Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: LTFC vs Galway FC 16/08/14

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

LTFC vs Galway FC 16/08/14

Massive game after dropping points last week, then again they are all massive games from here on in.
    Galway have faltered slightly but are still more than capable of taking something from the game.

Having only see us play lately against Waterford and reading reports that we have been sluggish again starting we cannot afford another sluggish start against them.

PS anyone going to the game from Dublin and back again? My car is mucho dead..
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Agree with you Ronnie we need to hit them hard and early like we did last time out in terryland. I'm very confident that wel win this game as Galway are out of form and while we slipped up the last day I thought we played well and we showed great patience on the ball which will play in our favour big time in these 'cup final' like games as they are being described (and rightfully so).

My prediction is Town 3-0 but if we slip up here it leaves us going to tolka with a huge weight on our shoulders so this really is must win.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Wexford and Shels drew so the lead is now 3 points but with a game in hand, this time tomorrow ( with a bit of luck) we could be 6 points clear with 6 games to go,
    wouldn't that be nice

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Home for a good while, might go to this game, anywhere in Longford do the supporters have a pre game drink?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Christ, I'm home for two matches in a row! I'll personally take responsibility if we don't win again.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Home for a good while, might go to this game, anywhere in Longford do the supporters have a pre game drink?
    JP Reillys down Richmond St beside Longford Arms Hotel
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    JP Reillys down Richmond St beside Longford Arms Hotel
    Thanks, left it in the end but will try and and see Longford soon, cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    You didn't miss much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    Christ, I'm home for two matches in a row! I'll personally take responsibility if we don't win again.
    Sorry lads

That was absolutely cat.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    What in the name of god was Cousins doing tonight? I thought last week was bad when he only let Hynes have 9 mins of action. Tonight he didn't get one! The last few games he came on he changed the game but tonight was let rot on the bench. Galway seemed to be happy to take the point with 25 mins left and end up nicking it. I'm very disillusioned after that tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Looked totally devoid of ideas other than hit long passes to the lads up front. Even when we got out wide we didn't create a whole lot.
    Le sigh!
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Ryan Connelly was man of the match by a mile until Salmon went off then he disappeared.
    Stupid errors young Mulhall clears a ball across his own box to O connor who clears it to a Galway guy (no Town player anywhere near it) leads to thier 1st goal, not laying blame just saying should have been into row z on either side,
    Rice abuses the ref at half time coming off the pitch gives him a right ear full, pointing his finger in the refs face, that will get him on our side won't it.
    3 mins from time Sullivan gives away a stupid free leads to their winner ok Hunt could have done better but he saved us earlier
    Hate saying it but Galway were the better team over the 90 odd mins we only played really when Salmon went off, and even then it wasn't great. it will be interesting to see the team selection for the trip to Tallaght next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Worst performance of the season. As RonnieB said we totally lacked idea until Rhys came on but yet again the changes were left too late and despite us being totally flat up front Hynes was left on the bench again. TC must obviously have no faith in him to score a goal so why keep him there? Just to run the clock down in games we are 3-0 up? Why not sign a fecking striker? We are still totally disbalanced down the left hand side with Kev having to play out there even though he's clearly a central player, why didn't we sign a left winger? It's just getting silly now that the same mistakes are being made year after year. The winner of the game in 2 weeks takes the league home with them it's as simple as that. Really don't care about next week at all any more to be honest. Paul Hunt was at fault for the first goal too tonight and even tho he made a great save just before half time, if Bennion is in any sort of match shape at all and plays well next week he should be put back in for the Shels game, he didn't do anything to be dropped so he should get a chance like everyone else.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    We will win nothing with that midfield and 442 is not working anymore, we started the season 451 until other teams figured us out after Rhys got dropped and then injured so fair play to Cousins he changed to 442 and that was very successful,
    in the transfer window other teams strenthened we don't know if we did as we haven't seen the signings, so other teams are now better and we are worse, we were bad last year as well, but Cousins freshened it up by giving some fresh players a chance that livened up the squad we went on a great run and almost made it.
    Imo he needs to experiment next weekend and go 451 again or 352 with a midfield of Rice, Gorman, O' Connor,in the middle, maybe Pender,and some young lad from the 19s on the wings maybe Lee higgins he didnt look bad when I saw him play even though he is a midfielder, no offence to the wingers we have but theres not that much end product from quality crosses or goal about 2 out of 10 crosses are good, they give away more goal kicks and throw than good balls into the box,
    and yes I would rest Mark Salmon he hasn't looked right for a few games now, watch him he is patrolling a radius about 7 yards either side of the centre circle with the odd run into the box, that should be Rices role, Kevin O Connor had to keep coming into midfield last night to help out our midfield who couldn't cope, Rice is trying to do things he isn't able to do he should be told just win the ball and give it to O' Connor or Gorman.
    Thats the way I see the last few games anyway I'm only saying what I think might fix some of our problems.
    There is a whole lot of football to be played before it's over ( at least I hope we see some football) we are still 3 points clear with 6 games to go and as Outspoken says hugh game in 2 weeks as they say a real 6 pointer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    We will win nothing with that midfield and 442 is not working anymore, we started the season 451 until other teams figured us out after Rhys got dropped and then injured so fair play to Cousins he changed to 442 and that was very successful,
    in the transfer window other teams strenthened we don't know if we did as we haven't seen the signings, so other teams are now better and we are worse, we were bad last year as well, but Cousins freshened it up by giving some fresh players a chance that livened up the squad we went on a great run and almost made it.
    Imo he needs to experiment next weekend and go 451 again or 352 with a midfield of Rice, Gorman, O' Connor,in the middle, maybe Pender,and some young lad from the 19s on the wings maybe Lee higgins he didnt look bad when I saw him play even though he is a midfielder, no offence to the wingers we have but theres not that much end product from quality crosses or goal about 2 out of 10 crosses are good, they give away more goal kicks and throw than good balls into the box,
    and yes I would rest Mark Salmon he hasn't looked right for a few games now, watch him he is patrolling a radius about 7 yards either side of the centre circle with the odd run into the box, that should be Rices role, Kevin O Connor had to keep coming into midfield last night to help out our midfield who couldn't cope, Rice is trying to do things he isn't able to do he should be told just win the ball and give it to O' Connor or Gorman.
    Thats the way I see the last few games anyway I'm only saying what I think might fix some of our problems.
    There is a whole lot of football to be played before it's over ( at least I hope we see some football) we are still 3 points clear with 6 games to go and as Outspoken says hugh game in 2 weeks as they say a real 6 pointer
    For once id agree with most of what your saying there. We need to change the 442 wel win nothing with it.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    all of a sudden I am getting extremely worried.its as if the superb run that we have has gone to the plyrs heads.. there doenst seem to be the same hunger as like the shels 3-0 game earlier..the next two weeks are the key two games for cousins to prove himself as his tactics are not good. thank feck that shels only drew with youths...
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?