Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Series 7

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Where is Odhiambo playing for you? I thought he was a striker but in Tallaght he was playing on the wing, where he looked solid enough defensively but obviously doesn't have the pace or ball technique to be an attacking threat, but he looks like he'd make a decent front man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Fagan was booked with 20 minutes for standing in front of a defensive free kick. That was around the time your boys started spending a lot of time on the ground.

That's not wasting time that's just stoping a quick attacking opportunity.

I agree with your general point tho we weren't ruthless enough in the second half which led to an unnecessary nervy last few minutes even tho we were comfortable throughout and Rovers created no chances.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    That's not wasting time that's just stoping a quick attacking opportunity.

I agree with your general point tho we weren't ruthless enough in the second half which led to an unnecessary nervy last few minutes even tho we were comfortable throughout and Rovers created no chances.
    Do you remember it? There was no quick attack on. Everyone had run up the field and the Pats defence was set, there were three people in the Rovers half and he was standing over the ball. It was insane. Buckley should have been livid with him.

Same situation last year Pats would have destroyed us. I've only seen a couple of Pats games this season but the lack of a quick tempo has been obvious in every one, and against ten men at home with a forward at full back should have led to Pats giving Rovers the runaround and exploiting what was already a pretty ropey defence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Not sure why you think that is mad.
    Because you're a mid-table team imo. But I suppose it's still early so it should balance itself out over the season.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Because you're a mid-table team imo. But I suppose it's still early so it should balance itself out over the season.
    That's a bit of an insane opinion. You might not think Dundalk can win the league (they look one of two form teams so far) but you can't say they're a mid-table side with a straight face.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepersBall View Post
    At the Drogs game last night and while the 'keeper was poor for the first goal, and seems to have totally lost confidence, he did pull off two top class saves.
    Too many players looked dis interested.
    Am hearing Athlone could do a Monaghan, I hope that's wrong, but with players having to beg lifts to the game off fans there are clearly problems.

There are no financial problems, that i am aware of. The whole thing about players getting lifts is the team bus goes from Dublin and unless it is to a game that the route goes through Athlone it wouldnt make sense to come to Athlone to pick them up as it would cost more. But the club should be organising lifts for players.
    To be honest, the general opinion of most fans at the moment is the club is run by people who haven't a clue how to run a football club and something needs to change asap.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    That's a bit of an insane opinion. You might not think Dundalk can win the league (they look one of two form teams so far) but you can't say they're a mid-table side with a straight face.
    Have to agree but sure he was saying similar last year if I recall correctly and see how that turned out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Where is Odhiambo playing for you? I thought he was a striker but in Tallaght he was playing on the wing, where he looked solid enough defensively but obviously doesn't have the pace or ball technique to be an attacking threat, but he looks like he'd make a decent front man.
    He has been played on the wing and behind the front man. Hasn't many goals in him so I'm not sure what he brings to the party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Any particular signs over the past 4 weeks or so to form that opinion on Dundalk?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    It did.

Over the 2013 season, we finished on 68 points, three behind the champions. This season, we've added more quality.

But we still "mid-table". Odd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    So who would be your top end of the table sides out of intrest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Longford just beaten 2-1 in Tallaght by Rovers B, Bennion sent off in injury time and then Daniel Purdy scored a minute later.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    A joke is what Cousins is. Totally wrong team selection. Purdy (who Cousins thought wasn't good enough for us) scores the winner. How our chairman gave him another year after last seasons capitulation I'll never know. He should get rid of him now while there's plenty of time to save the season. If he leaves it any longer, then it'll be another failure.

15. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Sent off.....Bennion or Flynn?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Flynn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    With all due respect, but that Extra Time website is just shocking - said Bennion was sent off; said Longford took the lead; keeps crashing every Friday night (First World problems, eh!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Extra Time do a good job of most Premier Division games, I'd guess it's down to volunteers, PD teams generally have more fans at games and hence are more likely to have volunteers willing to cover games.

Would like to see better First Division coverage though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    With all due respect, but that Extra Time website is just shocking - said Bennion was sent off; said Longford took the lead; keeps crashing every Friday night (First World problems, eh!)
    Futbol 24 said it was Bennion too, must be the same person updating both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Was Flynn sent off after the final whistle for dissent?? Was Bennion not sent off at all?

It's like a game of cluedo.

The Athlone travel arrangements are mad, the bus for all away trips should leave from the home ground imo, you sign for that club, you should be prepared to travel there at least once a week, otherwise meet the team bus there.

Longford keeping Tony Cousins is mad but the rest of the first division will not be complaining if he's kept on. Doing a great job in my opinion, lots of money and very little points.

22. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Flynn was sent off prior to Rovers second goal for dissent. Bennion wasn't sent off at all.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

24. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast