Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland (A); 14th November, 2014; Ticket Exchange Thread

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I have bought two separate lots of tickets. The first lot automatically gave me the option of post. Then I have been reading that the majority who have purchased in the last week all have to pick up in person. I purchased another 2 tickets today and it came up with 'pick up in person' so I had a play around with the site to see if I could find where the option might be and lo and behold.....
    I land in glasgow -early morning of the game -so ill bail out to parkhead and get tickets before i head to the hotel
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    i have 4 bought for the lisbon lions end block 417. i have also applied for 6 via the fai but i didn't want to risk missing out. i live in london so having them posted here.

if the FAI ones come through i may look to shift either the away ones or the ones i bought.

like others, i expect at least 7 or 8k irish at the game. when ireland play in london they get a good crowd of ex-pats and there are loads heading up as 'home' fans for this that i've seen. lots of bandwagoners but how bad.
    Last edited by zero; 20/10/2014 at 4:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    loads more tickets have become available in Lisbon lions ends on the sfa site folks
    My Country is My Club.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Looks like everyone who wants to get in, will do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Lads, looks like sections nearest to away support are now on General Sale also. I've just checked the SFA website as well and there are plenty inLL lower and upper in the sections right up to the away section quadrant.

I think this means the Irish wont get an increase in allocation from the 3.2k
    Aye, looks that way. I understand the SFA were tweeting that the game was a sell-out last week... Clearly, that wasn't the case at all, especially if they were still planning this. I have a feeling blocks 116 and 117 might initially have been held back for possible FAI extra allocation, but the SFA have now decided to put them on general sale today, so it's looking like the FAI section is limited to only 118-120, unfortunately, and the FAI have only been made aware of this today. It means the tickets I got will be a block or two away in 115 from our main body of support now, rather than right along the segregation line, as I'd originally thought, so it's a bit annoying also from a personal perspective.

However, I had a look at what tickets were available earlier on today and whilst most of 116 was available (there are still a few there even now), there were only a scattered few left throughout 117 (which is now sold out), so I suspect quite a lot buying in there would have been Irish fans as most buyers were clearly specifically choosing that block over the others available. Why else would purchasers be choosing the block furthest away into the corner when there'd be tickets of the same price with a better view still available elsewhere if not to be closer to the designated away section?

Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    I land in glasgow -early morning of the game -so ill bail out to parkhead and get tickets before i head to the hotel
    We'll get into Glasgow off the train from Manchester at 3PM. It's slightly later than we'd have liked, but it's the best we can do. We'll quickly drop off our stuff and be on our way. Just sorted accommodation for four now on Airbnb.com in a flat ten minutes walk south of Central Station. The match tickets can be picked up until kick-off so don't think we should worry too much. We should be OK getting them close to kick-off, I'd imagine, rather than us requiring two trips out to Celtic Park that afternoon? I don't want to leave it too late, obviously, but if they're available for collection up until kick-off, I'd have to imagine the office would be capable of dealing with an inevitable late surge. Will most be gathering in city centre before hand or out around Celtic Park for the build-up?

For the minute, we've also decided to hold what we have in block 115 rather than buying more in 116 or 117 as they're all home section anyway and having to pick up two batches and then sell on tickets for, more or less, the same section of the ground might be more hassle than it's really worth just to be a slight bit closer to the away section.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Exactly. Though just hope the SFA come up with a more credible collection scheme than Celtic do when they've had big games as their's was pretty awful at times...

May just give them a wee ring and advise them, well make 'discrete enquiries'!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Danny, the area around Celtic Park is a bit rough and ready. Plenty of spit and sawdust boozers for a last couple of drinks before kick off maybe but you wouldn't want to spend the day up there.

EDIT: However, I notice you don't get in until 3pm. By the time you've picked up keys to your digs, dropped the bags, collected your match tickets - Thats probably going to take an hour or two. Its probably a good 45 min walk from the city centre to the ground or 20+ mins in a taxi/bus (dependent on match traffic). So you might get an hour or 2 at most in the city centre before you'll need to start heading in the direction of Celtic Park at least.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Danny, the area around Celtic Park is a bit rough and ready. Plenty of spit and sawdust boozers for a last couple of drinks before kick off maybe but you wouldn't want to spend the day up there.
    Aye, had a quick look around the area on Google Street View and, although obviously urban, it looks fairly barren. Reminded me of the area around the City of Manchester Stadium. I often see eager away fans arriving or making their way up to the stadium early on match days only to have thier excitement dampened by the realisation upon having a wander about that, bar a chippy and one or two run-down pubs, there's barely anything to appeal to the senses up there. And so they end up asking for directions back to the city centre.

EDIT: However, I notice you don't get in until 3pm. By the time you've picked up keys to your digs, dropped the bags, collected your match tickets - Thats probably going to take an hour or two. Its probably a good 45 min walk from the city centre to the ground or 20+ mins in a taxi/bus (dependent on match traffic). So you might get an hour or 2 at most in the city centre before you'll need to start heading in the direction of Celtic Park at least.
    We'll head straight to the flat (in Norfolk Street) off the train and the fella says he'll be there to give us keys, let us in and dump our bags as he knows we're heading to the game. Norfolk Street is about a ten minute walk from Glasgow Central, as far as I can make out. We'd be all ready to be on our way by 3:45PM at very latest (hopefully). Would you recommend sticking about the more hospitable city centre and picking up the tickets after heading out to ground then; maybe start heading towards ground at around 6PM, probably by taxi? If we've a bit of time to spare then after getting the tickets, I'm sure we'll find a pub there. I think that'd be less hassle and less time-consuming than trying to head out to ground for the collection of tickets, back into the city centre and then back out to the ground again for the game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    We'll head straight to the flat (in Norfolk Street) off the train and the fella says he'll be there to give us keys, let us in and dump our bags as he knows we're heading to the game. Norfolk Street is about a ten minute walk from Glasgow Central, as far as I can make out. We'd be all ready to be on our way by 3:45PM at very latest (hopefully). Would you recommend sticking about the more hospitable city centre and picking up the tickets after heading out to ground then; maybe start heading towards ground at around 6PM, probably by taxi? If we've a bit of time to spare then after getting the tickets, I'm sure we'll find a pub there. I think that'd be less hassle and less time-consuming than trying to head out to ground for the collection of tickets, back into the city centre and then back out to the ground again for the game.
    Yeah, I think you're probably best having a few beers in the city. Like you say, get a cab around 6pm (so still beating the football fan exodus), pick up the tickets, might be a bit of a queue but you should be all done for 6:30-6:45. Then head in to one of the boozers around the LL side of the ground. Plenty to choose from, all rough kips but just what any discerning football fan wants!

There is the London Road Tavern or the Springfield Vaults on the corner of London Rd/Springfield Rd or the delightful little bohemian'esque Oak Bar further up on Springfield Road (a personal favourite of mine and one not to be missed for any first time visitor to Glasgows East End ) all within a couple of minutes walk from the ticket office. Plenty more up on Tollcross Road / Gallowgate within a 5-10 minute walk from the ground.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

11. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I bought 4, 2 x 2 seperate occassions - the smart ones selected standard postage by being the most intelligent on the site, by using their time wisely not formulating convoluting posts, but getting tickets posted out instead.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    the smart ones selected standard postage by being the most intelligent on the site, by using their time wisely not formulating convoluting posts, but getting tickets posted out instead.
    not just a "Proper Fan" but your also a self declared genius Paul

Congrats on selecting the postage option.....your gonna go far!!!!
    Last edited by back of the net; 21/10/2014 at 6:40 PM.
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    I bought 4, 2 x 2 seperate occassions - the smart ones selected standard postage by being the most intelligent on the site, by using their time wisely not formulating convoluting posts, but getting tickets posted out instead.
    Hehe, well, there's being smart, and then there's being a smart alec...

Not all purchases gave the option of postage. I had no problem spotting the option when I went on a few days after I first bought ours. I didn't rush the first time either. I actually went back to have a good, careful look for the elusive postage option and ended up losing my place in the queue due to timing out before having to queue again for another half an hour or so. No such option existed. The second time, a few days later, the option for postage was very obvious on a line directly above the tickets in the basket. In fact, I trialed reserving a few on the second occasion to see what it would say and it selected postage by default that time. Obviously, something was different.

Another poster on YBIG experienced similar inconsistency: http://www.ybig.ie/forum/match-ticke...ml?KW=#1544162

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    I have bought tickets in the North Stand and having them posted to Scotland and then went back on and got tickets for Upper Lisbon Lions 414 about 50 mins later and they did not give an option to have them posted and went straight to collect in person .... So something changed during the process

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    not just a "Proper Fan" but your also a self declared genius Paul

Congrats on selecting the postage option.....your gonna go far!!!!
    You're.

I am.

DI I went to basket on purpose but for a different reason and then was wondering how you couldn't see the option I just assumed you had skipped it and selected the default value from the select list. I also assumed that by editing your selection it would give the option - which it does - but it seems rather stupid that by going straight it doesn't let you unless for some reason they think you are buying home and away tickets or some other merchandise and hence a "basket".
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    Hopeful of getting tickets officially but no harm joining list I suppose?
    Will remove myself if Successful.

Wanted (16)

DannyInvincible (2)
    Prince20 (2)
    IsMiseSean (2)
    Jayc90 (2)
    the-blue-harp (2)
    davey (2)
    AidoP (2)
    Armando(2)
    Bonnie?
    Duffer?

Available (0)

I think that's the updated list? Sorry if I missed anyone.
    Don't know if anyone's updating this, but out of interest, presuming all the people still looking are happy to take tickets for any part of the ground, in which case should definitely have 1-2 spares, though can't be collected until the day...see posts passim!

Unsure who these should be offered to now? Prince20?

Anyone want to have a go at this? Can't edit the OP...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    And unsure re.the fixation with postage. Tickets far more likely to go missing in the mail, than when they have to be collected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Aye, I wouldn't have wanted postage anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Don't know if anyone's updating this, but out of interest, presuming all the people still looking are happy to take tickets for any part of the ground, in which case should definitely have 1-2 spares, though can't be collected until the day...see posts passim!

Unsure who these should be offered to now? Prince20?

Anyone want to have a go at this? Can't edit the OP...
    I can't actually edit it either as posts can only be edited within a certain time-frame from when first posted. Think it's 24 hours or something like that.

I'm not sure what the rules are either on whether or not I can continue waiting on the list for away section tickets whilst there are home tickets available. That scenario doesn't appear to be covered in the rules. If I should remove myself in accordance with the rules, I will do so. In the meantime, you might as well offer them to Prince20, but if she doesn't want to accept home section tickets, I'm not sure that should bar her from retaining her place in the queue and seeking away section ones if they become available later. Could someone/a mod maybe clarify this point?

I think this is the updated list:

Wanted (20)

DannyInvincible (2)
    Prince20 (2)
    IsMiseSean (2)
    Jayc90 (2)
    the-blue-harp (2)
    davey (2)
    AidoP (2)
    Armando(2)
    Duffer (2)
    BonnieShels (2)
    back of the net (2)

Available (2)

ArdeeBhoy (2) (Home section)

Should Duffer be on the list? I've had a quick scan through but don't see a post from him. Did I miss it?...

Edit: Just adding in Duffer. Had indeed missed him. Cheers, AB!

19. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Post #47, Danny. And it's 'her'. She had tickets through me years ago!

Plus suspect some of those have tickets through other sources or won't update their status?

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Post #47, Danny. And it's 'her'. She had tickets through me years ago!
    Duly noted and edited. The masculine name had me fooled.

Plus suspect some of those have tickets through other sources or won't update their status?
    Rule 9 applies:

"9) If you have spares and you PM the person on top of the waiting list and they don't reply within 24 hours, you can PM the next person on the list (and so on)."

As I said, skip me - it's away section tickets I'm after - as we await clarification.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Ok, but suspect all the 'away' tickets are accounted for unless the FAI got more, but guess the SFA turning a blind eye to loads of Irish fans buying in home areas and hence leading to no segregation is their way 'round this', though the SFA would never admit it.
    Especially as there would be relative uproar in certain strands of the local, er, media if they admitted to this.

Plus the cops/UEFA might take a dim view, but ultimately it's the SFA's fault, probably.
    Though only if something goes wrong. which it probably won't.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I will also have two available.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast