Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundalk V Cork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Can't imagine what's going through the minds of Dundalk and Cork fans at the moment, sleepless night ahead I guess. Even longer day tomorrow. I would say enjoy the game but I know you won't be able to.

I hope it's a good game of football for what will be a capacity crowd and possibly the biggest ever tv audience for a league game in this country.

I really hope that Neil Doyle doesn't ruin the game.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Surely even he couldn't award a foul against Cork City?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Surely even he couldn't award a foul against Cork City?
    He has a lot of making up to do, that's for sure. Although the 2 points he stole from us against Bohs actually didn't matter in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Can't imagine what's going through the minds of Dundalk and Cork fans at the moment, sleepless night ahead I guess.
    I actually had a great sleep. Much better than normal. I was far more concerned before the Bray game. I think it's easier being in second place. The pressure is on the league leaders.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    I actually had a great sleep. Much better than normal. I was far more concerned before the Bray game. I think it's easier being in second place. The pressure is on the league leaders.
    I'm not sure the Cork players are reading this but good effort anyway
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

7. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I feel like a child at Christmas waking up today but my nerves are shot.. don't know how tonight is gona go it will be a close game I'd say very cagey at the start.. May the best team win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Normally I'd agree with you, but for our lads, no matter what happens tonight it's been an amazing, better than expected season. We want to win the league, but bringing it to tonight was an incredible achievement in itself. I think, for your guys losing tonight would be seen as the greatest bottling in a long time so it's a different kind of pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Match day information for anyone attending. Both sets of supporters should read it.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/matchday-information-cork/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Idon't know how tonight is gona go it will be a close game I'd say very cagey at the start.
    Dundalk won't be cagey, they will attack at a high tempo from the off, just like the previous game in Oriel Park. It's more difficult for Cork, playing for a draw introduces uncertainity.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Some quality mind games here folks. Top notch.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I'm not playing mind games. Just stating that I was more nervous against Bray due to the weather. At least the match tonight will be played on a surface that will permit football regardless of any wind or rain.

It will always be in the back of the Cork players minds that they only need a draw.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Good to see the league promoting the game.
    That video annoys me. Start off with a dramatic intro (fair enough) - and then cut to someone sitting talking for a while. Then the first goal you show is a daisy cutter. No sense of how to build a sense of drama. Healy's overhead should be the first clip. Then Dundalk's goal in Dalymount.

Whole thing just seems well-intentioned but amateur. Conforming to every Premiership fan's stereotype unfortunately.

I think that's a (fairly small) opportunity missed.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    The new stand is looking the business.

Cork fans will be squeezed into a smaller area but will have a great view of it (if not the pitch).

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Dundalk battered us 4-0 up there earlier in the season, and if we are honest they destroyed us for long periods in the first half in Turners Cross - How it was not 3-0 to the Town at half time I’ll never know. Given that, and the fact that Dundalk once strung 136 passes together before scoring against Pats early in the season - it will be a minor miracle if Dundalk don't win at least 5-0 tonight - anything less than that and Kenny should get the sack.

Another issue is this thing about Cork City going the whole season without conceding a free kick. Now it’s been a hell of an effort so far, but surely with the title on the line tonight someone is going to have to make some sort of an effort at a tackle. Then the obvious anti-cork bias referees / linesmen and 4th official are going to start giving frees and cards against us - and lots. Let’s face it, they have been waiting all season for this.

Lastly, we won't be able to compete on this all-weather hockey pitch that ye play on. Dundalk have also refused to deny that there will be extra watering on the ends the Town will be attacking pre match and at half time - while Fans / Dryers are to be employed at the City end to stunt our attacking play. I’m all for the accentuation of home advantage – surely this is a step too far!

All in all any result will be a minor miracle for us - we are just happy to be still in with a chance.

All the pressure is on Dundalk.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Dundalk battered us 4-0 up there earlier in the season, and if we are honest they destroyed us for long periods in the first half in Turners Cross - How it was not 3-0 to the Town at half time I’ll never know. Given that, and the fact that Dundalk once strung 136 passes together before scoring against Pats early in the season - it will be a minor miracle if Dundalk don't win at least 5-0 tonight - anything less than that and Kenny should get the sack.

Another issue is this thing about Cork City going the whole season without conceding a free kick. Now it’s been a hell of an effort so far, but surely with the title on the line tonight someone is going to have to make some sort of an effort at a tackle. Then the obvious anti-cork bias referees / linesmen and 4th official are going to start giving frees and cards against us - and lots. Let’s face it, they have been waiting all season for this.

Lastly, we won't be able to compete on this all-weather hockey pitch that ye play on. Dundalk have also refused to deny that there will be extra watering on the ends the Town will be attacking pre match and at half time - while Fans / Dryers are to be employed at the City end to stunt our attacking play. I’m all for the accentuation of home advantage – surely this is a step too far!

All in all any result will be a minor miracle for us - we are just happy to be still in with a chance.

All the pressure is on Dundalk.
    Don't worry. We have left sick bags, immodium, and extra toilet rolls in the away changing room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Why did the Dundalk players and management look disappointed after drawing with Bray when, in fact, it put all the pressure on Cork? Trying to choose between going for a win or a draw is clearly going to eat them alive.

If Cork had any sense they would have knocked the ball into their own net late on against Bohs... idiots... talk about putting needless pressure on yourself.

In all seriousness though, Cork needing a win in Dundalk would have been a massive ask. Conceding the first goal would have been almost fatal. Scoring the first goal would now would put them in a seriously strong position. In other words, I totally disagree with the MNS boys on Monday night, having a draw to fall back on is hugely beneficial for Cork City. Still a big ask though.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 24/10/2014 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I hope I am wrong in saying this but I think Cork will win the title.

Playing 50 odd games combined with the fact there has been a lot of pressure on Dundalk this season to do one better than last year has gotten to the players as even the fans (I've been a nervous wreck for months now because of it) feel it. I would also agree that all the pressure is on Dundalk tonight while Cork are like Dundalk last year and nothing is expected of them.

I can see tonight being a very scrappy affair being very similar to Dundalk V Sham Rovers were Dundalk started playing hoof ball and not playing it on the ground like we normally do.

Think tonight will end in a draw with maybe a red card near the end.
    Last edited by eamoss; 24/10/2014 at 12:22 PM.
    Children in the dark cause accidents.
    Accidents in the dark cause children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Can't imagine what's going through the minds of Dundalk and Cork fans at the moment, sleepless night ahead I guess. Even longer day tomorrow. I would say enjoy the game but I know you won't be able to.

I hope it's a good game of football for what will be a capacity crowd and possibly the biggest ever tv audience for a league game in this country.

Basically everything you mentioned there I can tick off, sleepless night, and day is bloody dragging!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I have a phone interview at 8pm and when it was arranged last night to accommodate the interviewer in Saskatchewan I nearly postponed it because of the match tonight. I'm even sick with worry at the prospect of what's about to transpire at Oriel. God knows how ye lot are.

HON DUNDALK!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Bit of cloud cover in Dundalk tonight it seems:

26. Thanks From:

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast