Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LOI 32nd Round and play-off fixture. Friday17th October

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Dundalk are still big favourites, IMO. This has probably worked out quite well for them. Kenny would have been reduced to a gibbering wreck by the pressure and uncertainty of sending a team out to draw. Now they can simply play without inhibitions.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Dundalk are still big favourites, IMO. This has probably worked out quite well for them. Kenny would have been reduced to a gibbering wreck by the pressure and uncertainty of sending a team out to draw. Now they can simply play without inhibitions.
    I agree Dundalk are probably still favourites to win it but we have just put ourselves in a great position where we can afford a draw. Also refreshing to hear Billy dennehy say that the plastic pitch doesn't make any difference so hoping that argument won't be a part in the build up to this game. This time around Colin Healy has to play instead of being left out over the worry of an injury on the astro turf, too big of a game to leave a big player like him out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Could the FAI not insist on a temporary stand for this match? And then stop people from sitting in it.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    No chance of a temporary stand? Ye would make a killing off it for sure
    The problem is that we are unlikely to be able to fit in all the home fans who are looking for tickets. If we were to put up an additional temporary stand for Cork fans, we would have to turn away home fans. You could imagine the reaction to that in Dundalk.

It's a pity we cannot cater for all the Cork fans who want to come. I know some clubs who would leave parts of their ground empty rather then accommodate away fans. However, this is not what is happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ah suppose never thought of that alright.. shame as we would of brought double if not triple of what will be there I'd say but yeah also a lot of your fans will miss out too which is unfortunate

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    O'Sullivan's half-time rant was very Delia Smith. Seemed to be having a go at the supporters who actually go to games, as if it's their fault that Limerick doesn't care about its football team. Screaming down the microphone like a mad man.
    I felt the same as you as I stood there in the rain, with flu, having travelled up from Cork straight after work to watch. I should have brought my extended family if I was a real fan apparently. Not sure he really needed to be on the pitch to deliver his address either.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    The problem is that we are unlikely to be able to fit in all the home fans who are looking for tickets. If we were to put up an additional temporary stand for Cork fans, we would have to turn away home fans. You could imagine the reaction to that in Dundalk.

It's a pity we cannot cater for all the Cork fans who want to come. I know some clubs who would leave parts of their ground empty rather then accommodate away fans. However, this is not what is happening.
    You could always change the game and come down to the cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    [QUOTE=sligoman;1785176]It's absolutely hilarious if Dundalk have managed to throw the league away to a poor Cork side right at the end. Cork should be able to secure at least a draw there now.[/QUOTE
    Does that mean that sligo are **** so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    The club are making sure the real fans get the the tickets with trustees and members getting tickets today and tomorrow and season ticket holders like myself on Monday. Yeah we annoyingly sit way too deep but one goal for ye and its all changed so yes we will have to our fair share of defending but also important to try for a goal when possible. No chance of a temporary stand? Ye would make a killing off it for sure
    Now Now Patrick whats this about REAL FANS. So the club I support and have done since 1984 has 300 or so REAL FANS. Foras members and Season ticket holders are real fans now eh. What about the other 3,500 of us that turn up week in week out and attend away game's as well. The forgotten majority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Maybe that came across a bit harsh on the people that are not members or ticket holders, bit of selfishness too as I can't relax not being sure about getting a ticket tomorrow.. so to refrase I don't care who gets a ticket as long as I do

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strikeforce View Post

Does that mean that sligo are **** so.
    Our results (or lack of) in Turners Cross have probably played a part in Corks point total this season. The first game there we were the better team and lost and in the second game we missed a last minute penalty to grab a deserved draw. Story of our season really.
    Last edited by redobit; 19/10/2014 at 8:01 PM.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    Our results (or lack of) in Turners Cross have probably played a part in Corks point total this season. The first game there we were the better team and lost and in the second game we missed a last minute penalty to grab a deserved draw. Story of our season really.
    Any truth to these Owen Heary rumours, does anyone know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    first ive heard, care to elaborate?

And redobit, you drew in your first game in Cork thanks to a late penalty given away by substitute defender Kalen Spillane, while you lost a few weeks ago due to a penalty save by McNulty. That penalty was given away by Michael McSweeney, who was a substitute defender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Some people in Sligo are saying Heary is all but signed up to manage them next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I hope the 10 Cork lads that routinely turn up in Oriel Park will get tickets. It would be ridiculous if they are forgotten about.
    Tickets are being distributed as fairly as possible. Members first, then season ticket holders. I would assume most of the away travelling lads or 1 or both (the ones I know are anyway).

In fairness, it's always been stated that FORAS members would get first dibs on tickets, as they should, at any time in the last couple of weeks people could have signed up. Tickets were also sold online for a spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    With so few tickets being made available there are bound to be people let down. You have to give Members first refusal and then season ticket holders or else theres no benefit to paying all that money. I've been paying two memberships for 5 years now and that equates to over 5000 euro. I've only claimed one ticket for that but even if I had taken two I'd deserve it.

There may be some lads who travel to every away game and if they aren't season ticket holders at the very least you'd have to ask why not? If we were selling out every game every week then maybe you could look at an away travel scheme but this has so rarely been an issue in LOI history.

I have friends who are season ticket holders and travel to 10-15 away games a season but who aren't guaranteed a ticket for this game and I'll be gutted if they don't get one but we all knew for months this game was coming and if it mattered this was likely to be the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Some people in Sligo are saying Heary is all but signed up to manage them next season.
    That's the rumours alright. Only rumours mind.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    said it all season.... Cork have a chance.

It will be a bit of a travesty and a slap in the face to good football, but all that matters is who's top at the end of the year. How poor they are compared to previous champions is meaningless.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Personally the only definition of good football I think is worth anything is outscoring your opposition. Agree though that comparisons to previous years are meaningless. People always, always think the league is getting progressively worse with the possible exeption of the years when several clubs were in the process of spending themselves to near or actual death.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast