Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Football in Shannon 2014/15

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuffleruns View Post
    You're including Newmarket as part of Shannon, it's not!
    Ah read my reply to you two comments above yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Wouldn't you think they would just bite the bullet and ask for imalgimation with shannon town.. hibs are going no where .. no schoolboys after u12s and only 1 junior team.. very sad to see.
    been down this road already and it was Shannon town who approached hibs to amalgamate a couple of years back ??

on the subject of hibs going nowhere whats the difference to the local teams below so why do you just have a go at hibs

Shannon Olympic two junior teams no schoolboys / rieannana rovers one junior team no schoolboys or pitch ? / bunratty one junior team no schoolboys

" football is a simple game "

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    been down this road already and it was Shannon town who approached hibs to amalgamate a couple of years back ??

on the subject of hibs going nowhere whats the difference to the local teams below so why do you just have a go at hibs

Shannon Olympic two junior teams no schoolboys / rieannana rovers one junior team no schoolboys or pitch ? / bunratty one junior team no schoolboys
    Because the conversation was about hibs. Not any of the other teams you just mentioned..is that ok for you..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuffleruns View Post
    You're including Newmarket as part of Shannon, it's not!
    Where did I say newmarket was in shannon.go back to sleep..shannon hibs shannon town and shannon olympic that's 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Shannon Olympic only ever had a youths team but they never started bleating on about creating a super underage setup that that would feed the A team and make hibs the super club they thought they would be. So far the whole thing has been an absolute disgrace.
    Newtown effectively took (calling it as it is) 1 step forward to take 5 steps back. Next season will be a write off now the news is out. I'm sure the clare league won't entertain a division 2 Limerick side who could possibly be relegated from that division also into the first division. Essentially your looking at about 3 years of **** football in Clare's lower leagues and that's hoping you have team to get through the divisions.
    The amalgamation has been an absolute waste of time. I feel sorry for Newtown because park effectively did a number on them. Brought them into the limerick only to end up back in the clare league in a worse situation than when they left.
    "Joe Jordan is off to watch Young Boys tomorrow" Ian Darke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by gaiscíoch View Post
    Shannon Olympic only ever had a youths team but they never started bleating on about creating a super underage setup that that would feed the A team and make hibs the super club they thought they would be. So far the whole thing has been an absolute disgrace.
    Newtown effectively took (calling it as it is) 1 step forward to take 5 steps back. Next season will be a write off now the news is out. I'm sure the clare league won't entertain a division 2 Limerick side who could possibly be relegated from that division also into the first division. Essentially your looking at about 3 years of **** football in Clare's lower leagues and that's hoping you have team to get through the divisions.
    The amalgamation has been an absolute waste of time. I feel sorry for Newtown because park effectively did a number on them. Brought them into the limerick only to end up back in the clare league in a worse situation than when they left.
    Gaiscioch

Olympic cant bleat about a super club because they have no ambition to try and reach it... survive season after season job done poach a few more players from the teams in the area.

when newtown /park amalgamated they had to talk the talk to try and sell the whole thing of a bigger better club which now looks to have failed, Hibs or no other club should have the right to tell / ask clare league what division they want to play in as far as I am aware rule in league all new clubs must start in division 3 , hibs have no choice but to start again and who knows if they will even have a team left to enter league season after next ,, agree totally on amalgamation and I'm sure a good few old newtown people must be disgusted to see where this Shannon hibs club is at now after their club was disbanded... Hibs should do the decent think and re-name the club Newtown
    Last edited by old git; 09/06/2015 at 12:17 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaiscíoch View Post
    how did park do a number? as it stands both clubs (well their A teams) were better off before the amalgamation. It was newtown who had wanted to get into the limerick league for years

blaming park is incorrect as I am sure there are a lot of people who regret it from both sides. As it stands there will now be two teams in the lower leagues of clare when in the past (not so long ago) you had newtown holding their own in the clare, Shannon town getting promoted and challenging 1a and park holding their own in the limerick premier and winning trophies......how sad it is for Shannon football as a whole to have regressed so much!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Feet Up View Post
    how did park do a number? as it stands both clubs (well their A teams) were better off before the amalgamation. It was newtown who had wanted to get into the limerick league for years

blaming park is incorrect as I am sure there are a lot of people who regret it from both sides. As it stands there will now be two teams in the lower leagues of clare when in the past (not so long ago) you had newtown holding their own in the clare, Shannon town getting promoted and challenging 1a and park holding their own in the limerick premier and winning trophies......how sad it is for Shannon football as a whole to have regressed so much!!
    two feet up

I agree that a lot of people who regret it from both sides but as I have said in earlier posts why did all the park people jump ship so soon after the amalgamation they all knew what they signed up for when agreeing on newtown/ park joining together .

it was a long time ago newtown were holding their own in clare seem to remember them getting relegated not so long before move to hibs .. Shannon town were up and down from premier to 1a and as for park holding their own in limerick premier league and winning trophies need a good memory for that one ..
    Last edited by old git; 11/06/2015 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Because the conversation was about hibs. Not any of the other teams you just mentioned..is that ok for you..
    second

I added the other teams to prove a point that all not that great with other clubs as you had a go at one club "hibs are going no where .. no schoolboys after u12s and only 1 junior team.. very sad to see. " is that ok with you

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    second

I added the other teams to prove a point that all not that great with other clubs as you had a go at one club "hibs are going no where .. no schoolboys after u12s and only 1 junior team.. very sad to see. " is that ok with you
    Old git you asked me why I was having a go at hibs ..I was making a point because you were talking about hibs not any other team..
    If you have mentioned other teams in original post then I could have made a comment about them too.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324