Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24th/25th rounds LOI August 15th - 18th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Brennan and Beattie sent off at Dalymount for a clash off the ball. 2-1 now, Byrne scoring after Brennan had levelled.
    Anyone hear what this was about? Didn't see it myself. All I know is that Buttimer took an eternity to restart the game. Really did milk the occasion.

Drogs were awful tonight and Bohs deserved the three points.

Jason Byrne showing his class by celebrating in front of the Drogs fans... At least he missed an absolute sitter.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    It was certainly that all right - due to the inability to get the crucial goal until late in the game. On another night it could have easily been 5-0 based on the clear-cut chances created. An inspired Barry Ryan in goals combined with poor finishing kept the game on a knife edge.

Kudos to Limerick for their organisation and work-rate - the middle three of Lynch, Hughes and Duggan were especially impressive. However they created very few chances and one goal was always likely to be enough to win the match

A point in Sligo on Monday would be satisfactory but a win is really the achievable target
    Ye'll beat us no problem on Monday night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Anyone hear what this was about? Didn't see it myself. All I know is that Buttimer took an eternity to restart the game. Really did milk the occasion.
    I was wondering why the two lads were sent off, then I see Buttimer was the ref. No need to wonder anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Putrid game of football in front of a very small crowd in the Carlisle Grounds. Two teams just intent on lumping the ball forward. In the middle of all that Zayed scored with an excellent finish. Bray should have knicked a point at the end. Awful stuff.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was wondering why the two lads were sent off, then I see Buttimer was the ref. No need to wonder anymore.
    I can only assume their jerseys clashed.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Not altogether sure why our best player is on the bench; can only assume he's still struggling with the injury from earlier in the season. But a big hand in both our goals from Ayman tonight. Those might just give us the confidence to go on and get a result on Monday; there was a real sense of deflation at 3-0 down. But now we know we can score - even if Pat's went to sleep - and maybe we can carry that into Monday. But only if Ayman starts.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Not altogether sure why our best player is on the bench; can only assume he's still struggling with the injury from earlier in the season. But a big hand in both our goals from Ayman tonight. Those might just give us the confidence to go on and get a result on Monday; there was a real sense of deflation at 3-0 down. But now we know we can score - even if Pat's went to sleep - and maybe we can carry that into Monday. But only if Ayman starts.
    Callaghan leaving him on the bench in the hope nobody else will notice how good he is and sign him for next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    He's a med student; seven year contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Damn, that was my next question. I take it full-time football would be beyond him, at least for the next couple of years?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    If I was a Cork fan of be lumping a good few bob on them to win the league, now let me explain.

Paddy Power latest odds are an insane 2/9 on Dundalk and 4/1 on Cork. Sure for christ sakes the lead could be down to 1 or 2 points on Monday night, tell you what I'd be having some of that if I was from the people's republic.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    If I was a Dundalk fan I'd be looking for odds on Dundalk -1 on Monday night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You Dundalk fans love dialling down the expectation. I'm going to put €100,000 on Dundalk to win the league just to jinx you.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    I actually thought you still had a game in hand for some reason, so it's not quite as clear-cut as I reckoned. Still, I would be shocked if Longford lost either of those games.
    Tonight Shels put in the worst performance of any football team, anywhere, since some time in the late pleistocene and still managed to get a point.

Since Shels can't get any worse they will be better. Better than 1 point is ...3 points against Longford.

Logic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Beattie was lived with Brennan for diving get both sent off is all we know, Rico then went livid with Buttimer, Rico really should have been sent off his rambling held the game for at least 2 minutes.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidcon View Post
    Rico then went livid with Buttimer, Rico really should have been sent off his rambling held the game for at least 2 minutes.
    This reminds me of the Mark Twain gem:

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Damn, that was my next question. I take it full-time football would be beyond him, at least for the next couple of years?
    Absolutely. Must be cotton wrapped in a student environment.

I don't know really. He has the physicality, but he was also fairly slow getting back from injury. He could make it though; reminds me of Duff in his prime at times. Needs a bit more end product, but he's still not played 20 games yet; time for that to develop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    That was a crucial win for us last night. We could have been 3 up at halftime but the finishing was woeful. Ryan was fantastic in goals, as he usually is against us. I definitely think the tension in the ground transferred to the players.
    I think Kenny needs to make one or two changes for Monday as some of the players have had a poor few games notably Byrne and Horgan. I'd love to see Ward back in the mix as he offers us something different from the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    That was a crucial win for us last night. We could have been 3 up at halftime but the finishing was woeful. Ryan was fantastic in goals, as he usually is against us. I definitely think the tension in the ground transferred to the players.
    I think Kenny needs to make one or two changes for Monday as some of the players have had a poor few games notably Byrne and Horgan. I'd love to see Ward back in the mix as he offers us something different from the bench.
    He usually is full sop for us since we came up tbh. Still think he is the best keeper in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He played very well against Rovers in Tallaght before he started playing judo. Couple of terrific stops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Always a super keeper playing for us. Must be the longest-serving player in the league at this stage, is he? Made his debut in 1997.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast