Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk V Cork

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Dundalk V Cork

Thought Id start a match thread, as its the main game of the weekend/season (sorry Galway and Shels fans)

All tickets sold out in Oriel at lunchtime! Club have said they are trying to get permission to sell more

Seen this on the Cork forum, Poor ****er

"Travelled to Dundalk this morning....Warning to anyone thinking of same....refused tickets....any suspicion that you are a City supporter you are turned away....they said they are on high alert for any Cork people. Wasted journey"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Respect to that Cork fan. Is a Dundalk accent that difficult to imitate?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    wan ticket hay ...... dead on hay !!

so no tickets at all available ? was thinking about sending the missus (a local....ssshh) up to get get me a ticket.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    wan ticket hay ...... dead on hay !!

so no tickets at all available ? was thinking about sending the missus (a local....ssshh) up to get get me a ticket.
    I'd be amazed if more don't go on sale. It's a question of getting approval to increase the capacity. I've been at European games in Oriel Park when there were over 10,000 in attendance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    From Dundalks Facebook just now

Due to an incredible demand for tickets this morning, Dundalk FC have suspended ticket sales for Friday's Cork City match. We will keep supporters updated on this situation via our website and our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Due to an incredible demand for tickets this morning, Dundalk FC have suspended ticket sales for Friday’s Cork City match.

We will update this page if and when further tickets are released for sale.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/cork-tickets-sale/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    People want to buy tickets...suspend ticket sales. Ah the League of Irelabd.

Really great occasion to look forward to. It doesn't look like I'll make it down to Sligo for our game so I look forward to watching it.

Hoping for a Cork win myself. Who are other non Dundalk/Cork fans up for?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    People want to buy tickets...suspend ticket sales. Ah the League of Irelabd.

Really great occasion to look forward to. It doesn't look like I'll make it down to Sligo for our game so I look forward to watching it.

Been routing for Dundalk all season so not going to change now, the obvious Stephen Kenny connection would probably have a lot of longford folk feeling the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Some City fans out at Bishopstown queueing for tickets since 10/11 this morning. Members were able to purchase over the weekend and the remainder go on sale at 5:30 to Season Ticket holders. There won't be anywhere near enough. No chance they reach general sale tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I remember the bedlam of getting tickets in 1991 for the league decider against Cork. Things were simpler back then, no fuss over health and safety and no segregation.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Been routing for Dundalk all season so not going to change now, the obvious Stephen Kenny connection would probably have a lot of longford folk feeling the same.
    Yeah I'd prefer Dundalk, more for Vinny Perth than Kenny tbh. Not that I have any particular ill feeling towards Kenny just Vinny is a proper Town legend and was a bit hard done by in his spell as caretaker manager IMO.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post

its really hard to call.
    Dundalk :
    I like their high tempo football and they have looked so impressive at times, so well drilled and efficient, with a couple of individual high performers, but generally a powerful unit. theres also the current "local" connection for me I'll basically be claiming back to back champions if they win.
    On the flip side, a part of me is giddy at the prospect of them bottling it. no offence lads. I went totally off Kenny last year with some of the tripe he was coming out with and again at the start of this year - really cant stand the man anymore.
    Also "we are the champions" episode, some of the dundalk fans on twitter, and letting off flares when they win the coin toss have helped increase the possibly enjoyment from the bottling.

Cork : I will probably get stick for this, but they would be the worst "champions" I have seen in my time. I'm not debating the fact that , all that matters is who is on top at the end of the year, style of football doesnt mater bla bla bla etc etc, but IMO and from what i have seen etc, they are a bang average side that have got to where they are with a massive contribution from sides faltering. I know this is the case every year to a degree, but the degree seems a lot largere this year. Again, from my limited experience, they are a horrible team, in terms of how they play and the persistent fouling. They will also get spanked in Europe.
    But credit where its due, they kept plugging away all year, and deserve to be where they are. Also work well as a unit and are well drilled without any super stars.
    Add the champions tag in with that massive chip on the shoulder and the bragging from Cork would be intoxicating next year if they did it, not sure i could handle it.

Tough one to call, but seeing as i cant get odds on them both choking, i think i would be in favour Dundalk getting over the line..... i think....maybe.... i cant decide

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah I'd prefer Dundalk, more for Vinny Perth than Kenny tbh. Not that I have any particular ill feeling towards Kenny just Vinny is a proper Town legend and was a bit hard done by in his spell as caretaker manager IMO.
    Ah don't want to hijack the thread but his performance as manager was poor to say the least, maybe now that he has some good experience in the LSL and with Dundalk under his belt he might have done better but at the time we really were crap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    whatever happens its just great to be a part of this. I'm trying my best to just savour every positive moment this season expecting it all to fall through sooner or later. This week is gonna be mental. I want the game to be here but I also want to really enjoy the week.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    After the way Dundalk struggled to cope with the conditions in the Carlisle Grounds I'd say a lot of Cork people are hoping for a nice big storm during this game. I'm inclined to feel the same as the game on Friday night was as entertaining an LOI game as I've seen in years.

Edit, current Met Eireann comment on Friday: "Temperatures look like taking a dip on Friday as rain affects the south and east, with some heavy falls likely. Daytime highs will only range from 10 to 13 degrees."

I don't really care who wins it, but it would make me smile to see Stephen Kenny miss out.
    Last edited by Mr A; 20/10/2014 at 3:02 PM.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Ah don't want to hijack the thread but his performance as manager was poor to say the least, maybe now that he has some good experience in the LSL and with Dundalk under his belt he might have done better but at the time we really were crap
    It's history now but just from what I heard his exit could have been handled better considering his history with the club. Back to the topic now anyway!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    After the way Dundalk failed to cope with the conditions in the Carlisle Grounds I'd say a lot of Cork people are hoping for a nice big storm during this game.
    At least the pitch would be consistently and allow the ball be played on the deck. Strong winds do cause some problems with ball roll when kicking a dead ball though.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Seen this on the Cork forum, Poor ****er

"Travelled to Dundalk this morning....Warning to anyone thinking of same....refused tickets....any suspicion that you are a City supporter you are turned away....they said they are on high alert for any Cork people. Wasted journey"
    That's made my day. I can only imagine the lad waddling up to the ticket desk dressed in all white, muttering about Dwawda and his six-fingered neighbours, only to be rumbled when the seller catches a glimpse of the Cork City shirt he's had stitched to his skin.

Anyway, won't be able to see this as I'll be in Tallaght (is it confirmed for 7.45 or have RTE moved it? Suppose it won't impact attendances anyway) but will watch the playback later on. Don't really care who wins so hopefully just a high-quality game of football.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I don't know how I can concentrate on anything else this week. I'll be a bag if nerves on Friday. While I think if we play to our best we can beat Cork we haven't played well lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Three years ago, I saw Dundalk battered by Waterford in the first leg of a relegation play off, and escape with an incredulous draw. The following Friday, I drove down to Waterford for the second leg hoping for a miracle.

This was against the backdrop of the club being in dire financial straits.

The league decider with Cork doesn't come near the pressure and importance of that game.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast