Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Just an idea

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Just an idea

Myself and a few lads were talking last night over a few pints and started talking about De Town. As the conversation went on we discussed about the possibility of there been a chance of the club putting a roof over Section O side of the ground. What do people on here think of that idea that we came up with? Discuss

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Should have been done years ago but if ever there was a time for it it is now. Section O have simply been phenomenal this season (and in the last few but this season was a whole new level). They are more than just a fans group the work they do to fundraiser and run buses to away games etc deserves acknowledgment from the club and the best way to do that is give them a roof! TC said he felt we'd be better served with a roof over our heads himself during the season so why not give the people what they want.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    I doubt there will be a budget for it I would suggest it's best to look for a club in financial difficulties who are about to close and buy thier stands, Portugal and others bought the purpose built stadiums from the Japanese and Koreans after the 2002 world cup, the gob****es in the FAI thought it was a stupid idea, much better to build the Bertie bowl or redo Landsdown rd and only increase the capacity by a few thousand after spending millions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    I doubt there will be a budget for it I would suggest it's best to look for a club in financial difficulties who are about to close and buy thier stands, Portugal and others bought the purpose built stadiums from the Japanese and Koreans after the 2002 world cup, the gob****es in the FAI thought it was a stupid idea, much better to build the Bertie bowl or redo Landsdown rd and only increase the capacity by a few thousand after spending millions
    We're not looking for stands we are looking for a roof, I'd imaine your idea would be much much more costly

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    If someone could work out how much it'd cost to put in a roof that's up to Premier Licence standard that'd be useful information. I'm sure the club would love to do it if they could afford it. Otherwise as I said on the other thread we're relying on getting funding from the government and over the years we've gotten relatively little of that.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    If someone could work out how much it'd cost to put in a roof that's up to Premier Licence standard that'd be useful information. I'm sure the club would love to do it if they could afford it. Otherwise as I said on the other thread we're relying on getting funding from the government and over the years we've gotten relatively little of that.
    Like I said on the other forum since all these politicians were happy to jump on our bandwagon and get their faces in the papers why don't we pressure them to actually give us something back and before anyone says it all this talk of a regional officer for longford is just another well timed politician stunt.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It's certainly worth a try but Longford has one TD who's a laughing stock in the Dail. I don't think he's in a position to deliver anything even to the county in general.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    If someone could work out how much it'd cost to put in a roof that's up to Premier Licence standard that'd be useful information. I'm sure the club would love to do it if they could afford it.
    I assumed you meant the whole of that side of the ground, you would need to know what you want to get a price for before anyone would give you a quote, a roof for just Section O or to cover that whole side of the pitch ?, Willie Tyrell's dad is in the steel game afaik

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    You'd have to do the whole side really, or it'd just look stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Have always said I would love to have a roof over our side in Section O, was at the ground today and was trying to imagine what it would be like. I don't think it's necessary to have it covered the whole length of the pitch, even if it went between the outer two floodlight pylons it would look well. Definitely something to look into over the coming months..

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    I think the whole side of the pitch would be better, given that we have an away supporters entrance and an area for them, would be good if we could provide some cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keen2win View Post
    I think the whole side of the pitch would be better, given that we have an away supporters entrance and an area for them, would be good if we could provide some cover.
    Good shout, kill 2 birds with the one stone.