Thanked in
    857 Posts

Sligo Rovers (H) 25/4/14

Only a point behind them and nearly ten weeks in, a game for position

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Curran out best we can hope for is 0-0 imo.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Attendance 819.
    That's awful. Back to the Jackman Park crowd.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    And that's were it will stay with the crap football on show Taylor on borrowed time club will start to lose money on attendances people will not spend hard earned money to watch that.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    And that's were it will stay with the crap football on show Taylor on borrowed time club will start to lose money on attendances people will not spend hard earned money to watch that.
    Don't think the quality at the moment is there to play much better to be honest.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Don't think the quality at the moment is there to play much better to be honest.
    The quality is, but we have been terribly poor at times. We'll always have the hardcore group of those who were there at Hogan Park, Jackman Park, but we'll never attract new fans with the prices, the general play and with how poor the advertising is.
    I think it will be a huge regret for Taylor that we didn't go and get at least one player who could have attracted some crowds in. (Billy Dennehy is one incase anyone asks who)

The game tonight wasn't actually that poor of a performance, but when we come up against teams like Sligo, you can see we're 3 or 4 players away from beating them. And, as always, injuries have played a part again.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd say advertising and performances are the main problem. Don't think price is really an issue.

A few were saying it at the start of the season, it's fine not being able to sign players cause of a cut budget but it's a slippery slope in the sense that if the quality isn't brought in and the product on the pitch is poor then the crowds will drop and before you know it it is hard to sustain even the squad at a reduced budget.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Didn't expect anything from the game once the team selection was in. Missing at least 4 first teamers and we all know we don't have the depth to cope. Despite all that it was frustrating because we gifted them that early goal but managed to hang in until the end and could have gotten a point still. Shocker from the ref for the 2nd on 89 mins when we might have been pressing for an equaliser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Drops Prince after he had a great performance against Derry continues with this awful style. There is definitely room for a lot better performances with what we have there its his awful awful style thats the problem.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very disappointing performance tonight, had enough possession but just not able to do anything with it, Sligo were ok, not brilliant, any of the chances they had first half were from our mistakes.
    There's nothing or no-one to get excited about with this current Limk team. We're awful to watch, same as last season only for some reason it was constantly reported that we played good football when we didn't, just Taylor talkin out of his ass & the media swallowing it. Oji is our only player from tonights 11 that resembled a premier division player. Is it time for Taylor to move on?
    Would another manager get anything better out of this group? I'm not expecting us to get into the top 4/5 but a bit of excitement wouldn't go amiss now & then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ever37 View Post
    Very disappointing performance tonight, had enough possession but just not able to do anything with it, Sligo were ok, not brilliant, any of the chances they had first half were from our mistakes.
    There's nothing or no-one to get excited about with this current Limk team. We're awful to watch, same as last season only for some reason it was constantly reported that we played good football when we didn't, just Taylor talkin out of his ass & the media swallowing it. Oji is our only player from tonights 11 that resembled a premier division player. Is it time for Taylor to move on?
    Would another manager get anything better out of this group? I'm not expecting us to get into the top 4/5 but a bit of excitement wouldn't go amiss now & then.
    Yes they would imo.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Yes they would imo.
    Who would you bring in?
    It's starting to annoy me listening to him going on about "we'll go pass the ball, we'll get it down and play, a big pitch will suit us"

The other thing is, with the money he is rumoured to be on, we probably couldn't afford to give him a lump sum. Still too early in the season for all that talk anyway.

Also, any chance we can have a look at McManus from the start? And I was just as baffled about Prince. Rainsford must have been unbelievable in training to get in ahead of him. We'll be missing Williams and Gaffney for the Bray game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Who would you bring in?
    It's starting to annoy me listening to him going on about "we'll go pass the ball, we'll get it down and play, a big pitch will suit us"

The other thing is, with the money he is rumoured to be on, we probably couldn't afford to give him a lump sum. Still too early in the season for all that talk anyway.

Also, any chance we can have a look at McManus from the start? And I was just as baffled about Prince. Rainsford must have been unbelievable in training to get in ahead of him. We'll be missing Williams and Gaffney for the Bray game.
    I don't know who I would bring in tbh I just think a different style would suit us better and it is clear he will never change his because he probably doesn't know how. I'm not asking for him to be sacked just yet just that I do think other managers would do a better job, I said at the time we got him we should have gotten Kenny who was in for the job and I think we messed up there. That is pure rubbish he either thinks others are blind or he is we never even try to play like that really. We are so so dull..

Rainsford I hate to say it is very poor I have no idea what he is supposed to add. Prince was probably our best player in Derry too he had a great game we would have won that game if he stayed on im convinced. If we don't beat Bray then we could go a long time before our next win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Another awful home performance. You'll see the crowds steady off at around the 800 mark from now on. Anyone i brought with me this season that was not a regular never wanted to come back, always thought we were terrible to watch and i cant blame them. Team selection tonight was a baffler with Rainsford starting again? Sorry to say but the lad is no where near ready for PL. Even Ross when he came on added pace which was much lacking. Rory is not a CF but plays very well out wide. Surely Tam is fitter than 30min at this stage! The money spent on the trip to Spain looks like an awful waste when it could have gone towards a really good striker. Jason was very good tonight and i think Tracy in front of the back 4 did well. Goals are going to be a major problem for us this season. We have no one that will hit double figures, so unless the purse strings are loosened to bring in a good striker(that can play 90min) we are going to be bottom feeders this season. I really fear for the 3 home games in a row in May.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The Football we're being served up since Taylor took over has been ****-poor from the very beginning. He talks a good game but anyone that has seen us play knows that the man is talking out through his a**e. God forgive me for saying this but Scully was like a breath of fresh air compared to this guy. I think he's the only person on the planet that believes the way we are playing is the way to play. We look like we can't buy a goal let alone score one and it's only a matter of time before we're on the receiving end of a right hiding. Most of the young guys are not up to PD yet and I doubt that most of them ever will be. Lucky for us that Athlone look doomed, it's between ourselves and U.C.D to stay up I.M.O!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Ah lads calm down, one 3-0 loss and we want a new manager, even Scully......we are nowhere near that. Would have been great to see Tam, Mann and Prince start but maybe they were not able to this week. To be fair to Taylor everyone was tipping a Sligo win, a 0-0 would have been a good result for us. The team that started was fairly defensive and might have been a best bet to keep them scoreless for most of the game (injuries aside). It almost worked as well keeping them scoreless except for a terrible mistake by one of our experienced players on 3 minutes which no manager can legislate for. The criticism i would have is we could have changed it a little earlier, maybe making a change at halftime.
    I am not sure another manager would get more from this squad. We do not have a PL calibre squad when we are not all fit.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    worrying thing for me is we are weaker this year than last year no progress being made squad is weak and still can't buy a goal and a manager that can't or won't tell the truth about his philosophy because it ain't open attractive football there is no shape to it and no penetration we must be a dream to play against for any decent side in the league.. thank god for athlone as they are a shambles otherwise we look like the bottom of the pile at the moment...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Yeah it almost worked for 3 minutes. We have Plan A and if Plan A doesn't work we stick to Plan A. Our midfield creates next to nothing - not that it matters much because there's no one up front to put the ball in the net. We rely on the defence to keep it tight in the hope of nicking a goal from a set-piece/mistake. People(myself included) have used the reduced budget as an excuse, but is it really? I mean how much of our budget goes on the English/Scottish contingent.are I have no problem with Curran/Oji but you can hardly call Galbraith/Williams/Nzuzi/McManus world beaters. Personally I think their wages would have been better served on some experienced heads that know what the league is about!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The football we played in the opening half of last season was immeasurably better than anythin we d seen over the last five or six years, anyone saying otherwise is being disingenuous. As the squads gotten worse so has the football.

Im maybe giving Taylor too much credit when I say that maybe his spoofing (and it is spoofing at this stage) about good football is coming from the clubs pr department.

Im only inclined to give Taylor some benefit of the doubt there because iv a degree of sympathy for him. The job hes doing at the moment is not the job he signed up for.

On the point above about the uk lads Galbraith is on a two year deal, Mcmanus knows the league and actually isnt bad, Craig Curran, despite being a Paddy Doyle (remember him?! :-P) level finisher, is crucial to how we play, Sam Oji, despite sometimes (as seen occasionally last night) struggling against pace, is arguably one of the best defenders in the league and maybe our only player that you could make a case for getting his game with any other side. Id say nzuzi isnt on much (open to correctipn) and williams id be maybe give but you can count the good loi left fulls on the fingers of one hand and as a result all would want a nice whack themselves.

Tje budget was cut at the start of the year, anyone listening tp the noises out of pos saw it coming a mile off. The boards decided.to go one way instead of another by the looks of things. In fairness to Taylor thats not his fault. We're unbeaten against the rubbish around us.

Fact of the matter.is the Bray away game in a couple of weeks is a.bigger game for us this year.than the likes of your Sligos at home.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I mean how much of our budget goes on the English/Scottish contingent.are I have no problem with Curran/Oji but you can hardly call Galbraith/Williams/Nzuzi/McManus world beaters.
    I'd agree with Nzuzi and Williams but Galbraith is decent and it's too early to comment on McManus. It's unrealistic to expect this Limerick squad to compete with the likes of Sligo. They have been one of the best in the country for the last 4/5 years and could go all the way this season. Attendance very poor I thought, only 819 against one of the best teams in the league. Good vocal support from those that were there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast