Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSL Rumour Mill Summer 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Chilli View Post
    Hardly true tricksey is it? Good player.
    Very good player the feelers have been put out for him to go down.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    I think the problem cobhlad is it's not taken seriously enough,heard its shambles at the moment,and you said playing for your successful town club,ye haven't got that either,think who ever takes over is going to have to get a half decent senior side together before yer better players start coming back,didn't they leave after all to play at the highest level they can,can't see them returning to play 2nd div.look at were they are all playing,in the premier div,with very good set ups at Douglas,Midleton and Avondale,very organised with great facilities.and are one or two in carrigtwohill playing junior,that's not a good sign either.i think there could be a very long summer for Cobh again this year.
    there is definite interest from many players to play with Wanderers this season, same rumour pops up every year but for certain reasons (management, playing at a higher level) has stopped it happening but if it's ever going to happen it'll be this year

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblers91 View Post
    there is definite interest from many players to play with Wanderers this season, same rumour pops up every year but for certain reasons (management, playing at a higher level) has stopped it happening but if it's ever going to happen it'll be this year
    Soccer in Cobh is on its knees and I don't c that changing anytime soon. Ramblers bottom of Loi 1st Div, Wanderers no senior team and Springfield relegated from Aul Premier.
    All this talk of player coming from here and there is ridiculous, hear the same every year at various clubs. 2nd Div won't attract many players trust me, 1st Div maybe

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Alright folks bit early for this as dust has just settled on an average season where yet again clubs using illegal players has risen its dirty head, hall thrown out of a cup, every year now, Corinthians in the league. Is it getting worse?
    Anyway news that is breaking is there will be a big shake up in hall this summer after their disastrous season, losing players to their lower team and winning nothing. the word is players want tommy gone, but if he stays there will be another exodus. interesting to see what the club does.
    Mayfield will also be interesting next year..world cup will take our minds off it for now. Enjoy the summer littleman :-)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Cobh football obviously needs a change but it definetly is starting. Ramblers have serious potential in 2 or 3 years if they keep the players they have. Wanderers are almost certainly having a senior side with plenty of Cobh players returning. Going to be a big season for the town and people should be optimistic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    heard if Dave ahern leaves cors buckley and Gaffney will head back to mount .deccie cahill also on billys radar.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Billy would want his radar out alright with Alan O Connor and Gary "Gazza" Higgins going to Avondale! Ken Hoey also looking for a new challenge as he needs motivation after being made new Irish Amateur captain!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Billy would want his radar out alright with Alan O Connor and Gary "Gazza" Higgins going to Avondale! Ken Hoey also looking for a new challenge as he needs motivation after being made new Irish Amateur captain!
    Ya and Avondale haven't even a manager so their definitely after these guys. Cobh Wanderers won't be in the msl either, application refused apparently, Danny Murphy gathering a serious squad together out in Blarney

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go for gold View Post
    heard if Dave ahern leaves cors buckley and Gaffney will head back to mount .deccie cahill also on billys radar.
    Dave Ahern won't be leaving Cors he'll be told politely to leave, big changes needed up there

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    Ya and Avondale haven't even a manager so their definitely after these guys. Cobh Wanderers won't be in the msl either, application refused apparently, Danny Murphy gathering a serious squad together out in Blarney
    Wat do mean about Avondale have not even a manager?I heard a conversation at the cup final other night,to be brutally honest I only got half of conversation,but wat I did get was that either John Ryan is walking away from Avondale,or else they are parting ways.dont take it as gospil,but Msl representatives having the chat!find it hard to believe myself,suppose all the rumours do start now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Wat do mean about Avondale have not even a manager?I heard a conversation at the cup final other night,to be brutally honest I only got half of conversation,but wat I did get was that either John Ryan is walking away from Avondale,or else they are parting ways.dont take it as gospil,but Msl representatives having the chat!find it hard to believe myself,suppose all the rumours do start now.
    John Ryan is gone

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    John Ryan is gone
    Is this official,and if so why is this after happening?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    John Ryan has left his position as Avondale manager, fair play up him for a fantastic season, from what I hear the work load was like a full time job

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    John Ryan has left his position as Avondale manager, fair play up him for a fantastic season, from what I hear the work load was like a full time job
    Could this be the end of the Dale a lot of players reported to be going back to their roots?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    How many times have we heard that!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el nino coro View Post
    Could this be the end of the Dale a lot of players reported to be going back to their roots?
    It could be the start if they get the right man in

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It could be the start if they get the right man in
    A bit of a trend beginning here since caulfield finished,Avondale have gone through a good few managers in last few years,m.walsh,j o rourke,j.cotter,now j.Ryan aswell,have any of them done more than 2 yrs.seems strange they don't stay around?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A bit of a trend beginning here since caulfield finished,Avondale have gone through a good few managers in last few years,m.walsh,j o rourke,j.cotter,now j.Ryan aswell,have any of them done more than 2 yrs.seems strange they don't stay around?
    Think of all those trips to Dublin this season for Dale. That must take its toll, they were like a Loi team on the road every week, then playing 3 games a week. They also played Waterford in the EA Sports Cup. Look at the Leeds game, squad is depleted now after a long season.
    I can see them going big or getting the job in house. John Ryan for me was a strange appointment but you have to admit he done a good job.
    If your involved in all those competitions it's very much like a full time job I would imagine.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Stephen Napier named new Avondale boss,jeez they didn't wait around long did they?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Heard pat mull is taking over casement seniors with minty fitz as assistant

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast