Thread: FAI Senior Cup 2014

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Weekend after this is the set weekend.
    City have no game that weekend but the cost to Avondale in renting the Cross for the game would be the only sticking point.
    How much would renting the cross set you back? Surely the admission would cover it?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    How much would renting the cross set you back? Surely the admission would cover it?
    not sure.
    but as far as the gate receipts go, the first 7.5% go to the FAI, then the home team get 65% of the remainder with Harps getting 35%.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Weekend after this is the set weekend.
    City have no game that weekend but the cost to Avondale in renting the Cross for the game would be the only sticking point.
    Reckon the cost would be no problem once they're guaranteed a big crowd in the Cross. Wouldn't imagine there'd even be half the same size travelling support if there was no spectator facilities, as well as the floating Cork City fans that'd probably take in the game in Cross.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I can see Avondale staging this game in Avondale park, should they rent the cross and have to pay the crazy referees fees it would surely cost them money! play them at home at try and cause a upset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    I can see Avondale staging this game in Avondale park, should they rent the cross and have to pay the crazy referees fees it would surely cost them money! play them at home at try and cause a upset.
    It's not about the match itself. There are no spectator facilities. That's where the problem lies.

Besides, referees fees will have to be paid no matter where it's played, so your point there is irrelevant.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's not about the match itself. There are no spectator facilities. That's where the problem lies.

Besides, referees fees will have to be paid no matter where it's played, so your point there is irrelevant.
    Just do what everyone else has too do down in Avondale and stand there and watch the match! Thats the joys of been drawn away!! Besides I think the poster above was talking about why should Avondale be made rent a pitch any where? It's an unneeded expense too them on top of the referees costs when they have a perfect pitch already just cuz a few away fans want a seat too be able too sit on!! Tough! !

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Harps average home attendance is probably 500-600. How many of them will undertake a 10 hour round trip to go to the game? Probably 10%?
    Facilities... Avondale are sound enough I'm sure they'll get ye a few seats, Lennox chipper sponsor them so I'm sure they'll have a chip van and their toilets work!!
    Hope they get the go ahead for Avondale park... Be a great atmosphere!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Just do what everyone else has too do down in Avondale and stand there and watch the match! Thats the joys of been drawn away!! Besides I think the poster above was talking about why should Avondale be made rent a pitch any where? It's an unneeded expense too them on top of the referees costs when they have a perfect pitch already just cuz a few away fans want a seat too be able too sit on!! Tough! !
    I have stood and watched matches in some of the worst grounds in Donegal and some of the worst grounds in the League of Ireland. Don't forget, Finn Park is no Nou Camp.

That's also besides the point you keep missing. There's elderly folk that travel to Harps away games and this will be no different. Are they going to be told "Tough" too? That's perfectly alright for you and for me, but for an 80 year old woman, it's not so good and the least that can be expected as a seat for them after travelling a couple of hundred miles.

Quote Originally Posted by old-head View Post
    Harps average home attendance is probably 500-600. How many of them will undertake a 10 hour round trip to go to the game? Probably 10%?
    Facilities... Avondale are sound enough I'm sure they'll get ye a few seats, Lennox chipper sponsor them so I'm sure they'll have a chip van and their toilets work!!
    Hope they get the go ahead for Avondale park... Be a great atmosphere!!

Harps average home attendance this season alright, but you underestimate a Donegal bandwagon, and indeed a Finn Harps bandwagon. Last season we had an average attendance of around 400, but for one big away trip to Galway, we had close to 200 people for a match there against Mervue United.
    There's expected to be around the same travelling to Cork for the Quarter Final of the cup and the club are looking into a hotel deal for a bus load of fans.

I'd feel sorry for Avondale if they had to rent Turners Cross, but put it this way, if the FAI forced it through, they'd have to stump up the cost of Turners Cross for the game, or at least subsidise the cost of the ground.

Likewise, if Harps managed to get through to the semi, there's worries over the potential suitability of holding of a semi final in Finn Park, having only 400 seats.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I'd feel sorry for Avondale if they had to rent Turners Cross, but put it this way, if the FAI forced it through, they'd have to stump up the cost of Turners Cross for the game, or at least subsidise the cost of the ground.

Likewise, if Harps managed to get through to the semi, there's worries over the potential suitability of holding of a semi final in Finn Park, having only 400 seats.
    They have received the list from the powers that be, they'll sift through it and I guess weigh up.
    Maybe installing a temporary seating area might be more cost effective.
    Would these OAPs also be wanting Complan at half time do you know?
    Presume the cup will seriously affect the crowd for Cobh this weekend.

As for a rental of Turners Cross, I don't think you'd get 700/800 even with City having a weekend off.
    Not sure what you'd charge, suppose it'd have to be €10, last Saturday was €5.
    Maybe play it during the day and eliminate the cost of floodlights?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    They have received the list from the powers that be, they'll sift through it and I guess weigh up.
    Maybe installing a temporary seating area might be more cost effective.
    Would these OAPs also be wanting Complan at half time do you know?
    Presume the cup will seriously affect the crowd for Cobh this weekend.

As for a rental of Turners Cross, I don't think you'd get 700/800 even with City having a weekend off.
    Sunday at 2pm would probably be in the best interests of all parties involved,young people and not so young people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Reckon the cost would be no problem once they're guaranteed a big crowd in the Cross. Wouldn't imagine there'd even be half the same size travelling support if there was no spectator facilities, as well as the floating Cork City fans that'd probably take in the game in Cross.

I don't think Cork got 800 for their first Cup game this season so there's no chance they'll turn up at Avondale/Harps.

As for Finn Harps, surely there's at least as many people who'd prefer a trip to somewhere new to cover all the 80 year old women who won't go if it isn't the luxury of Turner's Cross?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I don't think Cork got 800 for their first Cup game this season so there's no chance they'll turn up at Avondale/Harps.

As for Finn Harps, surely there's at least as many people who'd prefer a trip to somewhere new to cover all the 80 year old women who won't go if it isn't the luxury of Turner's Cross?
    Well, history shows people will turn up for the latter stages of a cup competition anyway. Reckon there'll easily be 800 or so there for this game if it was in Turners Cross. Wouldn't be the same attendance at Avondale Park, but that's just my opinion.

I'd wager more travelling fans would prefer the comfort of a seat in a nice stadium than having to stand in a field, somewhere new or not.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well, history shows people will turn up for the latter stages of a cup competition anyway. Reckon there'll easily be 800 or so there for this game if it was in Turners Cross. Wouldn't be the same attendance at Avondale Park, but that's just my opinion.

I'd wager more travelling fans would prefer the comfort of a seat in a nice stadium than having to stand in a field, somewhere new or not.
    Next thing you will want is the game played at terryland to lessen the travel,I think personally the best option would be turners cross but the final decision should be left up to Avondale,they probably see their chances increased if they played on their own pitch

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    Next thing you will want is the game played at terryland to lessen the travel,I think personally the best option would be turners cross but the final decision should be left up to Avondale,they probably see their chances increased if they played on their own pitch
    I'd be looking for it to be played at Dale Park but besides the seating being a problem the main stumbling block might be the parking situation. Us Corkonians know that after the players and staffs get space for there car there isn't much space left. Maybe if they opened the training pitch like the Everton intermediate Semi final it might make a difference but not much. I know this shouldn't come in to affect because were talking football but this health and safety Craic is gone huge these days.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Avondale Park confirmed for 3pm next Sunday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Avondale Park confirmed for 3pm next Sunday

2pm Avondale Park.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Apologies, 2pm it is.
    The PRO mis-informed me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Apologies, 2pm it is.
    The PRO mis-informed me.
    The same PRO that confirmed Turners Cross as venue last week?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    The same PRO that confirmed Turners Cross as venue last week?!
    I dont think anyone ever confirmed it for the cross. Home draw for Dale. Why should they change venue against a not so big (anymore) Finn Harps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenbuck View Post
    I dont think anyone ever confirmed it for the cross. Home draw for Dale. Why should they change venue against a not so big (anymore) Finn Harps.
    PRO had initially said it would be in Turners Cross. Don't shoot the messenger.

For the record, all this messing around has severely hit the amount of Harps fans that'll be travelling down. Most don't fancy a 6am start to head to Cork and back for a 2pm kick-off.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast