Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stuart Taylor and Lims part ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Cork and Derry have bags of young talent based in the city and Dundalk are up the road from Dublin. The same budget won't go as far in Limerick, hence why you've been bringing in folks from the UK.
    Its probably just a case of being blinded by my hate for everyone after being made a show of by Athlone so i reserve the right to go back on everything I have said and welcome Russell wit open arms if needs be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Your point about being on the coattails of the top four is, frankly, unbelievable. You've been a PD team for 15 months and are disconnected from the major population centre in the country. Can you seriously say you have the budget and system to be competing with the major Dublin clubs, Cork, Dundalk, Sligo and Derry? Not a chance.
    Absolute waffle.

We're closer to Dublin than Cork or Derry and the city is more or less the same size as Derry.

Dunno what in the name of jaysus youre going on about with our "system"

I didnt say we should be better than the top four. I didn't say we should be winning the league. With our outlay we should be a LOT closer. And quite a bit ahead of Bohs, Bray, Drogheda, Athlone and Ucd. Which we're not.
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 12/07/2014 at 2:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Its probably just a case of being blinded by my hate for everyone after being made a show of by Athlone so i reserve the right to go back on everything I have said and welcome Russell wit open arms if needs be.
    Hang on a minute, we're all having an argument here.

Its the internet - NEVER BACK DOWN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lim till i die View Post
    hang on a minute, we're all having an argument here.

Its the internet - never back down
    loud noises. !!!!!!!

5. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Absolute waffle.

We're closer to Dublin than Cork or Derry and the city is more or less the same size as Derry.

Dunno what in the name of jaysus youre going on about with our "system"

I didnt say we should be better than the top four. I didn't say we should be winning the league. With our outlay we should be a LOT closer. And quite a bit ahead of Bohs, Bray, Drogheda, Athlone and Ucd. Which we're not.
    I specifically excluded Cork and Derry from my comment about being close to Dublin because those cities produce players by the dozen and they come through the club. When Limerick is producing players like Alan Browne, Brian Lenihan, James McClean and Danny Lefferty, we can talk about Limerick competing with them, but until then we're not talking about the same thing.

I didn't say you said Limerick should be better than the top four, I said you said they should be competing. I named six clubs who have either better resources or better access to players, or both, than Limerick and said it's no surprise they're ahead of Limerick. You can't just throw out a big budget in this league and expect to compete. You need more than that, and those clubs do have more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Just on Fenlon and his ambition, where exactly do you think his sights are set after an (arguably harsh) sacking from an spl club??
    I presume this is you trying to be funny? A 'harsh' sacking! Presided over humiliating defeat to arch rivals in Cup final, brought club to brink of relegation - which came about despite his sacking - and had side playing awful stuff.
    I struggle with the Fenlon love-in - a winning manager when operating with a big budget (relative to those around him) but he is found out, like at Hibs, when that's not the case
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I said arguably harsh. :-) Based on whats befallen Hibs since more than anything. Dont get me wrong, if I was a Hibs fan personally I would have organised a torch wielding mob to run him out of town.

Charlie I'm kinda done arguing about Limerick with a Shamrock fan. The board budgeted for fourth, as of last night we re fifteenth or sixteenth. (I havent looked at league table in ages) Geoghraphy lessons and genetically superior children aside, (actually, on the genetically superior children theres been so much money thrown at our under 19s over the last three or four year we could have fielded a team made of faberge eggs and solid gold and its taken the fai fannying around with the structures to get us out of the bottom tier, more wastage.) we are underachieving in a big way. Now the idea of this seems to upset you, but I'm not alone. We lost 1000 fans (all our new ones basically) in six months, everything around the club is gone dire.

We need a tyrant.

Is Martin Russell a tyrant??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Your pitch is crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    How did the Limerick board see the league table finishing when they were finishing fourth? Seventh last season and have lost twice as many players this season as were brought in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    How did the Limerick board see the league table finishing when they were finishing fourth? Seventh last season and have lost twice as many players this season as were brought in
    They more than likely had this aim before Taylor made an absolute balls up of the budget he was given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    I wish Agent Taylor had stayed tbh. Swapping Shane Duggan for Dave O'Leary was a great bit of business for us.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    I wish Agent Taylor had stayed tbh. Swapping Shane Duggan for Dave O'Leary was a great bit of business for us.
    How many games has O'Leary started for ye? I thought Caulfield had him glued to the subs bench?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I said arguably harsh. :-) Based on whats befallen Hibs since more than anything. Dont get me wrong, if I was a Hibs fan personally I would have organised a torch wielding mob to run him out of town.

Charlie I'm kinda done arguing about Limerick with a Shamrock fan. The board budgeted for fourth, as of last night we re fifteenth or sixteenth. (I havent looked at league table in ages) Geoghraphy lessons and genetically superior children aside, (actually, on the genetically superior children theres been so much money thrown at our under 19s over the last three or four year we could have fielded a team made of faberge eggs and solid gold and its taken the fai fannying around with the structures to get us out of the bottom tier, more wastage.) we are underachieving in a big way. Now the idea of this seems to upset you, but I'm not alone. We lost 1000 fans (all our new ones basically) in six months, everything around the club is gone dire.

We need a tyrant.

Is Martin Russell a tyrant??
    OK, fair enough. I have my own views, but if you legitimately thought Limerick should be pushing for fourth whatever their budget was, I think you were hopelessly optimistic as everybody else reckoned you'd do well to establish yourselves as a league team. Above all else, no matter how much money Pat O'Sullivan was throwing at the club, the reality is you were in the market for the players other teams don't want.
    Last edited by Charlie Darwin; 12/07/2014 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    How many games has O'Leary started for ye? I thought Caulfield had him glued to the subs bench?
    Yeah you're right, he's mostly been used a sub, but he's been quite effective when used.. he's been unlucky not to be starting. (edit-he actually did start last night)

On a side note, not sure if it's been posted, but apparently Taylor was in Drogheda last night. He could relegate them yet.
    Last edited by adamd164; 12/07/2014 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Good luck to Russell and Limerick.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    How has the appointment been received?

I wouldn't write off Russell, he did a decent job with UCD and he could potentially do well at Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    How has the appointment been received?

I wouldn't write off Russell, he did a decent job with UCD and he could potentially do well at Limerick.

I think its mainly a case of no major excitement but while he is here he will get full support.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Best of luck to him. Hope he does well there
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

25. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123