Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Transfer Rumours 2015

Owen Heary more or less said on Ocean FM this evening that Kevin Devaney will be re-signing with Rovers. Dinny Corcoran and Stephen Beattie also rumoured to be coming here.
    Last edited by sligoman; 26/10/2014 at 5:51 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Owen Heary more or less said on Ocean FM this evening that Kevin Devaney will be re-signing with Rovers. Dinny Corcoran and Stephen Beattie also rumoured to be coming here.
    Few clubs after Beattie apparently, good young player will do well where ever he goes as long as he's playing regularly

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Beattie was the best of the Bohs players I've seen against Rovers this season so would be a good signing for whoever gets him. Devaney back to Sligo should be a no-brainer for both.

Usual rumours around Rovers. Half our squad signing for Pats and half the Pats squad signing for us. Rory Gaffney is both on the verge or signing and not going to leave Limerick under any circumstances. The only non-LOI player I've seen linked with us is Paul Corry, who has no future at Sheffield Wednesday. Nutsy was at Hibs-Hearts today but I don't know in what capacity and realistically we won't be paying for players from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Having obviously seen him a bit more than we have, how do you rate Heary's prospects of becoming a really good manager? Is the praise he got for the Bohs job deserved? Or is it exaggerated due to low expectations coming from the squad and budget he had?
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Usual rumours around Rovers. Half our squad signing for Pats and half the Pats squad signing for us. Rory Gaffney is both on the verge or signing and not going to leave Limerick under any circumstances. The only non-LOI player I've seen linked with us is Paul Corry, who has no future at Sheffield Wednesday. Nutsy was at Hibs-Hearts today but I don't know in what capacity and realistically we won't be paying for players from there.
    Do you think having only the 4th largest budget will inhibit Fenlon?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Do you think having only the 4th largest budget will inhibit Fenlon?
    Well the issue with Croly wasn't the budget even if it was the fourth largest, it was him and the club in general. We offered comparable terms to some of the top players in the league but the players with ambition all signed or re-signed with Dundalk and the Galacticos for good reason. The one player who left Pats for Tallaght has been found out, I think, and may not see out the second year of his contract.

Fenlon won't lack credibility, which will change things more than an increased budget, but he'll get that too and Rovers will have the largest or thereabouts in the league. All in all, with the exception of Sligo, I think there'll be more money milling about the top half of the table than there was this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players return from abroad, and hopefully Nutsy is well-placed to take advantage of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Few clubs after Beattie apparently, good young player will do well where ever he goes as long as he's playing regularly
    Yes, I was impressed with him this season. More so, as I had written him off because Sean McCaffrey tried to sign him at Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Gaffney to Shamrock is nearly done.

Folan to Pats.

Shane O Connor to Cork

Barry Ryan retiring.

In another example of questionable thinking the club are humming and hawing over Sam Oji because he wants a two year deal. Considering he appears willing to settle in Ireland he'd be a top top player for someone to pick up.

Djilalli out as well to lord knows where.

I'm now officially linking us with Danny North, Stephen Rice, Keith Ward, Paul O'Connor, Aaron Greene, Ciaran Kilduff and Gary Rogers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Well the issue with Croly wasn't the budget even if it was the fourth largest, it was him and the club in general. We offered comparable terms to some of the top players in the league but the players with ambition all signed or re-signed with Dundalk and the Galacticos for good reason. The one player who left Pats for Tallaght has been found out, I think, and may not see out the second year of his contract.

Fenlon won't lack credibility, which will change things more than an increased budget, but he'll get that too and Rovers will have the largest or thereabouts in the league. All in all, with the exception of Sligo, I think there'll be more money milling about the top half of the table than there was this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players return from abroad, and hopefully Nutsy is well-placed to take advantage of it.
    With a lack of Champions League money to look forward to our budget might drop by a small bit but we're still in a good position to get good players.

Are you referring to Kenna in your post? Has he been poor this season?

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Patrick McEleney to Celtic from us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    With a lack of Champions League money to look forward to our budget might drop by a small bit but we're still in a good position to get good players.

Are you referring to Kenna in your post? Has he been poor this season?
    He's been in a running battle with Jason McGuinness as to who's the most inept all year. Sent off against Dundalk at 1-0 for thumping somebody and we were three minutes from a cup final and guaranteed Europe before he was bullied off a header by Patterson. He's shown glimpses of class but he's not called captain diagonal for nothing. He and McGuinness were the only experienced CHs available this season, if Croly had been braver an trusted DOC and Cornwall more he might have lasted the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    He's been in a running battle with Jason McGuinness as to who's the most inept all year. Sent off against Dundalk at 1-0 for thumping somebody and we were three minutes from a cup final and guaranteed Europe before he was bullied off a header by Patterson. He's shown glimpses of class but he's not called captain diagonal for nothing. He and McGuinness were the only experienced CHs available this season, if Croly had been braver an trusted DOC and Cornwall more he might have lasted the season.
    What the hell do you do with players when we send them up to Tallaght? They all turn to ****e.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What the hell do you do with players when we send them up to Tallaght? They all turn to ****e.
    Ha, well as I suggested in response to Ezekiel, I don't think the players with ambition are signing for Rovers the last couple of years. I know hindsight is wonderful, but you have to question the hunger of a league-winning captain who immediately moves across the city to a club who haven't challenged for the last couple of years. Rovers indulged him by allowing him to train part-time on a full-time wage - it suited the manager who was on the same arrangement - but it was small-time from club and player.

Rovers have created an atmosphere where we're seen as an easy paycheck, and in many cases the best they'll ever get. We need a proper ******* like Michael O'Neill to sort out the chancers from those who want to achieve something, and Fenlon has shown he can do that (albeit with a big budget) in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Ha, well as I suggested in response to Ezekiel, I don't think the players with ambition are signing for Rovers the last couple of years. I know hindsight is wonderful, but you have to question the hunger of a league-winning captain who immediately moves across the city to a club who haven't challenged for the last couple of years. Rovers indulged him by allowing him to train part-time on a full-time wage - it suited the manager who was on the same arrangement - but it was small-time from club and player.

Rovers have created an atmosphere where we're seen as an easy paycheck, and in many cases the best they'll ever get. We need a proper ******* like Michael O'Neill to sort out the chancers from those who want to achieve something, and Fenlon has shown he can do that (albeit with a big budget) in the past.
    Well you're getting the best left back in the league off us this year, surely you guys can't even mess that one up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well you're getting the best left back in the league off us this year, surely you guys can't even mess that one up.
    You're getting way ahead of yourself. We haven't signed anyone. Bermo is another of many players we let go because he wasn't the finished product at the time and have been suffering against him since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Not a transfer as such, but heard Keith Long to be given the Town job and paid through the off season to build a squad ready to go straight back up. Can see our squad been torn apart with the likes of Jamesy O'Brien, Dillon, Hughes, Alan Byrne and a couple of others being signed by some premier teams.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Not a transfer as such, but heard Keith Long to be given the Town job and paid through the off season to build a squad ready to go straight back up. Can see our squad been torn apart with the likes of Jamesy O'Brien, Dillon, Hughes, Alan Byrne and a couple of others being signed by some premier teams.
    Lot of talk on our forum he has the Bohs job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Lot of talk on our forum he has the Bohs job.
    Will be tough for him to share it with Roddy and Croly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Will be tough for him to share it with Roddy and Croly.
    Ah so you frequent our board on occasions then it seems Inside track says it's a done deal, which of courses means he hasn't got it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    The Kilduff to Pats rumour has been around a while now & the most recent one is that Folan from Limerick after our attempt to get him in the window failed.
    As for those leaving the annual Bermo to Rovers talk has started we had the same thing with Kenna for two years and he went eventually so this could be the year Bermo jumps.The outs IMO will be Quigley (lazy) , Oman (should retire) Foran (poor season).

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast