Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pats away (18/8/14)

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts

Pats away (18/8/14)

Some result tonight. Russell seriously impressing so far, and what a recent run of form for Gaffney. Of course it means he'll be gone next season, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Yeah, some super results alright. Let's hope we manage to keep him. Pats must be wondering what is going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    We'd be top of the league now if we had gone with the likes of Russell from the start of the season.He is really showing up Stuart Taylor.His straight talking is a breath of fresh air too after the cliche ridden Taylor interviews. The sky is the limit for us next year provided the Markets Field move goes ahead. Any developments on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Saw Soccer Republic, great strike by Gaffney, real determination to make sure he got the shot away and placed it really well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    We'd be top of the league now if we had gone with the likes of Russell from the start of the season.He is really showing up Stuart Taylor.His straight talking is a breath of fresh air too after the cliche ridden Taylor interviews. The sky is the limit for us next year provided the Markets Field move goes ahead. Any developments on this?
    I'm no Taylor apologist but have a bit of perspective man. Replacing Taylor who had a solid 1st season with Russell who was assistant at St Pats at the time? The same Russell who had flirted with relegation more than once with UCD? There would have been uproar.

Great result and everything going well with the new man. Haven't been to a home game in a few weeks but really looking forward to the next one.

Back in the Ski McGee days (bear with me) Ger Finnan (again, bear with me...) used to send out a mailshot with a poster promoting the upcoming game encouraging people to print them out and stick them up in their local/corner shop/cinema/barber/sex shop to try and get bums on seats. Any chance the club could strike while the iron is hot and chance this again? Can't remember the last time I saw anything like this.

There's enough lads on this with insider knowledge, how about sending some info in the other direction and asking the club to do this?
    Ha?

6. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fantastic result indeed, sounds like we pushed on in the 2nd half and gave it a good go and got the goal something which we failed to do in Dundalk always felt against Dundalk if we took the lead we were capable of holding on . We're lucky to still have gaffney there very hard to see him being with us next season, the Oji folan partnership has come on leaps and bounds we need to try and keep them both and Barry Ryan made some more crucial saves best keeper in the league I think .I though we struggled to get crowds 700 for the champions of ireland shocking that there crowds seem to be dwindling away to nothing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Great win and performance. I'm hopeful Rory will stay. He is happy at the club and the grass is not always greener.

Shocking crowd. Now we can't talk as our attendances are even worse but sad to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    I'd assume a great degree of a the title-winning bandwagon has died off as we head into the final stretch of this season.