Thread: Under 17s

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts

Under 17s

I couldnt't find a u17s thread.

Tom Mohan is taking the u17s to Hungary for a 4 team invitational tournament.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/art...nt-in-hungary/

I was at a talk in London in December 2012 by Niall Harrison, the FAI Emerging Talent Programme director and U15 manager and I'm pretty sure it was the Hayes kid he singled out as being the best kid to come through the programme. People at home rave about him. I didn't realise he was at Villa. It'll be interesting to see how he goes.

Also, does anyone know if any of these kids has come through the NDSL programme? The first batch of kids since the NDSL turned the traditional Irish way upside down a few years ago ought to be appearing soon.

Liamo, do you know much about these lads?
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 29/07/2014 at 9:00 PM.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    A good few of those from the U15s squad that beat Juventus last year. Seems to be a pretty talented group.

I think they're all Irish-raised too, except Walsh and Barrett, which is encouraging from a player production point of view.

Three products of Templeogue United too, which is impressive considering they were never an elite side in an area not renowned for football. That's excluding Stephen Kinsella who I believe is still eligible.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 29/07/2014 at 9:33 PM.

4. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How many from outside Dublin based teams??