Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 23rd round LOI -7/8/9th August.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Cracking goal from Healy.
    Hopefully they can close the gap and take the title this year -it would be a great achievement for Caulfield in his 1st season and they would definitley deserve it in my opinion.
    Cork have been the best team Rovers have played this season from what i've seen.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Cracking goal from Healy.
    Hopefully they can close the gap and take the title this year -it would be a great achievement for Caulfield in his 1st season and they would definitley deserve it in my opinion.

The team that finishes on top after 33 games generally deserve it - but I doubt that this will be Cork.

I am baffled as to how you can say so emphatically that they deserve it at this point

Cork have been the best team Rovers have played this season from what i've seen.
    Now I get it - Hoops are the centre of the universe syndrome

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Disappointing result for Pats last night. That's us out of the title race then. All we've left to play for now is the c......... oh, nevermind.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I don't know if you can say that it's now a two horse race. 10 points with 10 to go is not insurmountable. One thing is that it has stopped what momentum that pats were picking up. Rovers will have a bounce now with Pat the rat at the helm and will be difficult to beat.
    Its far from over yet and there will be plenty of twists along the way/ just hope we can stay ahead of the chasing pack.
    I think if we keep up our performances up like we have done in the previous weeks and stay injury free I would be more than confident of us having a successful season
    Long Live King Kenny

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Ezeikial, i severely doubt you would "get it" if it was wrapped up in a box and handed to you.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quite entertaining game in Longford tonight. Both teams really going at it, although neither creating much in the way of chances. Wouldn't begrudge Longford the title either, best team in the division by a long way.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    That video has nearly 20k hits in one day, great advertising in itself.
    40k now.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Ezeikial, i severely doubt you would "get it" if it was wrapped up in a box and handed to you.
    If you are moved to replying, how about addressing the content of the post, instead of that caustic nonsense.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    40k now.
    Now at 70k

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Incredible to see those Shamrock Rovers fans travelling all the way to Cork - the touring pitch invaders strike again
    Hooliganism is a full time job

Such a weird feeling in Tallaght, closing out a game without the dread of every opposition attack ending in some defensive howler. Rovers were poor in the first half and the crowd were taking some convincing, but the second half was controlled and Nutsy was able to give players clear instructions to change tactics as the game went on. Kelly, the shortest man on the pitch, won more headers than Sheppard, Kilduff and Zayed combined have all season. Lots to work on and we have no chance of challenging for the title, but it feels good to have an actual football manager in charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Amazingly, aside from a few bizarre decisions in the second half, I thought he did a great job in keeping everything under control.

The game was a lot scrappier than I expected with the ball spending a lot of time in the air. Dundalk are a very high-ball side and their percentage of headed goals this season has to be a record. Kenny has done a great job with them on this and really plays to their strengths. I've no doubt they'll win the league.

in saying that, they didn't deserve the 3 points tonight and nor did we. Neither side did enough and the goalkeepers had little to do. Still a very enjoyable, edgy game all the same and I suppose we can take the point and build on it. I really think we can make some waves in the cup.
    It was a frenetic game and not the easest to ref. I thought some decisions went against both teams but not to the extent that they affected the result. Also glad to see both teams finish with 11 players. It made it a proper game.

A draw was a fair result. Dundalk had the better possession but struggled to exploit it in the final third. A big part of this was due to the closing down by the Drogheda players. I expected Drogheda to tire in the final 20 minutes but that was not the case. Serious paudits have to go to Darius on the job he has done with the last few weeks.

Great crowd too and a real derby atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It was a frenetic game and not the easest to ref. I thought some decisions went against both teams but not to the extent that they affected the result.
    I thought the ref was quite poor let a lot of niggly stuff go by Drogs players and seem to pull Dundalk players up for the slightest of transgressions. Really thought the game was ready to spiral out of control. It's swings and roundabouts though we were lucky with some decisions the week before.
    However, like you say it didn't have any impact on the result. Dundalk tried to play football but found it very difficult to break down a well organised Drogheda side. Both sides were poor and neither deserved to win the game so a draw was certainly a fair result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123