Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Taylor and Lims part ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts

Stuart Taylor and Lims part ways.

Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

2. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

Stuart Taylor Gone

"Limerick FC have announced that they have parted company manager with Stuart Taylor"

Tweeted by RTE.

Somewhere, Roddy's spidey senses are tingling.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Fenlon and Russell the front runners according to the sun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    How many times do media outlets link Fenlon to jobs like these without realising the ambitions he has?

He has no interest in jobs like this, he wasn't interested in Sligo and gave Linfield the wide berth, so with the greatest respect to Limerick, he is not going there.

If Barraclough wants a quick way back, maybe he might go for it, but I think Limerick need someone more local as they appear to have lost touch with local the support base.

Then again the longer it takes to get them back to the Markets Field the harder it will get to attract more fans.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    We lost touch with our support base because the team is a shambles.

What we need now is a strong Fenlonesque character to root out the deadwood and rule the club with an iron fist. Theres at least a dozen in our squad whos feet shouldnt touch the ground. Theres no one local anywhere near strong enough to do that while we re in the premier.

As to who'll get it I wouldnt want baraclough, made a bit of a ****** of Sligo by all accounts. Think we need a well respected irish coach who knows the league well and can spend the reasonably generous budget accordingly.

Just on Fenlon and his ambition, where exactly do you think his sights are set after an (arguably harsh) sacking from an spl club?? Arguably needs to go back to Ireland and start again.... Similar to another current Premier Division manager!

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    The budget is probably not going to increase for any new manager. The opposite maybe, looking at the crowds and the continued renting of Thomond. With that reality, whoevers next might not have the ability to sweep out as much of the deadwood as the fans might want.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    The budget is probably not going to increase for any new manager. The opposite maybe, looking at the crowds and the continued renting of Thomond. With that reality, whoevers next might not have the ability to sweep out as much of the deadwood as the fans might want.
    The Danny money and some of the Craig money is sloshing around, nice wodge in irish football

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    What we need now is a strong Fenlonesque character
    Who could you possibly have in mind LITD?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Who could you possibly have in mind LITD?!
    Im hoping we can prize Dermot Keely away from Rock Celtic tbh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    We lost touch with our support base because the team is a shambles.

What we need now is a strong Fenlonesque character to root out the deadwood and rule the club with an iron fist. Theres at least a dozen in our squad whos feet shouldnt touch the ground. Theres no one local anywhere near strong enough to do that while we re in the premier.

As to who'll get it I wouldnt want baraclough, made a bit of a ****** of Sligo by all accounts. Think we need a well respected irish coach who knows the league well and can spend the reasonably generous budget accordingly.

Just on Fenlon and his ambition, where exactly do you think his sights are set after an (arguably harsh) sacking from an spl club?? Arguably needs to go back to Ireland and start again.... Similar to another current Premier Division manager!
    Mick Cooke!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Pats fans, Ucd fan, Martin Russell any good??

Im a little underwhelmed.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's the opposite of Russell Martin, if that helps. Why would you be underwhelmed? He'll have you playing the polar opposite of the much Taylor's been serving up. Would be interesting to see if Oji and Folan can pass the ball as well as they can defend.

Is that a rumour or is it confirmed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    He's the opposite of Russell Martin, if that helps. Why would you be underwhelmed? He'll have you playing the polar opposite of the much Taylor's been serving up. Would be interesting to see if Oji and Folan can pass the ball as well as they can defend.

Is that a rumour or is it confirmed?
    Its just a sideways step from Taylor. Our defenders trying to pass the ball is what is causing us most problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Pats fans, Ucd fan, Martin Russell any good??

Im a little underwhelmed.
    Did Limerick fans genuinely think they were going to get Pat Fenlon in as manager?
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Its a confirmed strong rumour!!

Nah im fairly reliably informed he was offered it this evening.

Im underwhelmed because im convinced the club needs a clearout and I dont know if Russell is A: strong enough to preside over said clearout and B: respected enough to attract good quality to replace the melons.

Also, for the record Folan is well able to play a bit of ball, its the defending he struggles with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Did Limerick fans genuinely think they were going to get Pat Fenlon in as manager?
    I thought we were going to get Fabio Capello.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Its just a sideways step from Taylor. Our defenders trying to pass the ball is what is causing us most problems.
    Only seen Lims twice this season but I have to say I didn't notice any defenders trying to pass the ball.

Its a confirmed strong rumour!!

Nah im fairly reliably informed he was offered it this evening.

Im underwhelmed because im convinced the club needs a clearout and I dont know if Russell is A: strong enough to preside over said clearout and B: respected enough to attract good quality to replace the melons.

Also, for the record Folan is well able to play a bit of ball, its the defending he struggles with!
    Folan has defended very well any time I've seen him but, again, I don't see much of Limerick. Russell is a very good manager with a track record of bringing through young players (Limerick's squad, outside the imports, is pretty young from what I can see and Taylor has had to use a lot of the kids) and making the best of relatively weak squads.

Did Limerick fans expect to get somebody better? Pete Mahon is the only candidate I can think of whose record is significantly better and I doubt he'd want to leave Dublin.

Besides, when has poaching Pats' assistant manager ever worked out badly for a club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    If Russell focuses on bringing through our current crop of youth he'll be doing so somewhere in the middle of the First Division.

We need a manager to bring a spine of a team with him, if Russell does that hooray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Where are you going to get a spine of a team from? Leahy was Russell's captain at UCD. Reckon him, Turner, Oji, Folan and Williams has the makings of a decent defence. Gaffney is a terrific talent who could do much the same job Kilduff did at UCD. In Duggan and Tracy you have a couple of very good midfielders. That's the guts of a mid-table team right there with a manager who uses the players properly. On paper, they're better players than Athlone, Drogs and UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Only seen Lims twice this season but I have to say I didn't notice any defenders trying to pass the ball.

Folan has defended very well any time I've seen him but, again, I don't see much of Limerick. Russell is a very good manager with a track record of bringing through young players (Limerick's squad, outside the imports, is pretty young from what I can see and Taylor has had to use a lot of the kids) and making the best of relatively weak squads.

Did Limerick fans expect to get somebody better? Pete Mahon is the only candidate I can think of whose record is significantly better and I doubt he'd want to leave Dublin.

Besides, when has poaching Pats' assistant manager ever worked out badly for a club?
    Doing that at UCD with the likes of Corry and Finn on scholarships is a lot different then doing it at any other club. Our young players are crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast