all those kids teams going?walk before you can run.no loi club have the amount of kids teams that we have.from the limerickfc site it says that it costs 250 euro a year fo
    r a kid under 16.thats a lot of money for most people these days.i dont think that a lot of the local junior clubs like having limerickfc with so many underage teams as they take from their pick.could be wrong?
    Last edited by delboyderis; 16/11/2014 at 4:41 PM. Reason: forgot something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I always thought of all the underage teams as separate, a bit like all the community work etc. Limerick FC isn't just about putting money into the first team either, also I don't really think it's realistic we'll qualify for Europe but stranger things have happened. I'd settle for top half finish again but not so many points behind the top four tho it would be nice to finish higher I don't think the money is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I never dismissed either conor o donnell or abdel i just stated that i didnt know much about them to judge them either way.if you had read my posts properly you would have seen that.anyway they are hardly the players that are going to push for a european spot next season?its not a bad thing having all the underage teams but i dont see that its of a major benefit having baby blues etc?they wont be ready for 10 years or more.the club is trying to do too much too soon.it must be costing a lot of money to keep all those kids teams going?walk before you can run.no loi club have the amount of kids teams that we have.from the limerickfc site it says that it costs 250 euro a year fo
    r a kid under 16.thats a lot of money for most people these days.i dont think that a lot of the local junior clubs like having limerickfc with so many underage teams as they take from their pick.could be wrong?
    On Conor O'Donnell you said "its not a good sign of things to come" On Abdel you said "but if thats the best we can up with so far" and now you have said the bit in bold in your post that is quite clearly making out that these are not good players when you have absolutely no clue about them whatsoever do you? You never stated you didn't know much about them to judge and you quite clearly judged them its there in your own posts you judging them. How can you say that they are hardly the players to push for Europe when you have no idea about either of them.

The underage teams cost the club absolutely nothing that side of the club make their own money to run. And about the junior clubs so what if they aren't happy? They are out for what is best for them and them only and we need to do that is best for us. A load of LOI clubs have the same underage teams we have Shamrock Rovers have had it for years for example. 250 might be a lot of money but nobody is forced to pay it if you want to join you know its that much then its your choice.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If you cared to read a post from nov 7th i did mention that i didnt know much about connor o donnell to judge him as a player.you are very selective in what you want to read.i still think the club should be aiming higher than these two lads and that no disrespect to them.the club shouldnt accept mediocrity,aim high,
    to make things work in limerick the club does need to work with junior clubs and likewise the junior clubs with the club.why dont all the parents/families and kids of these underage teams go to all the home games if they are that benefical?i wouldnt compare limerickfc with shamrock rovers as they are a much bigger club in a bigger city with more support.it was a mistake by foot.ie that put letters in bold.walk before you can run.i just think the club would be better off with a lot less underage teams and let the city junior clubs have the schoolbys and let the club concentrate on having a good senior squad,19's and maybe under 16's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    You can't say the club should be aiming higher than the two lads and then say you have never seen them play or know nothing about them. For all we Abdel is a better winger than anyone in the league and O'Donnell is one of the best prospects around.

I see no harm in the underage, especially if they are paying their own way. For years people in Limerick have said Limerick FC should develop their own players and that they are a nothing club with no structures in place. They are now trying that and still get stick from people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    If you cared to read a post from nov 7th i did mention that i didnt know much about connor o donnell to judge him as a player.you are very selective in what you want to read.i still think the club should be aiming higher than these two lads and that no disrespect to them.the club shouldnt accept mediocrity,aim high,
    to make things work in limerick the club does need to work with junior clubs and likewise the junior clubs with the club.why dont all the parents/families and kids of these underage teams go to all the home games if they are that benefical?i wouldnt compare limerickfc with shamrock rovers as they are a much bigger club in a bigger city with more support.it was a mistake by foot.ie that put letters in bold.walk before you can run.i just think the club would be better off with a lot less underage teams and let the city junior clubs have the schoolbys and let the club concentrate on having a good senior squad,19's and maybe under 16's.

No I read this the fact is you said that after you had already judged him and then you did the same with Boumaira. And now you have again judged them in this post having already said a few times you have no idea about either I mean how is this hard for you to grasp?

What has the parents going to games got to do with whether having these teams is beneficial? And I cant compare us to Shamrock Rovers am considering you said no other club have these underage teams and my comparison was that Shamrock Rovers do I'd say its fair.

What you post makes no sense at all you have on a few occasions now either said you haven't judged 2 players that you knew nothing about or complained that I have said you judged them while judging them in the exact same post. This walk before you can run stuff with regard the underage teams is utter nonsense too.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 17/11/2014 at 12:23 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    We need to bring in quality and do well next season to get the ball rolling in the markets field. Pats money isn't there to do so so hard to see how that will happen with out other business people investing in the team.
    From what I've heard, the money is there for next season. Finn's been made a bigger offer than any of Dundalk/Pats/Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    From what I've heard, the money is there for next season. Finn's been made a bigger offer than any of Dundalk/Pats/Rovers.
    I wonder is it a case though that they are willing to sacrifice the wages of two players to get in Finn? We badly need a marquee signing and while he didn't have his best season with ye last year he would still be a massive signing for us. Guaranteed starter also but might not be with Pats, Dundalk or Rovers.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    These two guys may turn out to be excellent players but to do well in this league you need experienced players.we have lost barry ryan last week who was one of the best keepers in the league and lee jay lynch would have been a top midfielder.its no good trying to replace players of this calibre with young lads.people wont go to the games if the first team hasnt top players playing exciting football.there isnt anything wrong with a certain amount of underage teams but i just think the club has too many at the minute.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    that would be great if it does happen.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    if the parents and kids of these underage teams did go to the games it would bring more revenue to the club.last season the home attendances were less than a 1000 which was terrible.some people only went to a game when their little johnny was playing at the half time kick about and wouldnt be seen again at a game.i dont know how the club keeps going to be honest,theres only a core of die hard supporters who are keeping the show on the road.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast