Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 20th round LOI 18th-20th July.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Was living on false hope that athlone could get something out the game tonight but ah well no surprise dundalk won.. they have bray at home next which should be another win while we have a tricky game away to bohs.. be great to win that then the game the following week will be very interesting

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Recorded the game even though was at it and just watched it earlier and couldn't believe when I seen that at the end.. surely they could of brought Sullivan out instead of nults or even have them both there but to say give that to mark for us is just comical
    He obviously just refused to come on. He's a pretty shy individual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Woeful match in op. 2-0 victory that should of been more but we did our best to get athlone back into the game for some reason.
    I think if Athlone were still playing now with an open goal they'd still miss
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk were in first gear tonight. I expected more of a challenge from Athlone.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    We were forced into 6 changes from the team that beat Limerick last week, and we've taken a single point on the road this season - so you really shouldn't have been expecting that much!
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Was living on false hope that athlone could get something out the game tonight but ah well no surprise dundalk won.. they have bray at home next which should be another win while we have a tricky game away to bohs.. be great to win that then the game the following week will be very interesting
    Dalymount is a very tricky place to win in this season alright. For the home team.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Well if we hadn't have scored in the first half you may have had a chance of hoping for a draw as we created next to nothing in all of the second half. Total jaded performance really.

Would you Cork fans not be tempted to throw down a few bob on the title odds? PP are going something like 5/2 on Cork compared to ridiculous odds of 8/11 on us, same games same points. Well maybe our GD is worth an extra point as it's now increased to +11 over Cork and + 31 overall. I still think it's not bad value on Cork, then again you'd have to put on a fair whack to make decent money.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    If it wasnt for that pitch in Oriel we would of won 4 or 5 nil of course Was a poor performance by us but we were missing alot of starting players. Didn't expect anything from this game so not that worried. Still some massive games to come for us. Can't see anyone but Dundalk winning the league.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    If it wasnt for that pitch in Oriel we would of won 4 or 5 nil of course Was a poor performance by us but we were missing alot of starting players. Didn't expect anything from this game so not that worried. Still some massive games to come for us. Can't see anyone but Dundalk winning the league.
    yep, dundalk have the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I'm not so sure about that lads, we were pretty pedestrian yesterday. However one thing to note is, if we beat Bray at home next Sunday, then Europe will have had no effect on our League form, as that would mean 3 wins out of 3 while playing 4 games in the EL.

We are unbeaten since mid April I think, but Cork have won 8 of their last 9 too I think, and there are still over 3 full months left, so anything could happen.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Dundalk are by far the best team in the league this season, i reckon they'll have the title all but wrapped up by early September.

Brilliant job done by Stephen Kenny to come out of Europe without dropping any points. (I've just assumed they'll beat Bray at home)
    Here on a technicality.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I'm not so sure about that lads, we were pretty pedestrian yesterday. However one thing to note is, if we beat Bray at home next Sunday, then Europe will have had no effect on our League form, as that would mean 3 wins out of 3 while playing 4 games in the EL.

We are unbeaten since mid April I think, but Cork have won 8 of their last 9 too I think, and there are still over 3 full months left, so anything could happen.
    as said, Dundalk are by far the strongest side.
    Cork will drop off the pace and defo wont win it,
    we are out of it
    and Rovers don't have it in them this year IMO.
    I think you will win it on merit but if that fails, the inability of other teams will also help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Stop that, the lot of yiz

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    as said, Dundalk are by far the strongest side.
    Cork will drop off the pace and defo wont win it,
    we are out of it
    and Rovers don't have it in them this year IMO.
    I think you will win it on merit but if that fails, the inability of other teams will also help.
    Just quoting this post so that it's immortalized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Based on last night's performance if we play like that against Bray we will struggle to beat them. I don't need to remind dfc fans that we lost to Bray in the last series of games

I like the St. Pats agenda now saying that they are out of it and that it's our league. IMO pats are still in it until it is mathematically impossible for them to do so. Shamrock rovers too are still in it.

We are just past the half way point in the league and there is still a heel of a lot of football to be played.
    I believe that pats have in them an ability to go on an unbeaten run from now till the end of the season. They have the squad and with the Galacticos that they have at their disposal
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Based on last night's performance if we play like that against Bray we will struggle to beat them. I don't need to remind dfc fans that we lost to Bray in the last series of games

I like the St. Pats agenda now saying that they are out of it and that it's our league. IMO pats are still in it until it is mathematically impossible for them to do so. Shamrock rovers too are still in it.

We are just past the half way point in the league and there is still a heel of a lot of football to be played.
    I believe that pats have in them an ability to go on an unbeaten run from now till the end of the season. They have the squad and with the Galacticos that they have at their disposal
    We are 100% out of it, as you say we would have to go on some run to catch up, maybe win our next 8 or 9 games, we're just not capable of doing that this season, we can't defend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Maybe so but dundalk and cork will drop points from now till the end of the season.

9 points is not an insurmountable gap with 13 games to go
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    I don't think we're quite out of it, but you'd have to say it's unlikely. Dundalk definitely look favourites. Frustrating, as on our day I'd back us against anyone but defensively this year we just haven't been tight enough. Shrewd of Dundalk not to bother with Europe too and save themselves for the League.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    We've played twice as many European games as you this season
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    We've played twice as many European games as you this season